Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.76
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.04
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
Same question here , Should I apply in Round 3 ? Request admitted /current student to give some advice. Did anyone got admit in round 3 last year ?
Admitted students for 2017 : Is your number already nearing 29 ?

Saw that last years class has 17 India'n 3 USA and 5 chinese candidates . So mostly they are preferring indians ?

Indian Male Mechanical Engineer
GMAT - 680 TOEFL-111 CGPA 7.61 / 10
Experience - 9 years in implementing supply planning system ( Replenishment planning , safety stock planning , order promising and prioritization. )
specialized in implementing SAP Advanced planning and optimization system.Worked in few greenfield implementations of end to end supply planning systems.

Work Profile : Supply chain IT ( 50%) + Supply Chain business Consulting ( 50%)
Working as a Supply chain consultant with one of the big four .

Thanks for your advice.
Bissasa.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum [#permalink]
Sorry for late reply. Have been very busy with summer project.

The second recommender could be your previous supervisor. Or even business partner. It's best to have current/previous supervisor as they would be in a good position in evaluating your strength. Preferably from different angles. I believe the school prefer recommendation from business instead of academics.

As recruiting / interview process for consulting is very much different from other industries, you would need to take efforts in understanding the fit as well as prepare for case interviews in addition to fit interviews.

Hope this helps.

buffaloboy wrote:
Thank you ivanmiyu !

Just one quick question : Who shd we select as recommendor ? I have one recommendor as my direct supervisor and thinking about second recommendor . Also for Consulting what sort of extra effort do you mean ? it would be great if you can site some example.

Again thanks a lot !
ivanmiyu wrote:
* Two recommendation letters are required from MSCM program.
* It depends on people's lifestyle for the monthly living expense. But generally, the biggest part from rent ($600 - $1,200 monthly). For food, a meal in the restaurant usually cost $10 - $30, you will of course save a lot by cooking at home. A lot of us take bus (free) or walk to school so transpiration cost is not high for most of us.
* We shared Ross and Tauber resources on workshops, simulations, team buildings around leadership. You can also develop leadership skills in your team projects, especially Tauber project. Leadership development is integrated into the whole MSCM experience.
* We have folks go for consultancy firms almost each year though not a major portion. You will also need to make extra efforts and prepare yourself for on/off campus recruiting for consulting jobs.
* I don't see the discrimination. It depends on hiring companies, and also individual candidates. It's really about your personal fit to the particular position. For example, 1/3 of our previous class got offer from Amazon. It hires both MBA and MSCM students and the package offered is the same. Again, more on individuals instead of programs.

Hope this helps.

buffaloboy wrote:
Hi Guys,

How many recommendation letters does Ross MSCM require ? Under application requirement it mention 2 recommendation letters are required but on application page it mention "List one recommender who will complete a reference form in support of your application. Your recommender will receive an email with instructions. If you are not selecting a direct supervisor as your recommender, please address why in the optional essay. "

Also can someone from current batch give monthly living costs estimate ? What avenues are available to MSCM students for leadership development ? Does consultancy firms hire MSCM students as in employment data no info is available. last and most dreaded doubt/fear"Does companies consider Masters student below par compared to MBA students even for ops/ supply chain roles?"

Thank you,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, yes, there're people getting admitted in R3. Looks like you got a good profile. I would still try for Round 3.
I don't think the program gives any preference to any nationalities. The applicants pool might also be very different each year. I do know there are a lot of applicants from India usually.

bissasa wrote:
Same question here , Should I apply in Round 3 ? Request admitted /current student to give some advice. Did anyone got admit in round 3 last year ?
Admitted students for 2017 : Is your number already nearing 29 ?

Saw that last years class has 17 India'n 3 USA and 5 chinese candidates . So mostly they are preferring indians ?

Indian Male Mechanical Engineer
GMAT - 680 TOEFL-111 CGPA 7.61 / 10
Experience - 9 years in implementing supply planning system ( Replenishment planning , safety stock planning , order promising and prioritization. )
specialized in implementing SAP Advanced planning and optimization system.Worked in few greenfield implementations of end to end supply planning systems.

Work Profile : Supply chain IT ( 50%) + Supply Chain business Consulting ( 50%)
Working as a Supply chain consultant with one of the big four .

Thanks for your advice.
Bissasa.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi seems you have a very good profile. I would think it's worth to apply for R3...maybe a bit more prioritization / shortlist for the key achievements. Good luck!

ashutosh1617 wrote:
Guys, i've a query.
Is it worth to apply in round three? This is my profile-

Nationality- Indian
Age- 26
Gender- Male
GMAT- 680(Q49, V33)
- 710(Q50, V34)
Graduation- Mechanical Engineer with 2.76/4 GPA (76%, both % & CGPA are mentioned in my degree)

Work Experience- 4 years, will be 5.5 by the time of enrollment
Owner of Polymer India- We deal with various types of industrial packaging products(like Pail Containers, Hdpe bottles, Pet bottles, Hdpe Drums) & Recycling plastic raw material(HDPE, LDPE, PP). Our suppliers are companies who deal with pesticides and chemicals, so quality has been one of our trademark from the very first day.
P.S- This is not a family business. It's an enterprise started solely by me after my graduation.

Key Responsibilities-

Maintaining relationships with suppliers as well as distributors.

Manage the stock of purchased raw material and supply of the finished products.

Held numerous training seminars to teach as well as learn from the staff of manufacturing unit as well as office staff- These seminars not only increased the knowledge of everyone but increased productivity and led to better team work and understanding in everyone.

Ensuring product specifications and quality remain up to date.

Devising new promotional activities and schemes for marketing the products.

Ensuring all the billing and paperwork is done in a systematic way.

Achievements-

Increasing the product portfolio from five products in 2012 to more than fifty products today.

Improved designs and high quality increased the turnover by more than 200% in three years(In the first year, i designed a mold of pail container which not only reduced the weight of the container by more than a 100grams but also maintained the same strength- a design which is followed by all our competitors today)

Reducing the manufacturing costs by more than 50% in the span of two years.

The growth of the team from five members in 2012 to more than thirty members today.

Other Activities-

Presently learning French- course A1
Worked on a project titled "Benchmarking Automobile Industry" for Mahle Filters India for 4 months
Stood first in Junkyard competition organised by our University
Stood first in Treasure hunt competition organised in the university.
Organised a 10 day industrial trip in collaboration with Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra and Bajaj Auto for the entire batch during my graduation.
Assisted with the placement cell during my graduation.
Vice Captain of cricket team in the university
Captain of cricket team, house captain & co-founder of sports & research club in the school.
Won 1st prize in the debate competition organised in the university where students from 8 different universities took part.

Active member of Keyan- an NGO which provides shelter and food to underprivileged and blind children since the last 4 years. Primary responsibility includes teaching the kids, development of their character. By Feb this month, we had more than 500 kids living under our roof.

I'm also a member (Vice President of one) of 6 different clubs in my city, where-in i organise events on a monthly basis.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi there! Any waitlisted candidates received acceptances yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All:

I'm a current MSCM 2016 student and I would be happy to share my experience as a US Citizen (Green card holder at the time of admit). Feel free to also reach out to me if you have a family or if you are looking for advice on relocating to AA from within the United States.

I agree with the comments of the current students of the class - MSCM is an incredible value proposition. Once you are in the program, you are not only a MSCM student, but you are also a family member of the Tauber Institute as well as the Ross School of Business.

After working in the industry for many years and a few startups under my belt, I put everything on the back-burner to attend the MSCM program full time. It has been a marvelous experience so far - I have had the chance to rub shoulders with my highly accomplished classmates, study under amazing Professors and most of all, enjoy Ann Arbor.

Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Is there anyone who applied in R3?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes, i have.

Originally posted by ManUtd20 on 05 Aug 2016, 10:15.
Last edited by ManUtd20 on 24 Oct 2016, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
has any r3 applicant heard back anything?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Not yet.

Originally posted by ManUtd20 on 10 Aug 2016, 09:31.
Last edited by ManUtd20 on 24 Oct 2016, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone

So i'm kind of new here. I got an interview call from Ross.

Any tips on how i should prepare or what are the questions that are generally asked?

My mail didn't say anything about two interviews. Just that i was selected for interview
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
same here - no mention of second interview

do you mind sharing your profile?

sidtheheartbreakkid wrote:
Hello everyone

So i'm kind of new here. I got an interview call from Ross.

Any tips on how i should prepare or what are the questions that are generally asked?

My mail didn't say anything about two interviews. Just that i was selected for interview
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

So i got 720 in GMAT (Q50,V36)
B.Tech from IIT-R 85%
Work ex-6years
4 years as product manager with Microsoft and now last 2 years as senior operations manager with Samsung
Know French & Spanish apart from English.

What about your's? and when's your interview?
Mine is on 19th
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The interview went good.
Now, i guess wait for the results to come out.

Also, i don't think everyone who gets an interview call get's an admit or waitlisted. You can see a couple of posts in this thread only where people got an interview and got dinged
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did you also apply in round three?

No they didn't say me anything about another interview. My interview was taken by Eric and Laura and i feel they pretty much asked me everything.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I wanted to get some insights from the current class because I'm aspiring to apply for the MSCM for 2018 and I'm figuring out whether I'll be good enough to get in or not/if it's even worth trying.

I went to Michigan undergrad (taking a year off to work now) and didn't do that well due to lots of personal issues, especially during sophomore year. But from 2nd semester Junior year all the way to senior year, I've consistently shown A LOT of improvement in my GPA by taking even harder classes, partly because I changed my major from aero engineering to chemistry because I enjoyed Chemistry a lot more and it was something I wanted to do. I was almost going to be asked to leave the university but the dean and I worked on my grades and I've been doing well, and I want to continue putting in the effort and really excelling in school. My undergrad GPA will be around 2.6 and my major GPA will be somewhere around 3.3.

I'm currently working for one of the world's largest non-profit organizations in Europe as their country office's national VP in a country office in Europe for a year. I have taken a year off from from school and have 1 more class to take and I'll officially graduate in December 2017. Haven't taken GMAT yet but I plan to take it sometime this Fall, and want to obviously do really really well. I have advisors who are super supportive and really helpful, so I know I'll get solid letters of recommendation. My question is, what would you recommend me to do to ensure I have a good shot at getting in the program?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
Guys, does any R1 or R2 waitlist candidate got waitlist cleared lately, say after June 15 ? I checked on last year thread , few candidates got their waitlist cleared in July and August. Any luck this year ?

How is it going for R3 candidates ? Seems there are bunch of guys with very good profile in R3 as well. Good luck for interviews. I gather that Eric and Laura are taking interviews together, so I guess there won't be any second interview for R3 candidates.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts