Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 04:10 It is currently 05 May 2024, 04:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Supply Chain Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [2]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.59
WE:Accounting (Law)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
kple12 wrote:
prodizy wrote:
Hey,

This thread has been awfully quiet. First round deadline due in few days. How is the essay coming along? The concept of one essay makes me really nervous. Too little space to portray myself. You people facing the difficulty too?

Best,
Prodizy

My essays being edited by a Anderson grad right now... But yeah I was running into the same problem. Luckily the admissions committee did give a good synopsis:

At first glance this question may seem overly simplistic but, if used correctly, the answer can provide the admission committee with lots of valuable information about you and enhance your application. Your essay will help us understand your plans (short and long-term). It also tells us about your self-assessment/awareness and your professional maturity. A good essay should address the path you intend to follow in our program and beyond; connect it to your passions and show some insights into areas you wish to develop. Thoughtful applicants will also look to identify any resources and tools the program may offer to help you achieve your goals. Examples may include classes, activities, clubs and other extra curricular opportunities. The goal is to communicate that you are ready for an MBA and that you have a solid understanding of what is needed to make the most of your experience. And lastly, that you have a clear plan for your post MBA life.

The problem was weaving all of those points into 750 words with proper introductions, transitions, and conclusions. It also needs to be in a very logical format which makes it even more difficult. If I were to guess, there will be a lot more interview invites than years past. Still definitely the easiest application out of all the ones I've done thus far which is both a blessing and curse.... :?

Thanks. Yes, I did go through the above quoted text. But still one essay just makes me nervous :)

Best,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Anderson's thread was very active last year. Looks like this year is not going to be like that. I am almost done with my essays. I had to write optional essay too. Hoping to submit it in the next 2 days. I feel preparing for GMAT was less stressful. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
yamus wrote:
Anderson's thread was very active last year. Looks like this year is not going to be like that. I am almost done with my essays. I had to write optional essay too. Hoping to submit it in the next 2 days. I feel preparing for GMAT was less stressful. :)

Their R1 decision date is WAYYY too late compared to other schools...thus I don't feel a sense of urgency to get my apps in right away.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
I submitted my app on 9/23. Did it a tad bit early as work was bound to get busy and I did not want to rush with application.
My recommender hasn't filled in yet. I've been reminding him and he said it will be done over the weekend.

Have they started reviewing apps already? Any idea when the interview invites will flow in?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
ssg91 wrote:
I submitted my app on 9/23. Did it a tad bit early as work was bound to get busy and I did not want to rush with application.
My recommender hasn't filled in yet. I've been reminding him and he said it will be done over the weekend.

Have they started reviewing apps already? Any idea when the interview invites will flow in?

Apps will be reviewed only after the deadline. They don't have rolling admissions...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Applied for R1! Good luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
My recommender told me that Anderson only allows for 700 characters per recommendation question. I just wanted to confirm that this was the case, as it seems so much shorter than the recs for other schools.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Swoosh617 wrote:
My recommender told me that Anderson only allows for 700 characters per recommendation question. I just wanted to confirm that this was the case, as it seems so much shorter than the recs for other schools.

Wow just 700 characters!! Will check with my recommender. Any other people can confirm this bit of info??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
To anyone who has already submitted their app--is there an opportunity in the submission process to save a PDF/view the entire app before actual submitting? I'm afraid of hitting the "Proceed to Submission" button if it doesn't give me that whole overview first.

FWIW, my recommender confirmed to me that each question has a 700 character limit, including spaces.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mbamyway wrote:
To anyone who has already submitted their app--is there an opportunity in the submission process to save a PDF/view the entire app before actual submitting? I'm afraid of hitting the "Proceed to Submission" button if it doesn't give me that whole overview first.

FWIW, my recommender confirmed to me that each question has a 700 character limit, including spaces.

Yes, the submission process is a 2 step process. Once you "check your application" and click submit, you will be presented a screen where you can download the pdf version of the application and where you need to sign the honor code. You can still go back and make changes at this stage.

Once you confirm your submission (submit the second time), your application is locked and you are directed towards the payment gateway.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
sp88 wrote:
ssg91 wrote:

Apps will be reviewed only after the deadline. They don't have rolling admissions...

Ok. When can we expect invites to be sent? will they be sent in waves or on a specified date?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Hi Everyone. Will Anderson do an early decision release like they did last year, right before the Christmas holidays?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Investment Banking (Computer Software)
Send PM
Guys this is urgent, just submitted my app but realised i havent officially reported my toefl and gmat to UCLA. What should I do now ? Go ahead and report the score reports officially or wait for them to check and revert. Please help
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I believe that you should report the GMAT scores to UCLA along with your application. Otherwise it might not be considered as a complete application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
MichaelScottDMifflin wrote:
Guys this is urgent, just submitted my app but realised i havent officially reported my toefl and gmat to UCLA. What should I do now ? Go ahead and report the score reports officially or wait for them to check and revert. Please help

I suppose you should send 'UCLA Anderson' an email to confirm. There is a possibility that they may give some leeway for official scores to arrive later but I am not sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
essen1976 wrote:

I suppose you should send 'UCLA Anderson' an email to confirm. There is a possibility that they may give some leeway for official scores to arrive later but I am not sure.

essen1976's comment sounds more logic. They only mentioned that the GMAT date should be before the deadline. So, it should be ok even if the score doesn't reach them before deadline. But they might need to see it before they make a decision. You can email them and ask. They have always replied promptly to all my emails before. Don't worry too much. You should be ok.
Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM

Once the application is submitted there is message that says - if you still haven't submitted your official scores, please make sure you send the scores to the school as soon as possible. I also remember reading that the ad-com can not send out admits until your self reported scores are verified with the official ones. I guess it means the ad-com will use your self reported scores for now, but make sure you send your scores asap to the school.

Just submitted my application for round 1
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts