Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:45 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
All the best.

Originally posted by slack on 06 May 2016, 15:03.
Last edited by slack on 11 May 2016, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
I submitted a letter via the portal in mid-April but did not email the adcom. I haven't received a confirmation of receipt but my portal clearly shows that I uploaded the letter. I'd rather not bother the adcom if not necessary but I'm wrestling with that vs. paranoia....

Has anyone else done the same and had a similar experience?

Does it make a difference if we use the portal only, portal + email, or email only?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I had a client in the exact same situation -- they emailed the adcom to make sure it was there and they said it was. As long as it says "received" (it has a different icon then everything else you submitted in the original app, so don't worry about that, either!), you're good.

Best of luck!

wheretonext wrote:
I submitted a letter via the portal in mid-April but did not email the adcom. I haven't received a confirmation of receipt but my portal clearly shows that I uploaded the letter. I'd rather not bother the adcom if not necessary but I'm wrestling with that vs. paranoia....

Has anyone else done the same and had a similar experience?

Does it make a difference if we use the portal only, portal + email, or email only?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Kudos
Finally got the call I was waiting for since Dec 17. R1 waitlisted, got a call yesterday morning asking about updates in general and professional. I was pretty excited as there no response/update for ages. After some exchange, I couldn't believe when asked to join the school in August. My heart literally skipped a beat and I don't think I was talking coherently on the call after that.

Been a long journey, I re-took the GMAT in Feb and submitted that update along with re-iterating my interest. I won't lie, doubt had started to creep in and I was getting ready to move onto next step to strengthen my profile for next year. I do want to say to all in the same boat , please don't lose hope. If not this year then there is def next year so best is to do something to build your case, this year became really competitive and being waitlisted is just a testament to how close we all are in getting in. Good luck all
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
fydpoctave wrote:
Finally got the call I was waiting for since Dec 17. R1 waitlisted, got a call yesterday morning asking about updates in general and professional. I was pretty excited as there no response/update for ages. After some exchange, I couldn't believe when asked to join the school in August. My heart literally skipped a beat and I don't think I was talking coherently on the call after that.

Been a long journey, I re-took the GMAT in Feb and submitted that update along with re-iterating my interest. I won't lie, doubt had started to creep in and I was getting ready to move onto next step to strengthen my profile for next year. I do want to say to all in the same boat , please don't lose hope. If not this year then there is def next year so best is to do something to build your case, this year became really competitive and being waitlisted is just a testament to how close we all are in getting in. Good luck all

Congrats and a healthy dose of envy! :-D

And thank you for your message to all of us. I must confess I'm feeling the same way you say you felt before that call, but you are right: this waitlist is still a big opportunity and whatever happens, there is always hope and who knows what lies ahead.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Maybe some of us will get called Thursday/Friday? Hope hope
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Friday is the day, I think.

I'm speculating, but I guess the AdCom will have the pool of confirmed WL'd applicants by the end of Thursday (plus the info of how many admitted students didn't make the deposit last Wednesday). From that point, it's rolling admission time! Good luck to everyone!!

My advice: try to relax and enjoy the opportunity we all have.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I doubt anyone is still paying attention to this topic considering it's Mid-July, but I'm still on the waitlist at Kellogg for the fall and was just asked to schedule a phone call with an admissions director for tomorrow.

I'm terrified because I'm already heavily invested in another, slightly lower ranked school (deposit, lease, roommates, first month's rent, relationships with affinity and professional groups). Not to mention that my partner had his job moved so he could join me in a new state. But I fear that it would be silly and impractical to reject an acceptance from Kellogg. If they don't offer me any money, it would be easier to say no. Any idea what the likelihood of a scholarship is at this point? I imagine that since it's JULY there's not much, if any, money left, but it would be just my luck that they decide to offer me like 50% or something.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Ross '18 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.52
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
DirectCurrent4 wrote:
I doubt anyone is still paying attention to this topic considering it's Mid-July, but I'm still on the waitlist at Kellogg for the fall and was just asked to schedule a phone call with an admissions director for tomorrow.

I'm terrified because I'm already heavily invested in another, slightly lower ranked school (deposit, lease, roommates, first month's rent, relationships with affinity and professional groups). Not to mention that my partner had his job moved so he could join me in a new state. But I fear that it would be silly and impractical to reject an acceptance from Kellogg. If they don't offer me any money, it would be easier to say no. Any idea what the likelihood of a scholarship is at this point? I imagine that since it's JULY there's not much, if any, money left, but it would be just my luck that they decide to offer me like 50% or something.

Thanks!

To each their own, but I just can't imagine changing course at this point. I was on the Kellogg waitlist until I signed a lease in Ann Arbor. It's not silly and impractical to reject an acceptance from Kellogg when you are already admitted to a "slightly lower ranked school," especially when you have so much committed personally and financially to the new program. I hope everything works out for you - I'm sure it will be very satisfying just to hear that you were admitted. Please don't get caught up on a couple spots on the rankings!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tmchck86 wrote:
DirectCurrent4 wrote:

Thanks!

To each their own, but I just can't imagine changing course at this point. I was on the Kellogg waitlist until I signed a lease in Ann Arbor. It's not silly and impractical to reject an acceptance from Kellogg when you are already admitted to a "slightly lower ranked school," especially when you have so much committed personally and financially to the new program. I hope everything works out for you - I'm sure it will be very satisfying just to hear that you were admitted. Please don't get caught up on a couple spots on the rankings!

Thanks for your reply! Funnily enough, literally a few minutes after I posted this reply, they emailed to inform me I'd been rejected. I breathed a big sigh of relief knowing I wouldn't have to make a big decision! Truth be told, you're right I have too much invested in my course at this point, but I really just stayed on the wait list out of curiosity as to whether I would actually get in!

Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi All - Are there any of you who were admitted off the WL last year and would be willing to answer a few of my questions about how to successfully navigate the process? Please let me know and I will message you directly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
DirectCurrent4 wrote:

Thanks!

Just seeing this now but I thought I would share my thoughts for people struggling on the Waitlist at Kellogg or any other top program. Let me just say right off the bat- I would have been shocked if anyone on the WL at any top 20 MBA program would get any money in the summer before starting the program. Generally speaking when you are on the WL, the prize is you get in! The big money goes to the people earlier in the process who Kellogg or any program thinks will have many choices and they want to sweeten the pot to help them pick their school. Most money is committed early and if someone does decide not to attend, usually schools are over committing on scholarship offers knowing that some will melt (go to another program) and probably are glad at the end for a few to do this if they have gone over on their scholarship budget. My point is- there is usually not much extra money at the end so people on the WL should not generally be expecting any money - especially very late in the process! Now of course there are exceptions to every rule and the only thing that matters is what HAPPENS FOR YOU.... but I just wanted to put out there that it is highly unlikely that anyone gets money off the waitlist! Just putting that out there to help manage expectations- and of course if does happen to you- then congratulations! But just know that is generally not how this rolls! Good luck to all on the waitlist! Every year there are people who get into their dream school off the waitlist and I do hope this year it is you!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Kellogg Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Kellogg Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Kellogg Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Kellogg Forum to dive into all things related to Kellogg's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts