Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 09:06 It is currently 02 May 2024, 09:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: LBS '16 (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: IMD '16 (S)
Send PM
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Just got an email saying i'm denied admission to the program commencing in August 13., when i infact applied in october of 2013.
I would assume Such a school as LBS would at least take the trouble to get the Year we are applying to correctly.

Congrats to all who received Interview Invites.All the best :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
lm11 wrote:
Just got an email saying i'm denied admission to the program commencing in August 13., when i infact applied in october of 2013.
I would assume Such a school as LBS would at least take the trouble to get the Year we are applying to correctly.

I threw out a hail mary, and replied back mentioning that. Would be nuts if it's the side-effect of some crazy technical error for some of the interview-invited candidates.

99% sure this pass will go incomplete (ie fail ).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Blax0r wrote:
lm11 wrote:

I threw out a hail mary, and replied back mentioning that. Would be nuts if it's the side-effect of some crazy technical error for some of the interview-invited candidates.

My email had the correct year and had my name. I believe emails are sent personally and divided amongst a few people in Ad com by region. So, perhaps one person made an error and the entire batch of emails he/she sent have that error. But others (such as mine) are error free.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Blax0r wrote:
lm11 wrote:

I made the same attempt. I'm sure they simply sent out form email from last year and forgot to update the dates. It was late in London and that's a simple mistake to make. All the best to those of you who got interviews!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Got an invite. After dings from Columbia and Booth (earlier this evening), this was just the news I needed.

Congratulations to all others who got an invite too, and chin up to all those who didn't. All the best brethren!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:
Got an invite. After dings from Columbia and Booth (earlier this evening), this was just the news I needed.

Congratulations to all others who got an invite too, and chin up to all those who didn't. All the best brethren!

Congrats man, surprised Columbia or Booth didn't extend invites considering you were able to snag the LBS one!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE:Operations (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Got my interview invite at 5.16 GMT. Time to start preparing for the next stage.

All the best to everyone else who applied to the program, irrespective of the decision today :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.99
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Dinged. Reapplicant, last year (Round 2) I was interviewed in London and waitlisted until September the 12th, 2013. This year no interview at all though I have changed my field of work completely. Awkward, in my opinion. Again, the same stuff with dates: 2015 instead of 2016. Kind of deja vu for me. =)

By the way, for those people who think that the email with their name on the top is not a generic one that is sent to everyone - you are wrong. Usually only dates and the name of your interviewer are different. All the rest is similar. Last year I made a mistake in my name (two letters were uppercased), so every email from adcom had this mistake. I think the name is taken automatically from the box that you filled in your application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Dinged without interview. I have a low undergrad GPA and haven't worked or studied abroad, so I'm not surprised, but still bummed considering my work experience and GMAT. I was really very excited about the program at LBS.

I also received the August 2013 email. After all of the time and effort that went into my app (not to mention the application fee), I do feel insulted that they didn't even take the time to reject me in a considerate fashion. I would still attend the school in a heart-beat, but my opinion of the administration has certainly been lowered.

Good luck to everyone who made this first cut. And good luck to everyone else as well as you pursue alternative programs.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So, I'm still analyzing my rejection letter from LBS, and am trying to figure this out:

Quote:
Should I reapply?
This is your decision, but please note that we do specifically invite those candidates we actively wish to reapply to do so when they receive their decision e-mail. You should also remember that competition for places is extremely intense every year.

I'm reading this as "We'll specifically let you know if you should reapply". Obviously, I'm very disappointed that LBS declined to interview me, but had mentally added LBS to the top of the schools-to-reapply-next-year-if-needed list.

Any LBS re-applicants out there with some insight?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Blax0r wrote:
So, I'm still analyzing my rejection letter from LBS, and am trying to figure this out:

Quote:
Should I reapply?
This is your decision, but please note that we do specifically invite those candidates we actively wish to reapply to do so when they receive their decision e-mail. You should also remember that competition for places is extremely intense every year.

I'm reading this as "We'll specifically let you know if you should reapply". Obviously, I'm very disappointed that LBS declined to interview me, but had mentally added LBS to the top of the schools-to-reapply-next-year-if-needed list.

Any LBS re-applicants out there with some insight?

What exactly do you need to know? I was advised to reapply by the admission committee recently (in September) since I was on the waiting list for almost half a year and I was immediately dinged after I have reapplied. In fact, it looks like they told me to reapply in order to ding me. :roll:

Generally, they require to make a drastic change in your application in order to stand out of the pool. If you submit the same profile for the next year, your chances will be no different than today. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
whenever wrote:

What exactly do you need to know? I was advised to reapply by the admission committee recently (in September) since I was on the waiting list for almost half a year and I was immediately dinged after I have reapplied. In fact, it looks like they told me to reapply in order to ding me. :roll:

Generally, they require to make a drastic change in your application in order to stand out of the pool. If you submit the same profile for the next year, your chances will be no different than today. :wink:

Oh man, that's more painful than the swift execution I received; hope things work out bro.

I was wondering whether LBS is discouraging re-applicants (unless explicitly recommended to do so); even if one were to make a drastic change to his/her profile. In my case, I did not receive an invitation to re-apply, so I should not consider LBS ever again?

Just seems a bit hardcore, and I was wondering if uninvited-to-reapply re-applicants could share their experience (sorry should've been more specific in my original post).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Blax0r wrote:

Oh man, that's more painful than the swift execution I received; hope things work out bro.

I hope too. ;-)

Blax0r wrote:
I was wondering whether LBS is discouraging re-applicants (unless explicitly recommended to do so); even if one were to make a drastic change to his/her profile. In my case, I did not receive an invitation to re-apply, so I should not consider LBS ever again?

No, that is not true, you should and may. First of all, you still have a plenty of time (almost a year) and your profile may become much different in a couple of months, so you will become more attractive for them. I guess they admit reapplicants even without suggesting them to reapply, there is no strict pattern. Most probably they suggest to reapply for those who were waitlisted or were really close to the final admission. As in my case, I think I was pretty close to the final admission, since I was on the waiting list from April till September the 12th, when they suggested to reapply.

And one more thing, I am pretty sure that they do not remember most of applicants/reapplicants and do not spend much time checking your previous application and reading your essays/recommendations. They even forgot to change the date on the letter causing hundreds of denied applicants to write them back and to ask whether his or her ding was a mistake or not. To put it mildly, I think the adcom is not very attentive. :twisted:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
whenever wrote:
No, that is not true, you should and may. First of all, you still have a plenty of time (almost a year) and your profile may become much different in a couple of months, so you will become more attractive for them. I guess they admit reapplicants even without suggesting them to reapply, there is no strict pattern. Most probably they suggest to reapply for those who were waitlisted or were really close to the final admission. As in my case, I think I was pretty close to the final admission, since I was on the waiting list from April till September the 12th, when they suggested to reapply.

And one more thing, I am pretty sure that they do not remember most of applicants/reapplicants and do not spend much time checking your previous application and reading your essays/recommendations. They even forgot to change the date on the letter causing hundreds of denied applicants to write them back and to ask whether his or her ding was a mistake or not. To put it mildly, I think the adcom is not very attentive. :twisted:

lold hard at the bold statement, and I agree with your assessment.

Well, if I screw up my Booth interview next week, and completely strike out this application cycle, I'll be slipping in my LBS app next year for sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Received an email from the admissions consultant noting that most interviews are expected to take place from 11-24 Nov. Looks like the process could kick off very soon! For those prepping, the clear admit website has free reports from recent LBS interviewees which are great to get an understanding of types of questions..:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone heard from their regional admissions consultant to schedule their interview? With the Thanksgiving holiday in the US, I'd like to get mine schedule since I'll be out of town that week. I haven't contacted my admissions consultant since the invitation does say to "be patient." :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Are any US applicants planning on working back in the US post-MBA? Just curious if I am shooting myself in the foot by attending a school whose strongest network is UK/EU if I am not planning on working there post graduation.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts