Last visit was: 17 May 2024, 19:56 It is currently 17 May 2024, 19:56
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.83
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
yadneo wrote:
Any Indians interviewed for R1 ??!!!

No call for me yet :(

I am in Delhi and i was interviewed last week; alumni interview. The experience was pretty much the same as how others have described theirs. My interviewer made me very comfortable at the start of the interview. Shared a bit about himself, followed it up by discussing about my career. It was very conversational, not at all a grilling session.

Kellogg is known to interview almost everyone. I am sure you would get an invite at some point in time. It still is very early. I doubt if interview invites are sent on the basis of preferences. They are likely sent on the basis of profile matches. Thus, an invite issued closer to the deadline doesn't mean the applicant isn't a preferred candidate. They try and make alumni interview available to all of the international applicants as per the alumni's availability. This must be specifically true for Kellogg, if not for any other b-school. So don't worry! You should get an invite some time!

However, some time in future, Kellogg will certainly cut down on the interview invites, considering that applications to Kellogg have increased rapidly over the last few years and it may become difficult for them to interview all. But that is for some time in future perhaps! Until then, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope to have the waitings short!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone have an idea on the text of the report sent by the interviewer to the school? I mean is it subjective, or objective or detailed or just a recommendation on whether the interviewer recommends the candidate or not?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3629 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
chesterstreet wrote:
Does anyone have an idea on the text of the report sent by the interviewer to the school? I mean is it subjective, or objective or detailed or just a recommendation on whether the interviewer recommends the candidate or not?

I dont believe anyone but an alumnus or an adcome member would have it. But how would this help you ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Kudos
MV23 wrote:
To the people who are interviewing/interviewed on campus,
Do you know beforehand who's going to interview you?
Also, would you know if it's going to be an adcom member or a student?
One final question, Did you get any other email apart from the one that was sent when you selected the time and date?

Hey MV23,
I had my interview last Friday on campus. Since mine is early in the morning, three of us were interviewed by three AOs. I'm not sure about other time.
I just got one remind email one day before interview. Take one cope resume with you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
How can we send thank you letter to AO who interviewed you. I just know her first name. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
chesterstreet wrote:

I dont believe anyone but an alumnus or an adcome member would have it. But how would this help you ?

It helps me imagine!

No i mean gives one an idea on the parameters he has judged you on. Of course there are these questions which he has asked, but i am sure there's more to just the answers to those questions. But yes, you are absolutely right. There may be no way of knowing that bit of information. Plus, we wudn't know on what basis is the final decision taken? What is the weightage accorded to the interview, so on and so forth. In short, patience until 16/12!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Previewing Kellogg’s 2015 BMA Conference
As the lines between business sectors become more blurred, teams become more multi-disciplinary and innovation becomes more paramount, the demand to take risks, chart new territory and face unexpected challenges continues to rise. Consequently, there is a great need for leaders who are unafraid to deviate from the mainstream, challenge the norm and exhibit resilience in the midst of hardship.

This is courageous leadership.

This is disrupting the status quo.

Given this trajectory of the business landscape, the 2015 Black Management Association Conferencewill highlight individuals who have led courageously and found both personal and professional success in disrupting the status quo.

This year’s conference will take place on Friday, Oct. 24, at Kellogg’s James L. Allen Center on Northwestern University’s Evanston campus.

Register now

The conference will feature a keynote address from Amy Hilliard, who joined Johnson Publishing Company as President of Fashion Fair Cosmetics in February 2014. Fashion Fair is the largest Black-owned cosmetics company in the world. Prior to her current role, Hilliard was Founder/CEO of Chicago’s ComfortCake® Company. Launched in 2001, customers have included the Chicago Public Schools, Walmart, Jewel, Safeway, Nordstrom’s, United Airlines and Home Shopping Network.

An avid community volunteer, Ms. Hilliard was selected for the Urban League’s nextONE Program and The Clinton Foundation’s Entrepreneurship Mentor Program. She is the author of “TAP INTO YOUR JUICE — Find Your Gifts, Lose Your Fears and Build Your Dreams” – a motivational book endorsed by First Lady Michelle Obama.

The conference will also feature a chat with Martin Nesbitt, co-CEO of The Vistria Group, a Chicago-based investment company focused on the education, healthcare and financial services industries. Prior to co-founding Vistria, Nesbitt served as CEO of The Parking Spot, an owner and operator of off-airport parking facilities. He previously was an officer of the Pritzker Realty Group and an investment manager at LaSalle Partners.

Nesbitt is a Trustee of Chicago’s Museum of Contemporary Art and serves as Chairman of the Barack Obama Foundation. He is former Chairman of the Board of the Chicago Housing Authority and a former board member of the Chicago 2016 Olympic Committee. He also served as treasurer of President Barack Obama’s 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns.

Additionally, the panel will feature three separate panel discussions:

• YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS: The level of dynamism, passion, and creativity that lies within an entrepreneur is not only admirable but can also be incredibly inspiring, especially when those entrepreneurs are our peers who courageously bring new ideas to fruition and chart new territory. This panel will explore this enterprising path, offering insight and advice on what it means to be a young entrepreneur.
  • FROM ENTRY TO EXECUTIVE: In this discussion, we will engage successful professionals to gain a practical understanding of how to courageously navigate and master career paths toward executive-level roles.
  • CUT FROM A DIFFERENT CLOTH: Whether it’s an entry-level position, an entrepreneurial venture or an executive role, it can be difficult to set yourself apart from your peers and as a professional. Understanding that there is no “one size fits all” career path, this panel will feature individuals from various backgrounds who have diverted from the status quo, pursuing unique paths and initiatives to set themselves apart to achieve success.
In the lead up to this year’s conference, the Kellogg BMA student leadership team asked fellow Kellogg students what they think disrupting the status quo means, how they have led courageously and what they are looking forward to most about the conference. See some of their answers below, and find more on the Kellogg BMA Conference Facebook page.

Filed under: Uncategorized
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GRE 1: Q163 V156
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
chesterstreet wrote:

There really isn't very much info online pertaining to what is contained in the alumni reports. I would bet that there is a confidentiality clause that the interviewers must abide by so as not to skew future interviewee's behavior. I imagine the interviewer's feedback is like a trustworthy letter of rec, which might include some subjective info, plus maybe a handful of 1-10 rankings, giving an overall objective flavor.

I could be way off on the particulars of my speculation, but that kind of evaluation seems like it would help round out the other info submitted with the Kellogg app.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
woshichailin wrote:
How can we send thank you letter to AO who interviewed you. I just know her first name. Thanks!

Kellogg student directory is password protected so there is no way to look up the information. How about mailing the adcoms to see if they can provide you that information. Be honest as to why you need that information. If not, try linkedin with the first name you know and 'kellogg'. You might be lucky but before you use linkedin make sure to change your display settings to anonymous. This way your interviewer wont know it was you snooping around.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
chesterstreet wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
chesterstreet wrote:

It helps me imagine!

No i mean gives one an idea on the parameters he has judged you on. Of course there are these questions which he has asked, but i am sure there's more to just the answers to those questions. But yes, you are absolutely right. There may be no way of knowing that bit of information. Plus, we wudn't know on what basis is the final decision taken? What is the weightage accorded to the interview, so on and so forth. In short, patience until 16/12!

That is understandable but why do you want to tense yourself by calculating all the posisble weights assigned to different components of your profile? You gave it your best shot. Sit back and relax now. Wait for Dec 16th to know the final decision. There is nothing more that you can do.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ichbinklug2003 wrote:
chesterstreet wrote:

There really isn't very much info online pertaining to what is contained in the alumni reports. I would bet that there is a confidentiality clause that the interviewers must abide by so as not to skew future interviewee's behavior. I imagine the interviewer's feedback is like a trustworthy letter of rec, which might include some subjective info, plus maybe a handful of 1-10 rankings, giving an overall objective flavor.

I could be way off on the particulars of my speculation, but that kind of evaluation seems like it would help round out the other info submitted with the Kellogg app.

Ya....makes sense...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [3]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
woshichailin wrote:

Hey! In a similar situation I wrote to admissions e-mail and asked them to provide me with the name of AO who interviewed me in order to write a thank you letter, I indicated my name and time of the interview. They responded with her name and contact options.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Any applicants who chose Bangalore, India as their location and have received an invite? Thanks
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Faculty podcast: The power of persuasive storytelling

From Kellogg Insight

The art of storytelling may conjure up images of telling tall tales around a campfire or artsy live lit events. But storytelling is also a key business skill worth cultivating. It can serve as an essential tool for closing a deal, impressing your boss or making your brand more relatable to consumers.

Stories let you connect with your audience on an emotional level. They help you convey key information in a way that will be remembered and help you persuade your audience to take action. This holds true for both spoken and written stories as well as the stories you want to tell with data.

In this month’s Insight in Person podcast, you’ll hear from two Kellogg professors and a lecturer about the power of storytelling, as well as their tips to become a better storyteller.

Listen to this month’s faculty podcast

Kellogg Insight is an online publication where faculty bring their latest research and expertise to you in an accessible, engaging format. Kellogg Insight provides ambitious business leaders with the research and expertise needed to drive growth.

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Career Tagged: faculty podcast, podcast, storytelling, thought leadership
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any call for Indian applicants in Mumbai?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
Since majority of the scholarships are merit based, what are the chances of securing one if your GMAT score is below average? Not much below average about 10-15 points.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mbaonmymind wrote:
Any applicants who chose Bangalore, India as their location and have received an invite? Thanks

I chose Bangalore, India as my location and got a skype interview invite - but I'm not an Indian national, so I guess that changes the equation
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts