Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 06:35 It is currently 23 May 2024, 06:35
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: DeGroote (McMaster) Class of 2018 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
sandeepch wrote:
Hi,

i have submitted my application for DeGroote, how long will they take to schedule the interview and what are the next steps i should be aware of the application process. can someone throw some light.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Hi Sandeep, it could take a while. After I sent in the application, it took them about a month to invite me for n interview. Also, by this time they changed the interview format a bit. I had a video interview using Kira Talent app which basically presented me with recorded questions and I was given 30 seconds to think and 90 seconds to answer. If you apply for the Co-op you will get called for a longer Skype interview after this.

Rohit
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
Send PM
sandeepch wrote:
Hi,

i have submitted my application for DeGroote, how long will they take to schedule the interview and what are the next steps i should be aware of the application process. can someone throw some light.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Hi Sandeep, it could take a while. After I sent in the application, it took them about a month to invite me for n interview. Also, by this time they changed the interview format a bit. I had a video interview using Kira Talent app which basically presented me with recorded questions and I was given 30 seconds to think and 90 seconds to answer. If you apply for the Co-op you will get called for a longer Skype interview after this.

Rohit

thanks Rohit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Hi,

Do you mean for FT mba the video interview using Kira Talent app was the final interview ? (assuming one gets selected )

Regards
Manish

indierohit wrote:
sandeepch wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Sandeep

Rohit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
manishbhusal wrote:
Hi,

Do you mean for FT mba the video interview using Kira Talent app was the final interview ? (assuming one gets selected )

Regards
Manish

indierohit wrote:
sandeepch wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Sandeep

Rohit

I would be surprised if that is the case. I think it is an extra layer, as has been the case with the other b-schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Vijay,

I have now been invited to the o-op interview directly. I guess there will be a separate interview for Full time applicants.
The format for the Skype Co-op Admission Interview will be as follows:

1. Question and Answer Session (10 minutes) – Opportunity to ask questions about the MBA Co-op program
2. Activity (20 minutes) – Interactive activity to be performed by applicant on day of interview (additional information will be provided during the interview)

3. Individual Behaviour Based Interview (60 minutes) – Candidates will be scored on their responses to a series of questions. Candidates are strongly advised to research and prepare for the method of questioning in a behaviour based interview.

* For the Skype interview to successfully meet the Co-op admission process requirements, the following criteria must be met:

• A continuous visual picture/stream of the candidate throughout the interview, as well as a strong audio connection.

• Email account access during the interview (as this is the medium through which the activity will be sent).

Was the format the same when you had received an invite? Really need to do well now that I got my Rotman rejection yesterday :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Hi Vijay,

Even i am surprised. Going by this - https://mbarecruit.degroote.mcmaster.ca/ ... you-apply/

It might be possible that they have changed things slightly because there is no mention of one to one interview for FT MBA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
manishbhusal wrote:
Hi Vijay,

Even i am surprised. Going by this - https://mbarecruit.degroote.mcmaster.ca/ ... you-apply/

It might be possible that they have changed things slightly because there is no mention of one to one interview for FT MBA.

Correct Manish. They have changed it. As per my understanding, now that I have been invited to the Co-op interview, even if I don't clear it, i will be offered an admit for the FT MBA? correct?

What's your status manish? Have you applied for the Co-op? Interview invite received?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
indierohit wrote:
Hi Vijay,

I have now been invited to the o-op interview directly. I guess there will be a separate interview for Full time applicants.
The format for the Skype Co-op Admission Interview will be as follows:

1. Question and Answer Session (10 minutes) – Opportunity to ask questions about the MBA Co-op program
2. Activity (20 minutes) – Interactive activity to be performed by applicant on day of interview (additional information will be provided during the interview)

3. Individual Behaviour Based Interview (60 minutes) – Candidates will be scored on their responses to a series of questions. Candidates are strongly advised to research and prepare for the method of questioning in a behaviour based interview.

* For the Skype interview to successfully meet the Co-op admission process requirements, the following criteria must be met:

• A continuous visual picture/stream of the candidate throughout the interview, as well as a strong audio connection.

• Email account access during the interview (as this is the medium through which the activity will be sent).

Was the format the same when you had received an invite? Really need to do well now that I got my Rotman rejection yesterday :(

Hey Rohit, sorry about the Rotman decision buddy. The format of the Co-Op interview seems to be the same Rohit and has not changed. Would be best to give it a week before your interview to help you prepare. If you need help on anything that I can help with, please let me know. Hope you are not dwelling on the results of Sauder and Rotman, it won't help.
All the very best buddy.

Warm Regards,
Vijay G
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
manishbhusal wrote:
Hi Vijay,

Yes Manish, seems to have been changed as effective on 1st of Feb. It's a shame they are changing these half way through the admissions cycle. The round of interview that I had with the adcom member has been replaced with a video interview. I presume, they're still going to ask the same questions as weirdly it has the 1 written component as did the face to face interview.
All the best to you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
indierohit wrote:
manishbhusal wrote:
Hi Vijay,

Correct Manish. They have changed it. As per my understanding, now that I have been invited to the Co-op interview, even if I don't clear it, i will be offered an admit for the FT MBA? correct?

What's your status manish? Have you applied for the Co-op? Interview invite received?

Yes, Rohit, atleast that's what the link says. If you do not clear Co-Op but still quality enough for a FT, yes, you'll be offered a place in their FT program. There is also a waitlist which means it is not that anyone and everyone who attends a Co-Op interview and does not clear it will be given a place in the FT program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 325
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GPA: 3.25
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hey Guys, Got a video interview invite today. The mail also states that i can access unlimited practice questions. Need to check this questions. Any suggestions friends..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools: DeGroote (A)
Send PM
Hey guys,

I have been Reading in this forum for some time now. I actually just registered into this page, just to participate somehow. I appreciate Vijay and indierohit for all of your feedback regarding your applications process into DeGroote.

Hey goldfinchmonster is it possible to share some of the practice questions with us. It will be nice to know somehow the kind of questions DeGroote asks for in the Applicant video interview.

I’m assuming that DeGroote is trying to replicate Rotman and Kellogg Video Essays, if it’s true maybe the following podcast and YouTube tips might be helpful:

Tips for video mba essay questions - Blog Accepted
Mba video essays a conversation with rotmans niki dasilva - Blog Accepted
How to ace your MBA video essay - YouTube
How to Answer the Kellogg Video Essay - YouTube

(I can't post urls yet :?)

However I got a question, if I start applying know do I have a limited time to complete the applicant video interview? What I mean is: do they expect me to complete the video interview in the next following hours right after I pay my application fee, or do I have a week or two to complete the video interview. I’m just asking because I was expecting to start tomorrow morning my application, but I might hold out at least for the next week so I can prepare more for my video application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
durahamter wrote:
Hey guys,

I have been Reading in this forum for some time now. I actually just registered into this page, just to participate somehow. I appreciate Vijay and indierohit for all of your feedback regarding your applications process into DeGroote.

Hey goldfinchmonster is it possible to share some of the practice questions with us. It will be nice to know somehow the kind of questions DeGroote asks for in the Applicant video interview.

I’m assuming that DeGroote is trying to replicate Rotman and Kellogg Video Essays, if it’s true maybe the following podcast and YouTube tips might be helpful:

Tips for video mba essay questions - Blog Accepted
Mba video essays a conversation with rotmans niki dasilva - Blog Accepted
How to ace your MBA video essay - YouTube
How to Answer the Kellogg Video Essay - YouTube

(I can't post urls yet :?)

However I got a question, if I start applying know do I have a limited time to complete the applicant video interview? What I mean is: do they expect me to complete the video interview in the next following hours right after I pay my application fee, or do I have a week or two to complete the video interview. I’m just asking because I was expecting to start tomorrow morning my application, but I might hold out at least for the next week so I can prepare more for my video application.

Hi Durahamter, I haven't yet viewed the practice questions. Once i do it, i'll post those questions. And i did't understand your query. The process is simple, once you submit your application within a week you will receive a mail stating the invitation for video interview. And post receiving this mail you have 7 - 10 days to answer the questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Friends,

I got admission offer yesterday night with $ 2000 scholarship. Any body has salary statics after MBA. I am not able to find any thing regarding after MBA salary details...

Any one has query regarding application, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Jay
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jaymodi147 wrote:
Hi Friends,

I got admission offer yesterday night with $ 2000 scholarship. Any body has salary statics after MBA. I am not able to find any thing regarding after MBA salary details...

Any one has query regarding application, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Jay

Hey Jay,

Congratulations ..... :-D Can you share your profile here, so that we can also understand what DeGroot is looking at. And how was your Interview, How long and can you describe what kind of questions were being asked..? And lastly any suggestions.

By the way you got into FT or Co-op..?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

Thanks Vijay for all your help and your kind words :) Rotman and Sauder are a thing of the past now!

Hi goldfinchmonster & durahamter, I'd suggest you finish the application and pay the fee. After you submit it, is when the video interview invite comes, you will have ample time to practice before you appear for the interview. These are prerecorded questions and your responses are saved for the admissions team to review. Once you practice you will get a better idea.

Congrats jaymodi147. Did you apply for the Co-op or FT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi All,

Below is my profile.

1. B.E. in EC with First class
2. GMAT 580
3. Work Ex- 8.5 years as manager in telecom MNC

Regarding interview-- There is 3 video questions and 1 written question.
1) share your past exp regarding team motivation
2) Any charity work
3) any critical project you handle.

In Written part there is question related to how you prioritize your work. there is 2 to 3 options and we have to answer our question in 5 min.

Be cool in your video interview. I practiced around a week on different type of behavior questions.Must practice on Degroote Mock test platform.

I applied for FT as I have 8.5 years of work ex.

I submitted my video essay on 20th Feb and got admission letter on 25th Feb.

Any group created for Degroote on facebook

Regards,
Jay
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts