GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 19:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations
Re: UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 05:53
Mickster wrote:
Has anyone heard back from the school? Bit surprised that no news yet.. I wonder what they're waiting for, and whether there really are going to be any changes to the class NOW to allow wait-listed applicants a chance. Really strange. :?

Nothing yet..

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GRE 1: Q163 V156
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 15:04
Wait listed guys any update?

Sent from my SM-G925F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 17:19
Hey guys,

Just heard back from Eric. I am in :-D

And the best news is they have changed the timeline from next year. This batch will start in Jan 2017.
However, the class of 2018 batch will start from July 2017 to May 2018 and i got an admission in that batch. So, i'll have no time problems for visa and loan now.
Best news to wake up at 5 am to. 8-)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 19:33
Hi all
I've just been admitted to the new program starting July 2017. Got an email from Eric. Glad that all the waiting and anxiety has paid off..phew!

Sent from my SM-G9287C using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q163 V156
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 19:46
Hey Mickster and Sid. I got the offer too. However, got a lot of questions in my head. So I quickly signed up for the info session.

Sent from my SM-G925F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 20:00
I am in guys!!!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 21:42
I too signed up for the info session. I want to know why reduce the program from 12 month to 10 month? It was short as it is in the first place. Now it feels way too short.

Also, it looks like they have given a call to all waitlisted students as they don't expect many students to apply in round 1 (dec-16) for the July intake as most of them won't even be aware of it.
Personally, i feel this is a much better choice to start in July than in Jan as we start with other program students.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 22:11
From Eric's mail,it seems the MSCM program henceforth will start from july and that there will be no December batch. What do you guys think?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 22:41
Guys, what say we create a new forum for the MSCM Class 2018 and a whatsapp group
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 22:42
Yupp...lets do that....lets message our whatsapp numbers privately

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 23:29
Hi everyone,
I also got the admission letter from Eric today for Class 2018, starting from 2017 July!! :-D
Really excited to meet you guys, and finger cross for those who are still on the waitlist.
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.76
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 06:41
Hi guys, I am in as well and excited about Ross. Lets get connected. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.86

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 21:19
I am a prospective student for the MSCM program at Michigan Ross for the Autumn cohort 2017. I want to know if there is a minimum requirement of Work Experience required from the applicants? To what extent does the admissions board value work experience? I am currently in my 4th year, pursuing my undergrad. I plan to go for the program directly after I graduate.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 23:02
Hi Karthik,

The rule-book says that you may apply with no work experience. However, Ross really prefers to have its applicants at least a year of work experience. Let me quote the statement directly from Ross's website:

"We do not require a minimum number of years work experience prior to entering the MSCM Program. However, we expect that most of our admitted students will have at least one year of work experience prior to entering the program. We evaluate work experience ? not in terms of quantity, but in terms of quality ? and the impact the applicant has had on their organization as well as his or her natural leadership qualities. Those who are joining us at an earlier stage of their career should be able to demonstrate this in their application. We want to know what each candidate will be able to contribute to the Ross experience and their colleagues within the classroom. In addition, these candidates should have superb academic credentials and possess the maturity and self-confidence to handle the intensity of the program. Review our class profile for a snapshot of the current students in our program."

You can find the same in the FAQ's section of the Ross MSCM website.

Personally, I think Ross really values work experience a lot. That being said, I don't mean to discourage you from applying. All the best!!

KarthikPrasad23 wrote:
I am a prospective student for the MSCM program at Michigan Ross for the Autumn cohort 2017. I want to know if there is a minimum requirement of Work Experience required from the applicants? To what extent does the admissions board value work experience? I am currently in my 4th year, pursuing my undergrad. I plan to go for the program directly after I graduate.
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 19:25
Hello. I have a few questions.

1. What exactly are the changes in the course (additions / removals of subjects, as the course is now shortened from 12 to 10 months)?
2. Does the internship still exist in the revamped course?
3. Any idea behind the rationale to:
a) Shift the course start date from Dec to July.
b) Shorten the course duration.
4. Has the total intake changed?

I have been preparing for the GMAT with an aim of giving the exam on 15th Jan, 2017. Aim was to apply for the R1 deadline (Which was 1st March 2017 earlier :( ). Now with the change in application deadlines, the equation changes completely. The earliest I can apply will be for the new R2 (1st Feb, 2017). Not happy with this. Thoughts, suggestions?

What's your totem?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 09:46
Hi, as I know, there's two addition of Big Data courses in the curriculum as it is deemed highly needed skill from job market. There will be no full time internship during the summer due to the change, but the internship project will be integrated in the second semester. Some rational for the shift is to follow the normal program year, so that recruiting can also be done following the normal cycle (Fall and Winter). I am not certain about the actual intake for the new batch, but it might be increased compared with previous ones.

herbgatherer wrote:
Hello. I have a few questions.

1. What exactly are the changes in the course (additions / removals of subjects, as the course is now shortened from 12 to 10 months)?
2. Does the internship still exist in the revamped course?
3. Any idea behind the rationale to:
a) Shift the course start date from Dec to July.
b) Shorten the course duration.
4. Has the total intake changed?

I have been preparing for the GMAT with an aim of giving the exam on 15th Jan, 2017. Aim was to apply for the R1 deadline (Which was 1st March 2017 earlier :( ). Now with the change in application deadlines, the equation changes completely. The earliest I can apply will be for the new R2 (1st Feb, 2017). Not happy with this. Thoughts, suggestions?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GPA: 3.35
WE: Operations (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 22:50
Hi, Anyone applying for Second Round. Also, can selected admit share their interview experience and questions asked during the interview?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 11:28
Hi guys,

First of all let me thank you all for sharing your experiences. It was definitely helpful reading about the application process, interview questions and just everyone's experiences. I realize that most of you who got accepted, have a very strong background in SCM. On the Ross website, it does say that SCM background is a plus but not mandatory. I work in Data Management for an oil and gas company, which is not precisely SCM. ivanmiyu If you could share some insight on the backgrounds of your classmates, whether they all have a strong background in SCM or if it is a mix, it would be really helpful. Thanks :)
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: MIT-LGO '18
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.06

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 23:10
Did anyone who applied for the second round(before 1st Feb 2017) get an interview invite?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 08:27
SB87 wrote:
Did anyone who applied for the second round(before 1st Feb 2017) get an interview invite?

Yes, I applied in R2 and got invited for the 1st interview on Feb 15th. I am having my second interview with Eric today. Did you apply in R2 as well?
Re: UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum &nbs [#permalink] 21 Feb 2017, 08:27

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 208 posts ] 

UM Ross MSCM (2017) - prospective students forum

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: carcass

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap