Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 17:57 It is currently 06 May 2024, 17:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Any MBA/MPH candidates invited to interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Mattyboyywonder wrote:
smd2016 wrote:
Is it just me or does Haas seem to be rolling out interview invitation more slowly than other schools? Does Haas admit a high percentage of those interviewed? That could account for relatively low number getting invites.

Haas is 50/50 historically with an interview and is naturally going to have fewer invites due to the really small class size so the limited activity does make sense.

Yeah I can see that. Does anyone who has interviewed know if your online application status changes in any way? Mine still says I'll be notified at the decision deadline. I keep checking it in case I miss an interview email, but I'm not sure an invitation to interview is reflected on the application status.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
smd2016 wrote:
Mattyboyywonder wrote:
smd2016 wrote:
Is it just me or does Haas seem to be rolling out interview invitation more slowly than other schools? Does Haas admit a high percentage of those interviewed? That could account for relatively low number getting invites.

Haas is 50/50 historically with an interview and is naturally going to have fewer invites due to the really small class size so the limited activity does make sense.

Yeah I can see that. Does anyone who has interviewed know if your online application status changes in any way? Mine still says I'll be notified at the decision deadline. I keep checking it in case I miss an interview email, but I'm not sure an invitation to interview is reflected on the application status.

The application status changes to "Interview and Review" once you receive an invite.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Awesome, thanks for that detail.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Since the ewmba thread isn't getting many looks, wondering if this thread can help shed some light on this. How hard is the 250 word count limit? From that 2013 chat transcript, it seems as though they do allow some overage within reason. However, how can you tell what's "reasonable"? 20-30 words over? 40?

250 is fairly short, so just wondering if it's an automatic DQ if you're 40 words over or something.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
surfhappens wrote:
Since the ewmba thread isn't getting many looks, wondering if this thread can help shed some light on this. How hard is the 250 word count limit? From that 2013 chat transcript, it seems as though they do allow some overage within reason. However, how can you tell what's "reasonable"? 20-30 words over? 40?

250 is fairly short, so just wondering if it's an automatic DQ if you're 40 words over or something.

No.. it's not an automatic DQ. Infact if you are 40 words off as per MS word, the count will be even larger in the Haas system. It takes apostrophee and hyphenated words as two separate words.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
etch1516 wrote:
surfhappens wrote:

No.. it's not an automatic DQ. Infact if you are 40 words off as per MS word, the count will be even larger in the Haas system. It takes apostrophee and hyphenated words as two separate words.

Yeah! That was a bummer, I had to edit my essays to fit in that word count.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.83
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
any international invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
gn1 wrote:
any international invites?

Someone from Brazil got one I guess..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
I have to say Haas has one of the most outdated application system among all the schools I applied. One link for each section, text fields for extra curricular, misaligned boxes, and weird application proof page...

They should upgrade their app system or just have those standardize ones like other schools...

Originally posted by Malluce on 09 Nov 2015, 10:19.
Last edited by Malluce on 14 Dec 2015, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Berkeley MBA Studies Help Military Servicemembers Take Flight
Teamwork and leadership skills become second nature when you serve in the military. How to use a spreadsheet or a financial model . . . not so much. That’s why Kelly Deutermann and Mike Christman—who happened to meet first in flight school—consider it a good career transition point.

Here’s what these Berkeley MBA students had to say about why they chose business school, where their careers are headed, and why they recommend it to other vets.

Kelly Deutermann

Her military career:
Kelly remains an active duty member of the U.S. Coast Guard as a maritime search and rescue pilot. Before starting her studies, she was posted in Humboldt Bay, California and earlier in Miami, Florida. In both postings her duties also encompassed law enforcement, notably drug smuggling and migration.

Her decision to go to Haas: “When I was researching programs, I got the strong impression that, as an institution, Haas really knows who it is, what it values, and how it wants to serve the community.  The school’s sense of self meshed beautifully with mine.”

Her future: “The Coast Guard is sponsoring my studies, so I’ll continue in the service. My next posting will be in a new arena, one that takes advantage of my new skills in financial analysis. I’ll be in Washington, DC, helping to craft the Coast Guard’s budget. Knowing what comes next gives me even more freedom to explore the opportunities business school offers without the pressure of looking for a job.”

She recommends business school to other vets because: “I’ve seen too many senior officers leave the military only to feel lost in the civilian world. I think of business school as a professional incubator. It gives you two years to explore your options and try new things while you’re learning a whole new skill set. This is a no-threat environment to test your wings.”

Mike Christman

His military career:
During his nine years in the US Marine Corps, Mike flew more than 300 combat hours as an attack helicopter pilot in Afghanistan. He also organized and led the grassroots “Combat iPad” effort to bring that technology into the cockpit.

His decision to go to Haas: “I was struck by how closely aligned the Haas Defining Principlesare to the values that guide the military services. The idea that the school and its students are here to serve others resonated with me. Berkeley-Haas attracts the kind of people who wants to do things bigger than themselves. Plus, the vets’ community here is super tight.”

His future: “My academic background is in engineering. The technical problems we faced in the Combat iPad project were easy compared to getting people organized. During my internship at Apple last summer, I learned that herding cats is the essence of product management. I don’t know yet where I’ll end up, but it’s likely to be something more related to motivating people than analyzing data.”

He recommends an MBA to other vets because: The full-time MBA program gives you two years to try things and make mistakes without consequences. You learn a whole new language of business—one that doesn’t include the f-word as much as you’re used to. The skills and knowledge you gain will set you apart from other returning veterans, and you leave with an entirely new network to rely on.”

Interested in two years of exploring options and building new skills? Learn more about the Full-time Berkeley MBA Program.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Interview invite! Located in Oregon
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
CircusNerd wrote:

Congrats!

Are you by chance the MBA livewire addition? Same stats, but it reads TX.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Kudos
TheLostOne wrote:
CircusNerd wrote:

Congrats!

Are you by chance the MBA livewire addition? Same stats, but it reads TX.

Hah! I did add to livewire, but no idea how TX snuck in there. Weird.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Seems like interviews are coming slower this year, or is gmatclub just not as active this year as last?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Other, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
Just checked my Berkeley account to find that my status has changed to "Interview and Review". I suggest checking your account for the same.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
ninafromboston wrote:
Just checked my Berkeley account to find that my status has changed to "Interview and Review". I suggest checking your account for the same.

Congrats! Did you receive an email from haas for an interview as well?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts