Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 09:34 It is currently 10 May 2024, 09:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
IK: IRFAN KHAN
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello experts,

Kindly advise on below profile :

10-years in Merchant Navy, still sailing as 2nd Officer in L.N.G Tankers, elite fleet of shipping industry.

B.Sc. in Nautical Science - 75%,
10- 75%
12- 70%

GMAT- 640 (Q-47, V-31, AWA-4),

Over the years have worked with different nationalities and been to most parts of the world for cargo operations.

Have worked in Ship building yard for 01-month in Portugal.

What are my prospects for IIMs, ISB and XLRI?

Thanks & Best Regards
Irfan

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Send PM
Hi Irfan,

GMAT score might be a concern for IIM A, B, C and ISB. Most of them have an average GMAT score of 700-710 and they want to maintain it that way. You can try GMAT again, depending on your bandwidth and preparation.
Your profile is different from many others who apply to the program and hence there is slight chance that you can secure admissions even with this score. Either way, a lot rides on your application and how you present you story to the admissions committee.
PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

irfy7864al wrote:
Hello experts,

10-years in Merchant Navy, still sailing as 2nd Officer in L.N.G Tankers, elite fleet of shipping industry.

10- 75%
12- 70%

Over the years have worked with different nationalities and been to most parts of the world for cargo operations.

Thanks & Best Regards
Irfan

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 584 [0]
Given Kudos: 165
Send PM
Expert Reply
irfy7864al wrote:
Hello experts,

10- 75%
12- 70%

Thanks & Best Regards
Irfan

Hi Irfan,

A few points to note:
1. A higher GMAT will definitely help. B-schools use GMAT scores as an evaluation for how well you will succeed in their curriculum. My guess is, working on shipliners in an operations role will not give you enough quantitative exposure, and thus could be a concern with admissions teams.
2. What are your achievements and the impact you have created? this information will be valuable in evaluating your profile for MBA admissions. B-schools want to admit leaders and they would want to know your leadership skills, achievements and impact via the application.
3. what is the reason for doing an MBA now? YOu will have to explain this during your interaction with the admissions team.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: ISB '21
Send PM
Hi all,

I will have 6 years of work ex by April 2020.
- 4 years in an automotive OEM with exposure to 1 product development cycle (Jeep Compass)
- 2 years as an Analyst in McKinsey, serving auto clients as a full time consultant

10th and 12th - 85%, B.Tech Mech - 8.4 CGPA
extracurriculars - 2 time participant of BAJA SAE India (Built 2 cars in college)

I am currently in the preparation phase of my GMAT.

Need help in getting a target GMAT score and my chances for selection in IIM ABC and ISB 1 year courses.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Originally posted by abhisheknigam2626 on 31 Jul 2019, 05:47.
Last edited by abhisheknigam2626 on 01 Aug 2019, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I am in a fix right now. I gave my GMAT and scored 680 (first attempt ever), Q48, V35, IR6.

Acads: X - 88 percent
XII - 84 percent (CBSE)

B.E (Mechanical) - 69 percent from Punjab University (UIET, Chandigarh) All India AIEEE rank of 26,000

Work Experience - 8 years work experience. Currently leading a team of 5 business Analysts in a Business Research company.

Nature of job is quite interesting as we are helping clients from various geographies, mostly US and UK based to get a pulse of the market. Typically my job is to help clients with business research, competitive intelligence, market sizing, M&A target identification, etc.

As a result I have a good knowledge of Technology domain as clients are basically tech companies. I have been to a short week long onsite visit To UK as well, not sure if that helps.

I have received faster than average promotions and currently working as a Manager. Interacting with international clients and working on PowerPoint presentations is a routine.

I don't have much to show for extra curricular activities. In reality I love doing mimicry, played basketball for school. Currently I have developed a good level of interest in Chess.

Please let me know if I should try for IIM A, B, C, ISB?

Is IIM L within my reach? Should I retake GMAT?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
gaurav I guess you have good work experience and a decent GMAT. Additionally nature of job is also fairly managerial so I guess you can go ahead with this profile.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Gaurav,

You have an interesting Market research profile. A slight increase in score to 690-700 might help you if you want IIM A, B, C and ISB. However, 680 might also suffice if you can present a strong SOP and application. IIM L is well within your reach if you can present a strong, substantial Application.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

gaurav1289 wrote:
Hi All,

I am in a fix right now. I gave my GMAT and scored 680 (first attempt ever), Q48, V35, IR6.

Acads: X - 88 percent
XII - 84 percent (CBSE)

B.E (Mechanical) - 69 percent from Punjab University (UIET, Chandigarh) All India AIEEE rank of 26,000

Work Experience - 8 years work experience. Currently leading a team of 5 business Analysts in a Business Research company.

Nature of job is quite interesting as we are helping clients from various geographies, mostly US and UK based to get a pulse of the market. Typically my job is to help clients with business research, competitive intelligence, market sizing, M&A target identification, etc.

As a result I have a good knowledge of Technology domain as clients are basically tech companies. I have been to a short week long onsite visit To UK as well, not sure if that helps.

I have received faster than average promotions and currently working as a Manager. Interacting with international clients and working on PowerPoint presentations is a routine.

I don't have much to show for extra curricular activities. In reality I love doing mimicry, played basketball for school. Currently I have developed a good level of interest in Chess.

Please let me know if I should try for IIM A, B, C, ISB?

Is IIM L within my reach? Should I retake GMAT?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Can anyone evaluate my chances for acceptance at IIM A, B and C (re applicant for IIM_B (had received interview call in R2))?

• Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years

• Undergrad Information:
o Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India

• GPA: 3.98 (Department Topper)

• GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35, AWA5, IR5)

• Work Experience:
o Acting as Senior Executive Engineer and Engineering Consultant at Linde Engineering, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor.
o Currently, I am in Munich, Germany to execute feed engineering for US based $8.5 billion Ethylene cracker for the client Bechtel. I am being made familiar with the project so that in the later part, I will be bring the project engineering to Indian office, thereby executing the project by leading it with team of 4.
o I am the only one from our Indian office to learn a new technology of Butadiene complex from the licensor company named JSR. With this knowledge, I could execute its engineering for an ethylene complex of client Niznekamsknefthakim (Russia based). Such support has helped the company save 50 million euro by not outsourcing the engineering of butadiene complex. I have even developed a team so that engineering of such technology can be executed by Linde for the future projects, saving around 50 million euros to the company for each project.
o My diligent performance at the company gifted me an unusual promotion in terms of responsibility. It got me promoted to act as a discipline lead for a $6 billion Shell Ethylene Cracker Complex, a role exclusively reserved for seniors. As a lead, I was held responsible for all the technical deliverables and their necessary planning and execution. Such fast track transition from a sedulous team member to a discipline lead has helped company to develop a leader at very low cost.
o I have executed a 1-2 million euro Project as a Lead at South African site (2 months) for client Afrox. The primary task was to update the P&ID with the current status of the operating Air Separation Plants by discussing with client the scope of work, man-hour estimation, the Safety rules followed in the plant etc. I was appreciated by Client for following and making everyone follow the Linde Safety standards at the site, thereby increasing Linde’s reputation in the eyes of client.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany to perform the task of aligning the vendor documents with the required standards for the project of Exxon Mobil owned $ 3 billion ethylene cracker complex. I was directly working with client Exxon Mobil, Main Work contractor Bechtel and few vendors such as Mitsubishi, dresser rand etc. The cost of the work was around 1.2 million Euros. The work was a major milestone in my career as I executed it perfectly with only 1 year of work experience.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany second time to perform the task of Basic Engineering (Engineering phase when the plant design is being conceptualized) for $ 6 billion Shell owned Ethylene cracker complex. I was a part of project task force, regularly getting involved in meeting with client Shell and main work contractor Bechtel.
o I have worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
o I am recognized in the company for providing the idea of reducing the plastic bottle use. Such initiative has helped company reduce operating cost and improve employee’s health
o I have focussed and developed on the competency group such as Customer focus, Result Delivery, Embracing change, personal Development, Cross-cultural communication and Employee Development and Empowerment

• Achievements:
o Awarded three gold medal for achieving:
 highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
 highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Petrochemical subjects) in Engineering
 highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
o Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
o Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
o Co-founder of successful NGO (start-up) called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
o Served as a member of Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
o Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
o Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
o Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
o Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament

Extracurricular Activities:

o Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home
o Acting as an advisor for Vadodara Toastmasters Club

• Post MBA goals –
o Short Term goal to join a Consulting firm in Oil & gas sector to resolve the macroeconomic issues
o Long term goal to
 become CEO / MD of Oil & gas firm
 start-up a Non profit Waste Treatment plant (to remain in touch with my Chemical Engg. discipline and to give back something to the society)

• Hobbies:
o Knowing the social behaviour of Wildlife to know more about the nature and about how the nature has differentiated it from the human beings
o Watching WWE as it inspires and motivates me to do the best
o Reading Washington Post to improve vocabulary and to know the current affairs
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

For IIMA PGPX

6.75 CPI, passed out in 2011 from Sardar Patel University, Anand, Gujarat

GRE 320

B.E. Mechatronics. 8 years of Work experience with Larsen & Toubro Limited. Worked for Aerospace and defense projects with national importance.

Post MBA I want to influence and transform Defense and Aerospace sector of India in exponential way to make the nation self sufficient.

Thanks in advance.
Avnish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Hi all, does a 680 in GMAT guarantee a call from the IIM's for an interview? My background is merchant Navy with 8 years of experience.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi Daivat,

You have strong experience and extracurricular that will enable you to secure admissions. It might be important for you to introspect why you didn't get in last time and how you can improve your interview skills. I am not sure of your total years of experience, but you would definitely need clarity on why you need an MBA now and what after that. You also should be able to justify it well in the interview.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

daivat21buch wrote:
Can anyone evaluate my chances for acceptance at IIM A, B and C (re applicant for IIM_B (had received interview call in R2))?

• Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years

• Undergrad Information:
o Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India

• GPA: 3.98 (Department Topper)

• GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35, AWA5, IR5)

• Work Experience:
o Acting as Senior Executive Engineer and Engineering Consultant at Linde Engineering, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor.
o Currently, I am in Munich, Germany to execute feed engineering for US based $8.5 billion Ethylene cracker for the client Bechtel. I am being made familiar with the project so that in the later part, I will be bring the project engineering to Indian office, thereby executing the project by leading it with team of 4.
o I am the only one from our Indian office to learn a new technology of Butadiene complex from the licensor company named JSR. With this knowledge, I could execute its engineering for an ethylene complex of client Niznekamsknefthakim (Russia based). Such support has helped the company save 50 million euro by not outsourcing the engineering of butadiene complex. I have even developed a team so that engineering of such technology can be executed by Linde for the future projects, saving around 50 million euros to the company for each project.
o My diligent performance at the company gifted me an unusual promotion in terms of responsibility. It got me promoted to act as a discipline lead for a $6 billion Shell Ethylene Cracker Complex, a role exclusively reserved for seniors. As a lead, I was held responsible for all the technical deliverables and their necessary planning and execution. Such fast track transition from a sedulous team member to a discipline lead has helped company to develop a leader at very low cost.
o I have executed a 1-2 million euro Project as a Lead at South African site (2 months) for client Afrox. The primary task was to update the P&ID with the current status of the operating Air Separation Plants by discussing with client the scope of work, man-hour estimation, the Safety rules followed in the plant etc. I was appreciated by Client for following and making everyone follow the Linde Safety standards at the site, thereby increasing Linde’s reputation in the eyes of client.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany to perform the task of aligning the vendor documents with the required standards for the project of Exxon Mobil owned $ 3 billion ethylene cracker complex. I was directly working with client Exxon Mobil, Main Work contractor Bechtel and few vendors such as Mitsubishi, dresser rand etc. The cost of the work was around 1.2 million Euros. The work was a major milestone in my career as I executed it perfectly with only 1 year of work experience.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany second time to perform the task of Basic Engineering (Engineering phase when the plant design is being conceptualized) for $ 6 billion Shell owned Ethylene cracker complex. I was a part of project task force, regularly getting involved in meeting with client Shell and main work contractor Bechtel.
o I have worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
o I am recognized in the company for providing the idea of reducing the plastic bottle use. Such initiative has helped company reduce operating cost and improve employee’s health
o I have focussed and developed on the competency group such as Customer focus, Result Delivery, Embracing change, personal Development, Cross-cultural communication and Employee Development and Empowerment

• Achievements:
o Awarded three gold medal for achieving:
 highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
 highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Petrochemical subjects) in Engineering
 highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
o Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
o Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
o Co-founder of successful NGO (start-up) called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
o Served as a member of Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
o Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
o Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
o Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
o Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament

Extracurricular Activities:

o Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home
o Acting as an advisor for Vadodara Toastmasters Club

• Post MBA goals –
o Short Term goal to join a Consulting firm in Oil & gas sector to resolve the macroeconomic issues
o Long term goal to
 become CEO / MD of Oil & gas firm
 start-up a Non profit Waste Treatment plant (to remain in touch with my Chemical Engg. discipline and to give back something to the society)

• Hobbies:
o Knowing the social behaviour of Wildlife to know more about the nature and about how the nature has differentiated it from the human beings
o Watching WWE as it inspires and motivates me to do the best
o Reading Washington Post to improve vocabulary and to know the current affairs
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi Avnish,

With the limited information given, you can definitely get in. However, your GRE score is just equivalent to the class average and hence you will need to focus on how you can set yourself apart from other applicants and how you can make an impact on the admissions committee.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

AvnishThakkar wrote:
Hi,

For IIMA PGPX

6.75 CPI, passed out in 2011 from Sardar Patel University, Anand, Gujarat

GRE 320

B.E. Mechatronics. 8 years of Work experience with Larsen & Toubro Limited. Worked for Aerospace and defense projects with national importance.

Post MBA I want to influence and transform Defense and Aerospace sector of India in exponential way to make the nation self sufficient.

Thanks in advance.
Avnish
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi Raul,

A number of factors are considered and a GMAT score of 680 DOES NOT guarantee an interview call.

Regards,
Tridisha

raul1706 wrote:
Hi all, does a 680 in GMAT guarantee a call from the IIM's for an interview? My background is merchant Navy with 8 years of experience.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Research (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi all,

Glad to see the thread. It ringed nostalgia bells. I was on the other side of the table last year. I applied to IIM A/B/C last year and got through all of them.

I am currently pursuing PGPX in IIM-A. A few of you have interacted with me during various webinars organized by the college.

I will be happy to help you all during the admission process so please feel free to reach out.

Let's get started.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi All,

Would appreciate if the experts can evaluate my profile:

Indian, Male, 28 years, CFA, Silver Medalist
GMAT: 680 (Q49 V35, IR5, AWA 6)

Work Experience - 6.5 years as of Dec 2019

1. Working as an Independent Consultant (self-employed) to a UK Investment Banking firm. Currently working on 6 deals looking to raise $1 million - $10 million and working on one another Indian company to divest its stake outside India. The work involves consulting and discussions with founders/ senior directors on business, due diligence, fund raising requirements and preparing pitch book, IM and interactions with investors representing the companies. The work gets more interesting since I work closely with the founders and senior management and addressing concerns of investors over companies’ operations, strategy and product from financing point of view.

2. Three Years of experience as a valuation analyst in a consulting firm
• Lead a team of 5 analyst for valuation engagements on financial reporting and tax compliance for startup and private equity funds. Also performed valuations of complex securities for distressed/ illiquid assets and ad-hoc research based due-diligence activities
• Extensively trained, mentored and brought onto production floor, 3 MBA freshers, 1 Chartered Accountant and 1 Chartered Financial Analyst to manage valuation engagements under limited supervision
• Handled 3 engagement partners and collaborated with managers and associates to assist in due diligence and valuation of companies through all development stages, from seed funding to pre-IPO stage.
• Collaborated with directors to set up 2 new service offering and single-handedly setup and scaled the team to 7 members in 1 year.
• Lead the engagement on valuation of a Canadian healthcare medicinal weed-based company for fund raising activity. Independently worked on strategic planning projects, gift tax and M&A activity.

3. Another 3 years of work ex in an MNC and an equity broking firm - covering Indian macroeconomics and banking sector and global coverage of metals and mining companies.

Academics:
• CFA Charterholder, BBA Hons with diploma in liberal studies.
• Silver Medalist and was among the top 2% in academics throughout the college tenure.
• Hosted industry leaders for workshops, lectures and interviews by co-founding 2 clubs – a Management Club and an Entrepreneurship Club in collaboration with IIT and IIM alumnus.
• Presented research papers at National Level

Extra-curricular
• Art and Craft activities including designing, teaching and creating customized greeting cards, wax sculptures, oil painting, and other DIY activities.
• NGO activities (teaching underprivileged, organizing Global Village through AISEC, raising AIDS awareness campaigns, etc.) in college days.
• Inter-College Table Tennis (Singles) winner

My Queries:
1. I am essentially looking to move from a sell-side role (Investment Banking) to buy-side role (PE/VC – asset managers). However, I am skeptical if this transition is possible through One Year Indian MBA having a less track record of placement for such roles coupled with my lower than average GMAT score. I am flexible (and strongly thinking) to move towards a corporate managerial/ leadership role such as Head of Finance, CFO, etc. However, I would need inputs on what kind of roles are suitable considering my profile history.
2. Which schools should I target to apply in India, Canada and US?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please help me with my profile assessment. I am targeting IIMs for 1 year PGPX or ISB.

My details are mentioned below:

I have a total work experience of 7.5 years in IT consulting. I am currently working with a leading UK bank in Designer role where I contributed in design and set up of new Cheque Clearing system as per UK Government's mandate working closely with business and operations team.
Previously I have worked with another UK bank in mortgages where I started as software developer and grew into Technical Lead role. Prior to that I started my career with an IT consulting firm working for a US based client in business support role.

Academic Details:
B.Tech from GB Pant Engg College, Pauri, Uttarakhand with 66.14%.
XII - 93% CBSE
X - 91% CBSE

GMAT: 720

Work experience and leadership
Currently leading a team of 6 software developers. Previously lead a team of 16 members working on a migration project. International Experience of 3 months leading an Ops and Tech collaboration initiative which lead to multiple benefits to the bank including 37% reduction of customer complaints.

Community and others
I have been part of multiple organisation level CSR activities. Organised sports tournaments and other multiple events for the entire organisation.
Awarded Entry Level Talent of the year and other accolades during professional journey.

Post MBA goals
want to move into tech leadership roles in banking domain.

Anything else?
Have worked with father's business for a year just after college helping in initial setup as we were setting it up from scratch.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V29
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V32
Send PM
Hi

I re-took my GMAT today and scored 650 (Q48,V33), IR-5. My first attempt score was 620 (Q47,V29).

I am male, 35, India, with work experience of 13+ years predominantly in PSUs. 11 months in HAL, Sukohi-30MKI assembly, 6-months in NMDC, Iron-ore mines and since 2007 in a steel PSU.

Academics:

Xth - 73.5% Army School
XIIth - 80% Army School
B Tech (Electrical & Electronics Engineering) from MAHATMA GANDHI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, HYDERABAD - 63.5%

Extra-Ciricular activities

Won many elocution and debate competitions at the school level and even at my workplace.
Have participated twice in National Competition for Young Managers, NCYM held by AIMA. Secured regional 3rd once in Kolkata.
Work as a faculty at the workplace (apart from my regular work) as a part of the Skill Development initiative by National Skill Development Corporation, Govt. Of India.
Passion for biking. I have been a part of a few biking expeditions (self-organized).
I am a life member of the Youth Hostels Association of India, YHAI and participated in National Himalayan Trekking Expedition-SARPASS.
Later, a knee injury in an accident led me to quit my adventurous side.
After recuperating from my injury, started a software, data entry startup (20 seaters) along with my wife. (As I work for a PSU, I cannot hold any office of profit)
But, being in a tier-2 city made it difficult for the start-up to sustain as getting projects was extremely difficult and the market was full of fraudsters. After running the start-up for a year and a half, handed over to one of our influential partners.

Why MBA?

I feel after so many years in PSUs, my career has hit a plateau and further, I see little scope of growth. It is difficult to rise in a PSU, even when equipped with a suitable skill set.
I feel a 1 year MBA would equip me with a definite skill set, apart from honing my existing ones, that would allow for a career shift within the domain of operations and strategy. I am looking forward to a more challenging work environment that would boost my career. I am looking forward for a domain change too but not at the cost of losing perspective of my 13+ years of experience in operations.

Target Schools
ISB, IIM-A, B, C, I
I have not thought of schools outside India, but would welcome suggestions.

Suggestions
Is my score worth it?
Or am I aiming too high?
Should I retake GMAT?...With the Round-1 deadline of IIM-A on 27th Aug 2019, I have very little time to decide. I can't just apply for the sake of it as my boss will have to give his LOR and I don't want to spill beans if I am not sure of an interview call at least.

Please evaluate my profile.

Thanks in advance.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  43