Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 05:45 It is currently 20 May 2024, 05:45
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT Date: 06-15-2013
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
michaelk8 wrote:
This has probably been asked a few times, but want to make sure from applicants who have already interviewed.

Have you been asked for official paper copies of your transcripts? My guess is no because this was not indicated in any communication - just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Official transcripts not required until after acceptance.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Corporate Finance (Insurance)
Send PM
etta wrote:
gsmtftw wrote:
Had my interview a couple days ago
I got all prepared for the behavioral questions I checked on clear admit ...
The interview started smoothly, answered a few behavioral questions... and then why MIT...

but then I got bummed when my interviewer suddenly asked me to talk about another example of pushing myself out of my comfort zone.. other than the one I gave in my essay...
Totally not prepared for that.... fumbled a bit... moments of silence.....
and I eventually did come up with one, but definitely not one I was prepared to talk about... :(

So I'm a bit confused on whether I did well on the interview...
I think it will be 3 long weeks of endless waiting...

Still, hoping for a Merry Christmas for all of us!!!!

I would struggle with that question too! I wanted to write in the essay, "this essay is out of my comfort zone".

In reality, I'm sure you did better than you think! The silences probably weren't that long and fumbles didn't come across as stumbles.

Who did you interview with?

Thanks for the cheerups! :)

I interviewed with Rod Garcia.

I'm just going to forget about MIT and go on with R2... I hate waiting!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: MSMS Recruiting
On my recent trip to Europe, I attended several MSMS recruiting events with my colleague Julia Sargeaunt. When I first arrived in London, Julia was very excited to share her experience from the day before:

On a Saturday morning in the city of Oxford, I had a lovely breakfast at an old Jam Factory that has been converted into a restaurant with seven women from seven countries to discuss the MSMS Program. Countries represented included China, Croatia, France, Finland, India, United Kingdom, and the United States.

Welcoming its first class in September 2009, MIT Sloan’s MSMS program has grown in popularity and international interest. Learn more about the MSMS program on our website, and read first-hand experiences from current student bloggers.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Has anyone received any reply after sending the Thank You note? Did you send it to the email address of the AdCom or that of the interviewer? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
forestream wrote:
Has anyone received any reply after sending the Thank You note? Did you send it to the email address of the AdCom or that of the interviewer? Thanks.

I received a terse reply that thanked me for my thank you email. I sent it to the interviewer directly because he gave me his card right at the start of the interview. I honestly think that he would reply to anyone that sends him a thank you email, so it depends on the person. Some interviewers don't reply at all, no matter who they liked during the interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Although the next 2 or so weeks will seem to go by slow, at least we get to experience MIT's new application schedule this year.

Last year, for those of you that might not know, MIT used to have round 1 interviews starting mid to late December to early January with results posted late January. Now that would have been painful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 780 Q48 V50
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
CelerIP wrote:
forestream wrote:

I received a terse reply that thanked me for my thank you email. I sent it to the interviewer directly because he gave me his card right at the start of the interview. I honestly think that he would reply to anyone that sends him a thank you email, so it depends on the person. Some interviewers don't reply at all, no matter who they liked during the interview.

Same here, I received a very short response from the interviewer
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
How did the interview go?

davben wrote:
CelerIP wrote:
Sloan just sent out a "Thank you for interviewing" email to those invited to interview, saying that all decisions will be released online on December 20th after 5 p.m. Seems like they might already completed all the interviews? Is there still anyone waiting to be interviewed?

I'll be interviewing Dec 3rd (virtual interview), I have a feeling I might be one of the last ones so should be a challenge to standout compared to all your other great interviews before me :shock:

Anyway will see what happens :-D

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Hello all. My first post on gmatclub. I have been a regular reader so thanks for the updates.

So, I had my interview with Sloan two weeks ago. I felt it went well (at least I got "me" across) but I'm finding it real hard to focus on other applications whilst I wait for 20/12.

My problem is that I have a stressful job and two small children (born the day I submitted my Sloan app) so it is late at night before I can start on my essays.

It seems a bit crazy that after 18 months of prep (GMAT, research, campus visits) it all comes down to this and I can barely find the energy to write. One of the guides I read said to treat the application process like your finals (once you're in, you're in!) and it certainly feels like that!

I'm sure I am not the only one feeling this way, so I hope my words help some of you feel a little better.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dcr wrote:
Hello all. My first post on gmatclub. I have been a regular reader so thanks for the updates.

So, I had my interview with Sloan two weeks ago. I felt it went well (at least I got "me" across) but I'm finding it real hard to focus on other applications whilst I wait for 20/12.

My problem is that I have a stressful job and two small children (born the day I submitted my Sloan app) so it is late at night before I can start on my essays.

It seems a bit crazy that after 18 months of prep (GMAT, research, campus visits) it all comes down to this and I can barely find the energy to write. One of the guides I read said to treat the application process like your finals (once you're in, you're in!) and it certainly feels like that!

I'm sure I am not the only one feeling this way, so I hope my words help some of you feel a little better.

Congrats on the babies! I completely understand - I thought GMAT was hard, essays were harder, but waiting is truly the hardest part.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
CelerIP wrote:
dcr wrote:

Congrats on the babies! I completely understand - I thought GMAT was hard, essays were harder, but waiting is truly the hardest part.

I couldn't agree more! Alea jacta est...!

Originally posted by Bytran on 05 Dec 2013, 13:27.
Last edited by Bytran on 07 Dec 2013, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Spotlight: Professor Arnold Barnett
One distinguishing factor that sets MIT Sloan apart from other schools is the accessibility of our talented faculty. Back in the day when I was a student at MIT Sloan, one of our favorite professors was Arnold Barnett. He had an incredible talent for making the math core class lively, relevant, and, yes, funny. I’m not the only one who thinks very highly of Arnie –  he has been honored by students with teaching awards thirteen times!

In this video, Arnie looks back on his nearly 40 years at MIT Sloan and talks about his elective “Statistical Consulting.” It is now so popular with MBA, MFin and LGO students that he has expanded it into two sections every spring, and is planning to add another section in the fall. Statistical Consulting is one of around 150 electives taught at MIT Sloan.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I think it's too late for this debrief to help anyone for R1 interviews but I hope it helps R2 applicants!

I had my interview this week and these were the questions asked (what I can remember, anyway):

- Any updates to your application?
- What attracts you to MIT?
- Why did you change jobs from (company x) to (current company)?
- You have an offer from (current company) to return. Do you intend on taking it?
- Tell me of a time you received feedback and how did you respond?
- Tell me of a time when you had to mentor someone.
- Tell me of a time when others disagreed with you / when your opinions were challenged.
- Tell me of a time when you had to work with people not at your intellectual level.

Each of these questions had a series of further questions, which felt very conversational.

My interviewer was very difficult to read. The dialogue was smooth and the 30mins passed very quickly, but I have no idea what he thought of my responses. Our back and forth conversation / my questions about MIT, etc. lasted another 15mins or so, to round out the 45min time slot.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [4]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, General Management
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
Quiet before the storm...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Yes.

I read again the thank you reply from the school and it states that decisions will be communicated through your application login after 5pm EST.

So, this means (a) I have to keep logging in to my account to check the status, i.e. no email notification and (b) it will be very late at night for those of us based in Europe.

All on the last business day before the festive holiday begins. Talk about pressure!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dcr wrote:
Yes.

I read again the thank you reply from the school and it states that decisions will be communicated through your application login after 5pm EST.

So, this means (a) I have to keep logging in to my account to check the status, i.e. no email notification and (b) it will be very late at night for those of us based in Europe.

All on the last business day before the festive holiday begins. Talk about pressure!

Actually, if you are admitted, someone from the admission office might call you before the decision are online. But still, 12/20 feels so far away...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
dcr wrote:
Yes.

I think you get an email notification to log into your account when your status changes.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts