Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 20:30 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 20:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q37 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q37 V40
Send PM
Re: DeGroote (McMaster) Class of 2018 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Ah ok. Sounds great, I've called them before and anyone at reception will be able to help with the address.

Btw, when did you submit your application? I submitted mine just a few days back so wanted to know how long they might take.

Cheers and best of luck with the interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Schools: DeGroote (A)
Send PM
Kudos
I just come up to see this thread once more, I think that something is wrong with my notification system because I thought nobody has replied so far. I guess I was wrong. . I will try to check this forum out at least once per day.

Thank you goldfinchmonster and indierohit for your quick reply, sorry I took so long in replying back. I already started my application at March 7th, I got the invitation for the video interview (3 questions and 1 writing essay) last Friday March 11th.

I think I will be doing the video interview this weekend, I kind of suspect that most of the questions are related to behavioural questions. Goldfinchmonster were your questions in the video interview the same or in line with the ones that were mention in this forum or the questions were totally different.

Let’s see if I can attached a pdf document that contains several behavioural questions that might help others for questions that you might find in the video interview.

Congrats Jay, Manish and Rocky for your acceptance towards the MBA program.

Hello arsharvin, initially you can send through email your university transcripts and degree at mbaadmissions@mcmaster.ca. But once you have an acceptance letter, I’m guessing that you need to send physically all of your documents at the address that it’s posted above.
Attachments

behavioralquestions.pdf [76.96 KiB]
Downloaded 740 times

Intern
Intern
Send PM
durahamter wrote:
I just come up to see this thread once more, I think that something is wrong with my notification system because I thought nobody has replied so far. I guess I was wrong. . I will try to check this forum out at least once per day.

Thank you goldfinchmonster and indierohit for your quick reply, sorry I took so long in replying back. I already started my application at March 7th, I got the invitation for the video interview (3 questions and 1 writing essay) last Friday March 11th.

I think I will be doing the video interview this weekend, I kind of suspect that most of the questions are related to behavioural questions. Goldfinchmonster were your questions in the video interview the same or in line with the ones that were mention in this forum or the questions were totally different.

Let’s see if I can attached a pdf document that contains several behavioural questions that might help others for questions that you might find in the video interview.

Congrats Jay, Manish and Rocky for your acceptance towards the MBA program.

Hello arsharvin, initially you can send through email your university transcripts and degree at mbaadmissions@mcmaster.ca. But once you have an acceptance letter, I’m guessing that you need to send physically all of your documents at the address that it’s posted above.

Hello Round2fight, I had submitted mine on Feb 20 and I got the Application Received mail on March 3rd. I got a mail inviting me to the Interview on Feb 25, but i was occupied with work, so i took the Interview on March 10.

Hi durahamter, I'm done with interview on March 10, Yes most of the questions were behavioural interview questions.
Regarding the transcripts, I have already uploaded a scanned pdf copy in Mosaic. They consider this as the Unofficial Transcripts. They have asked me the Official transcripts, which means I will have to send over the transcripts. Unless Official transcripts mean anything else... :)

I just heard back on my mail. So i did not call them. Btw has anybody who has not got a admit, but done with the application, received request for Official Transcripts? goldfinchmonster..

Btw the address to send the Transripts is:

MBA Admissions
Student Experience – Academic
DeGroote School of Business
Ron Joyce Centre
4350 South Service Road
Burlington, ON L7L 5R8
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I was asked prior to my video interview to send the official transcripts. I sent it on 17th Feb. Got interview email on 25th. Gave the interview on 10th March. Now waiting to hear back.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
parthm92 wrote:
I was asked prior to my video interview to send the official transcripts. I sent it on 17th Feb. Got interview email on 25th. Gave the interview on 10th March. Now waiting to hear back.

Thank you parthm92. So Degroote does ask you to send Official transcripts beforehand.

I was under the impression that they require a soft copy and would request a hard copy/Official upon confirmation of admission.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys. ADMITTED!!
No mention of scholarship though. People who got the offer letter, wanted to know if you got any scholarships?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
parthm92 wrote:
Hi guys. ADMITTED!!
No mention of scholarship though. People who got the offer letter, wanted to know if you got any scholarships?

Congrats parthm92. I'm guessing you applied to the Full Time program and not the Co-op?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arsharvin wrote:
parthm92 wrote:
Hi guys. ADMITTED!!

Congrats parthm92. I'm guessing you applied to the Full Time program and not the Co-op?

Thats correct @arshavin. U have an admit too?

Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat or FB group for the admitted students? Kindly let me know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
parthm92 wrote:
arsharvin wrote:
parthm92 wrote:
Hi guys. ADMITTED!!

Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat or FB group for the admitted students? Kindly let me know.

I just gave my interview a couple of days ago. Waiting for the results. But i have applied for a Co-Op MBA.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey Guys,

So I received an invite for Co-op interview today. Please share your experiences of this interview and what questions can I expect.
What is a behavioural interview btw?

Also, how should I send my confirmation for this interview? The mail just states a telephone number. Am I supposed to call and confirm my slot?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Hi parthm92,

Congrats for the admit !! If you get to know about https://gmatclub.com/chat or fb group, please inform me also.

Regards
Manish

parthm92 wrote:
arsharvin wrote:
parthm92 wrote:
Hi guys. ADMITTED!!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Ah thank you for clearing me up arsharvin. I’ve send my transcripts the same day I completed my application, and DeGroote haven’t ask for my hard copies so far. However, I think it is a good sign if they are asking for your hardcopies to be honest. I hope you get a date for your second interview soon for the Co-Op.

Hello MarketingBrain, you can use the list of questions that I attached above for your preparation of the interview. The questions are mostly about past experiences like:
1. Share your experience when you had a critical assignment and what you achieve from it.
2. Have you ever had a problem with a co-worker, how you deal with that problem?
3. Tell me about a time when others within your organization depended on you.

I haven’t done that interview, but from previous comments I have heard that the interview can be quite long, so be sure to have a glass of water and to sit down on a very comfortable chair. Be prepared to ask a few questions to the interviewer as well (try to be questions that you won’t find by reading in the McMaster website or an MBA DeGroote Brochure).

Of course the list of questions attached above can give you an idea of what kind of questions you can be expected to find during the interview, but I can’t guarantee that it will always be like that. There is a possibility that the interviewer will do something totally different.

Sorry for hitting the dead horse again, but I was practicing a few questions for the video interview from the Kira App. I found that most practice questions have nothing to do of what people were posting in this thread, questions such as:
1. If you can have a superpower what would it be and why?
2. What is your favorite movie and why?
3. What is your favorite home dish and why?

Did I misread something? Are these are the type of questions I would expect for the video interview? I was actually kind of preparing for questions more related with my previous experience at work and group management.

Congrats parthm92 it’s good to hear of the success of another candidate

Either way cheers to all of you guys
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
indierohit wrote:
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Anyone done with the Co-op interview? :?: I have mine scheduled tomorrow. :shock:

Would really appreciate if someone shared there experience as well as pointers. :-D

Hi Ashish,

How was your interview? Please share your experiences.

Hi indierohit,

In short the interview was LONG !
It was as per the document the university sends.

3 parts ->

1) This round is where we get a chance to ask the interviewer questions about the COOP program and/or the university. Try and ask questions which showcase that you've researched about the program/school.

2) This round has the activity. In short - You get a doc mailed to you. I got 2-3 positions (assuming i got into the COOP and applying for the 1st Wort term) out of which i had to choose one and basically sell myself to the HR adcom that why should they hire me.

You get 20 mins to prepare and 2 mins to speak (which is too much if you ask me). After the 20 mins, they start with round 3 and ask you to showcase what you've written AFTER that

3) This is a behavioral interview round. I was bombarded with situations (Give me an example of a situation where you showcased leadership etc.)
You might get 1-2 business acumen questions - so be prepared !

After the third round - you're supposed to sell yourself to the role.

This was my interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
goldfinchmonster wrote:
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Anyone done with the Co-op interview? :?: I have mine scheduled tomorrow. :shock:

Would really appreciate if someone shared there experience as well as pointers. :-D

Hi aashish, how was you interview..?

Hi goldfinchmonster,

In short the interview was LONG ! It was as per the document the university sends.

3 parts ->

1) This round is where we get a chance to ask the interviewer questions about the COOP program and/or the university. Try and ask questions which showcase that you've researched about the program/school.

2) This round has the activity. In short - You get a doc mailed to you. I got 2-3 positions (assuming i got into the COOP and applying for the 1st Wort term) out of which i had to choose one and basically sell myself to the HR adcom that why should they hire me.

You get 20 mins to prepare and 2 mins to speak (which is too much if you ask me). After the 20 mins, they start with round 3 and ask you to showcase what you've written AFTER that

3) This is a behavioral interview round. I was bombarded with situations (Give me an example of a situation where you showcased leadership etc.)
You might get 1-2 business acumen questions - so be prepared !

After the third round - you're supposed to sell yourself to the role.

This was my interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

Just an update from my side.

After completing the Co-op interview, i got an admit for the Traditional MBA (which is there full time MBA)
Also, the offer letter mentions that i have been put in the wait list for the Co-op program. I guess they'll update the applicants with the Co-op result at the end of the month.

They haven't mentioned anything about scholarships right now. I know a guy who got admitted in the last co-op year (2015). He received the same email (traditional before the co-op result). But in his traditional MBA admit , he was explicitly given a 6000 CAD scholarship.

Hoping that the scholarship will be disclosed in the co-op result.

Now the tough bit starts. Have to decide between DeGroote (Traditional / Coop ) MBA and Alberta FT MBA.
I declined the Schulich MBA (89500 CAD is too much !!) :(

Any input guys ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
Hi All,

Just an update from my side.

After completing the Co-op interview, i got an admit for the Traditional MBA (which is there full time MBA)
Also, the offer letter mentions that i have been put in the wait list for the Co-op program. I guess they'll update the applicants with the Co-op result at the end of the month.

They haven't mentioned anything about scholarships right now. I know a guy who got admitted in the last co-op year (2015). He received the same email (traditional before the co-op result). But in his traditional MBA admit , he was explicitly given a 6000 CAD scholarship.

Hoping that the scholarship will be disclosed in the co-op result.

Now the tough bit starts. Have to decide between DeGroote (Traditional / Coop ) MBA and Alberta FT MBA.
I declined the Schulich MBA (89500 CAD is too much !!) :(

Any input guys ?

Hello aashishmalhotra02,

Thank you for your input regarding your co-op interview. I’m quite glad that you got into DeGroote. I wish you the best of luck regarding your future career.

Now deciding between Alberta FT MBA and DeGroote, I guess you know this but you always need to weight the advantages and disadvantages between both programs and your career goals.

I don’t know your situation, but for example if your switching careers and would like to have a career let’s say in Finance, DeGroote is close within the GTA area, which most major banks and investment firms are located, so you need to look into it if you’re interested in Finance.

As I said, it depends what you want to do in life, are you an International student and would love to stay, work and live in Canada, Ontario immigration programs are somewhat better than Alberta to be honest.

You are just looking for a midsize city and would love to have greater chances to work with the energy and oil industry, Edmonton might be the answer.

Honestly choosing between these two programs is down to what you expect for the following years. Both universities are very good and well known in their respective provinces. However if you ask me, I tend to opt for DeGroote.

Hamilton is located what Canadians call the Golden Horseshoe, spamming from the Niagara Region up to Peterborough in the northeast, at least a quarter of Canada’s population lives in this region.

Hamilton is known for its steel industry, Niagara region for its tourism, ecological industry and world renown wineries, Oshawa, Oakville, Whitby and Kitchener all contain major large scale industrial production industries. IT, health care, research and finance is providing for the major industries growth in Toronto. The suburban cities of Brampton, Markham and Mississauga are emerging as technology hubs. I can resume it like this, McMaster is located in an area where great part of the Canadian economy develops, and be sure that several case studies and exposure will be within this region.

Alberta major boom and growth was due to high oil prices, as we all know, oil prices have greatly affected the economy in Alberta and Canada as general. Is it possible that this will forced Edmonton and Calgary to develop and diversify in other type of industries. Alberta has a lot of potential, because it’s a province that needs to grow, it needs highly qualified people to improve the province.
Alberta has breathtaking nature life, cities are small if you compared them with other major cities hubs, and life tends to be less stressful somehow when you live in places with low population count. However I do have to warn you that winters are very harsh in Alberta. Expect weeks of very cold days and lots of snow.

I hope others here can give you more thoughts about this topic. To be honest try to avoid rankings and stuff, don’t opt for a school only because in this year ranking a school was better than the other. In my humble opinion nearly all universities in Canada are great. It’s funny to see for example that Rottman has yet to win an MBA games so far, while DeGroote has secured 3 Queen’s Cups in the last 5 years. Does that means that DeGroote is better than Rottman because it has won more Queen’s cups? Not really, but that doesn’t mean neither the opposite.

In other words, try to choose the program that fit more closely to your career and personal goals.

Kind regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM