Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 09:39 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
I believe you will receive a decision as Round 1 applicant, i.e. around Apr 15. but it could be delayed for a few days too.

bridgidu wrote:
I had the interview last week. Will the decision be released on April 15 or on a rolling basis? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I applied in R1 last month and was wondering whether interviewing candidates is a standard part of the application process? Sound like a silly question I know, but I checked the application requirements section of the MSCM program and its unclear whether interviews are requested from candidates as a mandatory step. Would appreciate it if anyone could shed light on this. Thanks! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi interviews are initiated by the admission office. It's a mandatory step to get accepted to the program.

Mickster wrote:
I applied in R1 last month and was wondering whether interviewing candidates is a standard part of the application process? Sound like a silly question I know, but I checked the application requirements section of the MSCM program and its unclear whether interviews are requested from candidates as a mandatory step. Would appreciate it if anyone could shed light on this. Thanks! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Thank you for clarifying ivanmiyu.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

Request the candidates who have completed their interviews, to please post their interview experiences along with their profiles. Will really help the other prospective students.

Regards
Blackbelt1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
Thank you ivanmiyu !

Just one quick question : Who shd we select as recommendor ? I have one recommendor as my direct supervisor and thinking about second recommendor . Also for Consulting what sort of extra effort do you mean ? it would be great if you can site some example.

Again thanks a lot !
ivanmiyu wrote:
* Two recommendation letters are required from MSCM program.
* It depends on people's lifestyle for the monthly living expense. But generally, the biggest part from rent ($600 - $1,200 monthly). For food, a meal in the restaurant usually cost $10 - $30, you will of course save a lot by cooking at home. A lot of us take bus (free) or walk to school so transpiration cost is not high for most of us.
* We shared Ross and Tauber resources on workshops, simulations, team buildings around leadership. You can also develop leadership skills in your team projects, especially Tauber project. Leadership development is integrated into the whole MSCM experience.
* We have folks go for consultancy firms almost each year though not a major portion. You will also need to make extra efforts and prepare yourself for on/off campus recruiting for consulting jobs.
* I don't see the discrimination. It depends on hiring companies, and also individual candidates. It's really about your personal fit to the particular position. For example, 1/3 of our previous class got offer from Amazon. It hires both MBA and MSCM students and the package offered is the same. Again, more on individuals instead of programs.

Hope this helps.

buffaloboy wrote:
Hi Guys,

How many recommendation letters does Ross MSCM require ? Under application requirement it mention 2 recommendation letters are required but on application page it mention "List one recommender who will complete a reference form in support of your application. Your recommender will receive an email with instructions. If you are not selecting a direct supervisor as your recommender, please address why in the optional essay. "

Also can someone from current batch give monthly living costs estimate ? What avenues are available to MSCM students for leadership development ? Does consultancy firms hire MSCM students as in employment data no info is available. last and most dreaded doubt/fear"Does companies consider Masters student below par compared to MBA students even for ops/ supply chain roles?"

Thank you,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Request the interviewed candidates to post their interview experiences. I got the invitation yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Just a got a call....I am in!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Owen '18 (A)
Send PM
UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
Congrats. Well done.
Can you please share what was asked of you in the interview.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM