Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 13:25 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 13:25
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
banryoku wrote:
fabiansc wrote:
I think that they see you as a prospect candidate :)
I guess that relatively, Europeans are under-represented there as international students so they want to increase the odds of you joining them.
Plus, if you said you're into finance that's one more plus. I heard that they're looking for candidates who want to go to IB this year.

oh I was taking it as a bad sign, that maybe just with one interview wasn't enough. Thanks for your words then :D

Btw how do you know that Ross is looking for more IB? (if you can share that info of course)

I did the on-campus intervew/team exercise on Feb 6th and flew in a day earlier to hang out with some current students/experience the school culture. In speaking with current students, they especially mentioned that Ross has made a concerted effort to bump up it's finance reputation. Due to a couple good years of recruiting, the big banks are coming back and increasing the number of offers they are giving to Ross students. One first year who had signed an internship offer with JPMorgan said they took 6 IB interns this year, having never taken more than 3. If you're into finance, Ross is becoming a hot spot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
I know a student there that works in the admission office :)
It's true, not only did they show good results in the finance field, it's also a field that graduates earn a lot of benjamins :)
They want it in order to increase further their ranking.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
EntMBA wrote:
It's true, not only did they show good results in the finance field, it's also a field that graduates earn a lot of benjamins :)

Hello, You said you know a student working in the admission office..Do you have any updates on whether there will be more interview invites to be sent to the second round applicants??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
halloanupam wrote:
EntMBA wrote:

Hello, You said you know a student working in the admission office..Do you have any updates on whether there will be more interview invites to be sent to the second round applicants??

In the briefing from adcom they mentioned that applications are up 30% yoy already between first two rounds and due to higher than expected yield in first round, there were less interview slots open for this round. Who knows if this was actually true or just a marketing type statement to make interviewers value Ross more highly but I believe round 2 invites are done.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
AM76N wrote:
halloanupam wrote:
EntMBA wrote:

In the briefing from adcom they mentioned that applications are up 30% yoy already between first two rounds and due to higher than expected yield in first round, there were less interview slots open for this round. Who knows if this was actually true or just a marketing type statement to make interviewers value Ross more highly but I believe round 2 invites are done.

Thanks for reply man..In that case, I am really disappointed because I was counting on Ross. Also, unfortunately there are no updates on my application portal. So this wait is really killing me!!:(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
AM76N wrote:
halloanupam wrote:
EntMBA wrote:

Thanks for that info. Would be good to know if this is going to translate to (a) the same number of R2 invites but more waitlists, or (b) less R2 invites by same number of accepts/waitlists. In other words, is the higher-than-expected yield from R1 going to keep interview % constant (as in (a)), or bring down interview % (as in (b))?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
R1 Deposit deadline isn't until April/May, so they probably won't have a great idea of the yield while going through R2 applications.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Cubsfan87 wrote:
R1 Deposit deadline isn't until April/May, so they probably won't have a great idea of the yield while going through R2 applications.

Thanks. So it sounds like, in fact, the higher-than-expected yield that someone saw at Ross is a case of having 100 matriculating students vs. 80 -- significant shift, but not enough to move the needle.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
just had an Skype with a current European MBA2, member of the European Business Club

One of the topics that we have discussed, is that Ross is shifting its attention from Latin America and Asia towards Europe. In the following years we should see an increase of Michigan's presence in the region, and as a result a higher rate of european students
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
I wonder how they decide on the international students percentage and on how many will be accepted from each country...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Had my interview on-campus yesterday with an mba2, very chill with no curveball questions. The team exercise was ok, I think they were just looking for red flags.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2134 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
banryoku wrote:
just had an Skype with a current European MBA2, member of the European Business Club

One of the topics that we have discussed, is that Ross is shifting its attention from Latin America and Asia towards Europe. In the following years we should see an increase of Michigan's presence in the region, and as a result a higher rate of european students

hi,
please just take it with a grain of salt. I would not wonder if a member of the Asian Business Club tells to perspective Asian applicants that Ross "is shifting its attention" from Latin America and Europe to Asia.

:-D a waitlisted European.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Its really disappointing to know that there is no hope for getting an interview call anymore...
I was really counting on Ross :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
For those folks that have already had their on campus interviews, any advice for how to prepare? Does the interview have a big behavioral focus (i.e. "tell me about a time when...") or does it focus more on why MBA/why Michigan? Any tips or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
helenrez wrote:
For those folks that have already had their on campus interviews, any advice for how to prepare? Does the interview have a big behavioral focus (i.e. "tell me about a time when...") or does it focus more on why MBA/why Michigan? Any tips or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

It was kind of a mix bag for me. One or two questions about how I manage teams, how I've responded to failure, etc. And then of course there were the standard why an MBA/why Ross questions. I don't think it was heavily weighted in one direction or the other. They were really strict about time though (only 30 minutes-no leeway to go over that), so I would suggest being conscious of not rambling too much or over-answering any particular question.

Group exercise was actually pretty chill and informal. I think as long as you don't come off as incredibly socially awkward or overbearing, you're fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hey is anyone here interviewing tomorrow- Feb 21, on campus? I'm getting to Ann Arbor tonight and thought maybe someone would want to grab a beer. PM me if you're interested. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I'm coming! But I won't get in until 10 because of flight delays so I'm going to grab some shut eye. See you tomorrow, though!
SleeplessInNY wrote:
Hey is anyone here interviewing tomorrow- Feb 21, on campus? I'm getting to Ann Arbor tonight and thought maybe someone would want to grab a beer. PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40  ...  58   
Moderators: