Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 11:27 It is currently 15 May 2024, 11:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.97
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
ctpfeifer wrote:
One week! In Round 1 and EA they didn't notify anyone before deadline day so we can assume next Tuesday is the day.

Trying not to think about it is like not thinking about a pink elephant.

I also checked last year for R2, and I think they all came out on the actual day then as well.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
nmills wrote:
Hello!

I have my interview next week with Duke. I live in Israel (originally from USA) and will be interviewing with an alumni.

I have a 710 GMAT, 3.57 GPA, and <1 WE. My experience is definitely my weakest application aspect, I am 22 years old. I do make up for this with a plethora of business and international leadership experience though.

Any definite tips for my interview?

I know this advice is a little late for your interview, but maybe it would benefit others.

I would tackle the perceived weakness head on. In this case, <1 WE. Know why this is a weakness, and work it in your pitch. For example, I have 1 year work experience at matriculation, but in school I interned at XXX company which allowed me to learn about XXX, XXX, and XXX. My post-MBA goal is XXX. While 1 year experience is on the lower end of the experience spectrum for XXX, I talked with people with similar WE who successfully transitioned to XXX. I plan to do XXX and XXX while at Fuqua to overcome my lack of WE.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Congrats all who had their interviews. 6 more days....
I had my interview at the campus on 19th Feb. How you manage the wait? Have you been sending any additional information to the admissions?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Drilling wrote:
Congrats all who had their interviews. 6 more days....
I had my interview at the campus on 19th Feb. How you manage the wait? Have you been sending any additional information to the admissions?

Trying to keep busy with work... what a change from being so focused on b-school apps in the fall! :P

I haven't sent anything additional to the committee, have others? I was under the impression that that should be reserved for major changes to your profile since the application as submitted--finished an alternative transcript course, retook GMAT, raise and/or promotion at work.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Interview Invite to Duke / Fuqua via n/a.
Round: Round 2
Note: All Domestic Applicants for Fuqua with Interview Invites, Do you see the FAFSA form as incomplete item in SISS? Possible Smoking Gun?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
harcharan wrote:
Note: All Domestic Applicants for Fuqua with Interview Invites, Do you see the FAFSA form as incomplete item in SISS? Possible Smoking Gun?

I dont see that. Where is it listed?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.58
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
harcharan wrote:

If it is... my gun is not smoking. Do you see it under the Financial Aid tab?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Send PM
harcharan wrote:

I see it as well. Trying not to read into it, but hard not to...Maybe a R1 application could provide some insight?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In my application I mentioned that I wanted to be considered for financial aid. I interviewed and see nothing in the financial aid to-do. I am domestic... I feel like this will equal to ding/waitlist
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I don't have it. I must have been dinged. Good luck, everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I interviewed. I already filled out the FAFSA. Nothing on SISS about it. If this is a smoking gun, I guess it wouldn't affect me would it?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Best of luck everyone before decision date!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
I see the FAFSA To-Do item listed as well. I don't think it means much, but I guess we'll know for sure this Tuesday. Good luck to you guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
Any chance of results getting released later today? Last year - R2 got released a day before.

calling-all-duke-fuqua-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-173112-1100.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I doubt the FAFSA form is any tell at all. Similar to the GMAT, you can send it to as many schools as you want--even those you don't submit applications. Yet unlike GMAT, they aren't required components of applications.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fadedglory wrote:
Any chance of results getting released later today? Last year - R2 got released a day before.

calling-all-duke-fuqua-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-173112-1100.html

Maybe--good catch from last year! Just saw on LiveWire that someone from Japan got in off the R1 waitlist.

It would make sense they start in East Asia, but perhaps they're just being courteous in letting the WL'ers know about their decision to ease the stress just a bit for that group who have gone through this once before.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
While the FAFSA form could potentially be a smoking gun, I have a hard time believing Fuqua would be that careless. Of course, I don't have that form on my to-do list so I'm searching for rationalization that I'm still in the hunt.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  46   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts