Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 18:53 It is currently 08 May 2024, 18:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
The 100/150/250 character limits for all the application data is making me go crazy!! :x :x
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Singapore Info Session

Great to see a full house at our info session in Singapore on Monday! See where our admissions team is headed next.

Follow us on Instagram with #KelloggOnTheRoad.

Filed under: Admissions Tagged: Info Session, Singapore
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Dean Blount Welcomes New Students

“If we ever stop thinking about the person we want to become, we stop learning and taking risks. These next two years at Kellogg School are critical to the person you want to become.” — Dean Sally Blount ’92

Follow #MyKellogg and #CIM2014 for more on Complete Immersion in Management (CIM) orientation week at Kellogg and to welcome our newest students.

See more photos from CIM week.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Student Life Tagged: cim, orientation, Sally Blount
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Does anybody know how these interviews get scheduled?

In the "Interview" section of the application, you select either "on-campus" or "off-campus". Is that it? Does Kellogg then send you an email to schedule or is there something else I need to do to schedule these interviews? Do I need to submit my application before scheduling this interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
phlaym39 wrote:
Does anybody know how these interviews get scheduled?

In the "Interview" section of the application, you select either "on-campus" or "off-campus". Is that it? Does Kellogg then send you an email to schedule or is there something else I need to do to schedule these interviews? Do I need to submit my application before scheduling this interview?

from what i understand, someone correct me if i'm wrong, is that you need to submit the application for each round first. Then, you are given option to choose on campus or off campus. with on campus, there should be a calender of sorts with slots available. (i didnt apply before so i'm guessing at this last part)

kellogg unlike most schools wants to try to interview everyone prior to handing out decisions so its always to your advantage to submit earlier and try to get a better time slot. its tough for non US applicants like me because i want to schedule my trip to coincide with multiple schools' interview schedule if possible.

hope this helps. cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Am I the only one who cant find a log out link in the Kellogg application?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Yea, I couldn't find one either. I just closed the browser and went to the login page to make sure I was logged out.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: New students meet Kellogg, each other

One of the people in the Jacobs Center on Tuesday morning was a major in the Indian Army.

Another was a regular contributor to South Korean television.

One created a nonprofit that builds and donates customized robotic hands to people with disabilities.

And one played in the Women’s Final Four Championship in 2008.

But whether they came from the military, the private sector, academia or professional European basketball, they all have one thing in common — they’re now part of the Kellogg community.

The jewel of Northwestern
On Tuesday, Complete Immersion in Management (CIM) Week 2014 kicked off, welcoming the incoming class of students to the Kellogg School of Management.

“It really is the jewel of the crown,” said Northwestern University President Morton Schapiro, who is also a professor of strategy at Kellogg. “I say that not just as a faculty member here, but because the Kellogg School of Management is a really iconic brand and it deserves to be.”

Dean Sally Blount ’92 said the new students should look at their education as a chance to grow both personally and professionally. She instructed the students to do this with an eye not solely toward profit, but toward using the power of business to make the world a better place.

“We’re here to make you these growth-minded leaders who can thrive in this era when change just keeps moving faster and faster, and when technology creates new capabilities,” she said. “We’re here to show you how to find new opportunities and not be daunted by it but be energized by it, be psyched by it, by the potential to change the world and how it works.”

Read more about the CIM kickoff on the Kellogg website.

See photos from CIM 2014 on Facebook.

Follow #MyKellogg on Twitter and Instagram.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: #MyKellogg, cim
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Twitter VP, Kellogg Alum shares insights with students

Twitter Vice President of International Operations Shailesh Rao ’99 spoke to the newest class of Kellogg students on Wednesday, Sept. 3, as part of Complete Immersion in Management (CIM) Week. Students tweeted some of Rao’s insights about digital media, possessing a global perspective and choosing your career.

Don’t just do the job you were hired for, do the job that needs to be done – Shailesh Rao, #kelloggschool #cim14

— Katie Richardson (@katiesweetturns) September 3, 2014

“Choose a career at the intersection of what you love, and what you’re good at.” – @ShaileshRao @KelloggSchool #CIM14

— Shani C. Taylor (@shanictaylor) September 3, 2014

“Choose a career at the intersection of what you love, and what you’re good at.” – @ShaileshRao @KelloggSchool #CIM14

— Shani C. Taylor (@shanictaylor) September 3, 2014

View more tweets about Shailesh Rao’s talk on Storify.

See photos from CIM 2014 on Facebook.

Follow #MyKellogg on Twitter and Instagram.

Filed under: Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: cim, digital media, global, Twitter
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
I know the Round 1 deadline for Kellogg is September 24th. Additionally, we have a week after submitting our application to complete the video essay. However, does the video essay also have to be completed before September 24th if we want to be considered in Round 1?
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Round 1 application deadline is two weeks away
This is a friendly reminder that our deadline for Round 1 applications is quickly approaching. To be considered for Round 1, please submit all application materials by 5 p.m. (CT) on Wednesday, Sept. 24.

If you submit your application for Round 1, you will receive your admissions decision on Dec. 17.

If you are unable to make the Round 1 deadline, please remember these dates for Kellogg’s Round 2 and Round 3 deadlines:

ROUND 2

Deadline – Jan. 7, 2015

Decision notification – March 25, 2015

ROUND 3

Deadline – April 1, 2015

Decision notification – May 13, 2015

If you have any questions about Kellogg’s deadlines or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact the Kellogg Admissions team.

Sincerely,

The Kellogg Admissions Team

847.491.3308   |  mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu

Filed under: Admissions Tagged: application, application materials
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
So for essay 1:

Resilience. Perseverance. Grit. Call it what you will... Challenges can build character. Describe a challenging experience you've had. How were you tested? What did you learn? (450 words)

I have drafted a few different essays. The one I like the most is about an event that happened when I was 16 (10 years ago). Do you think it is silly to send something so old? I am wondering if it will make them think I haven't been challenged since lol.

Any one have thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V45
WE:Brand Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
I would pick a challenge from the more recent past (say up to 4 years). Unless, of courses, it was a REALLY significant challenge. (think temporary disabilities, loss of a loved one etc)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Miles2gob4isleep wrote:
I would pick a challenge from the more recent past (say up to 4 years). Unless, of courses, it was a REALLY significant challenge. (think temporary disabilities, loss of a loved one etc)

I wish I didn't agree with you! Dang.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Looking ahead to Women’s Preview Day
One of the most important questions you should ask yourself as you consider specific graduate schools is this: What type of community would I be joining if I choose to attend that school?

Women’s Preview Day is your opportunity to answer that question and experience Kellogg’s vibrant community first–hand.

During the all-day event, prospective students have the opportunity to learn from Kellogg’s premier faculty members during mock classes, participate in a Q&A session with representatives from our Career Management Center, interact with current students and alumni, and learn more about the admissions process.

This year’s Women’s Preview Day will be held on Friday, Oct. 3. The event is co-hosted by the Kellogg Women’s Business Association (WBA), and their motto is simple: Support. Connect. Develop. The group is a great resource for any woman at Kellogg.

Beyond the opportunities presented by the WBA, women at Kellogg enjoy a community that supports their personal and professional growth and goals. If that sounds like a community you want to be a part of, join us for Women’s Preview Day.

Register for Women’s Preview Day.

Request info about Kellogg.

Apply to Kellogg.

Sincerely,

The Kellogg Admissions Team

Filed under: Admissions, Student Life Tagged: Women's Preview Day
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
bml1105 wrote:
I know the Round 1 deadline for Kellogg is September 24th. Additionally, we have a week after submitting our application to complete the video essay. However, does the video essay also have to be completed before September 24th if we want to be considered in Round 1?

I have the same question. I tried researching for an answer everywhere on Kellogg website but couldn't spot anything that specifically addressed whether the deadline for the video essays is the same as for the rest of the application
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Trying to work through the Employer section of the app. Does anyone know if we are supposed to include jobs/internships we had during our undergrad? I'm assuming we are supposed to enter all past jobs here, since it doesn't specify otherwise, but I've seen other apps specify to only include employment experience from "after completing your university studies," so I wanted to check and see what you all think. Thanks in advance!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts