Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 15:00 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 15:00
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Guys, could somebody please kindly let me know how many people from Kazakhstan have applied so far? Thank you so much and good luck with the applications!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
RussianDude wrote:
Guys, could somebody please kindly let me know how many people from Kazakhstan have applied so far? Thank you so much and good luck with the applications!

I'm going to tag along and ask if it's possible to give us the total number admitted and the number per nationality. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.51
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
ROTI wrote:
Wondering if any R1 waitlisters have heard anything at all? Or should we only expect to hear back once R2 results come out?

I haven't heard anything either.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just had my first interview - I freaked out completely because I got lost and was 2 minutes late (my Uber guy kidnapped me - no exaggeration, he wouldn't let me get out for 30 mins) and I'm almost certain my interviewer thought I was on something but, towards the end and quite thankfully, told me I'd be super fun to have in a study group! Yay for being fun-loving! She knew my whole life story but was very by-the-book in that she didn't read my essays (even the ones on p. 12) and actually remembered my score when I said I'm thinking of retaking it. At that point I was just like "ughhh I love you so much you have the memory of an elephant on Lumonol!" For real - she was incredibly likeable and seemed like she actually wanted to get to know me. She explicitly said the point of the interview is to assess the candidate's fit for INSEAD.

I think I'll probably be waitlisted because of my low (non-existent?) quant skills but I honestly enjoyed this first interview so much. INSEAD alumni seem like such great people.

Have my next interview on Friday; I plan to take sedatives beforehand and chase with black coffee to strike a balance. I'll also be there an hour early. Chug that black gold.

FRIDAY UPDATE!!

Just had my 2nd interview - very very nice guy who graduated nearly 15 years ago. I was much calmer than I was during my first interview and the waiters at the cafe were rooting for me (I was there an hour earlier so we're totally best friends)! Again, no weakness/strength/failure questions, he just really wanted to get to know me. Because I wasn't freaking out this time, I think I did a better job expressing myself, my goals etc. His kids and I have a lot in common, lol. He said I'd have a lot to offer to INSEAD and would be a great fit.

I feel good, guys.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GRE 1: Q164 V156
GPA: 3.46
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just got done with my interviews. As a few people have already mentioned, the interviewers seemed like they just wanted to get to know me better rather than grill me with tough questions!

My first interviewer started with asking about my introduction which, since he was writing down, took sometime. Then he asked a few more questions mainly around why MBA, my goals in life, what drives me, etc. Some of the tougher ones were why me and what will I bring to the program + fun questions around leadership and cultural challenges, etc. Overall the tone was quite conversational so I was feeling quite at ease. The whole thing lasted 1.5 hrs (we just generally talked about a lot of things since we had similar backgrounds)

My second interviewer was again very nice and just wanted to know more about me and my motivations. Just asked about my work experiences, my university experiences, my drive and motivation, my goals, why mba & why insead. This interview was much shorter ~30mins.

No just fingers crossed really for 24th June. All the best to everyone still interviewing!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
dragneel wrote:
Just got done with my interviews. As a few people have already mentioned, the interviewers seemed like they just wanted to get to know me better rather than grill me with tough questions!

My first interviewer started with asking about my introduction which, since he was writing down, took sometime. Then he asked a few more questions mainly around why MBA, my goals in life, what drives me, etc. Some of the tougher ones were why me and what will I bring to the program + fun questions around leadership and cultural challenges, etc. Overall the tone was quite conversational so I was feeling quite at ease. The whole thing lasted 1.5 hrs (we just generally talked about a lot of things since we had similar backgrounds)

My second interviewer was again very nice and just wanted to know more about me and my motivations. Just asked about my work experiences, my university experiences, my drive and motivation, my goals, why mba & why insead. This interview was much shorter ~30mins.

No just fingers crossed really for 24th June. All the best to everyone still interviewing!

An R2 applicant on ClearAdmit just got admitted. It was rather a rare case though as he/she was already admitted to another school so I guess he/she must have pushed INSEAD to release the decision in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Asset Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
any one submiting application for R3??
Indian IT Male here
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
exousia wrote:
dragneel wrote:

An R2 applicant on ClearAdmit just got admitted. It was rather a rare case though as he/she was already admitted to another school so I guess he/she must have pushed INSEAD to release the decision in advance.

Interesting and thank you for updating us!

One of my interviewers mentioned that INSEAD knows very well who will be accepted and who will be waitlisted before the interviews. Tricky statement that got me asking for more but never got much (plus I didn't want to push it). I guess that applicant (who got admitted) already was on the top "to be admitted" list and the interviews assured the AC that he/she will never be waitlisted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
RussianDude wrote:

Just did a search on MBA Connect and so far no one from Kazakhstan has been admitted. I don't think we can check how many applied.

Also, it's hard to do a breakdown by nationality since I have to search one by one. If there's any particular country people want to know the numbers of then I can search accordingly.

Good luck to all R2 folks waiting for their results!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
aasg wrote:
RussianDude wrote:

Just did a search on MBA Connect and so far no one from Kazakhstan has been admitted. I don't think we can check how many applied.

Also, it's hard to do a breakdown by nationality since I have to search one by one. If there's any particular country people want to know the numbers of then I can search accordingly.

Thank you so much aasg!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: Fairytales are for real!
I was scrubbing dishes late into the night. It had been a tiring day like any other. Wiping the perspiration from my forehead I egged on. My mind kept racing back to what had been the talk of the town. Every one... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
aasg wrote:
RussianDude wrote:

Could you check for India please?

Thanks mate.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have you guys noticed that tuition fees were increased for January intake?
I just noticed. :shock:
I think it is unfair first to publicly announce 71000 euro and then change it to 73500.

Now it is:
"Tuition fee for the July Class is set in December each year. Fees for the December Class are announced in June.
Current tuition fees for the graduating in December 2017 are €73,500"

Google remembers cached version from June 6:
"Tuition fee increases are announced in December of each year, for the Classes that will graduate the following year.
Current tuition fees for the graduating classes of 2017 are €71,000"

What do you think about this?
Maybe there was an official letter on this to those who already was admitted in R1?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Inspired88 wrote:
Have you guys noticed that tuition fees were increased for January intake?
I just noticed. :shock:
I think it is unfair first to publicly announce 71000 euro and then change it to 73500.

Now it is:
"Tuition fee for the July Class is set in December each year. Fees for the December Class are announced in June.
Current tuition fees for the graduating in December 2017 are €73,500"

Google remembers cached version from June 6:
"Tuition fee increases are announced in December of each year, for the Classes that will graduate the following year.
Current tuition fees for the graduating classes of 2017 are €71,000"

What do you think about this?
Maybe there was an official letter on this to those who already was admitted in R1?

oh wow this pissed me off

have you noticed they also changed the website to say that increases are decided in June for the december class? It used to say all increases are decided in December - check the cached version!!

ugfdjkgdhfgkjdf fml fml fml
Intern
Intern
Send PM
babushka84 wrote:
oh wow this pissed me off

have you noticed they also changed the website to say that increases are decided in June for the december class? It used to say all increases are decided in December - check the cached version!!

ugfdjkgdhfgkjdf fml fml fml

Sure, I noticed. If it originally said that fees for December decided in June, it would be ok.
I'm wondering how they explain this to people who were already admitted!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Asset Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
submitted my application today.
phew
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I think they should have at least released an official letter; at least to those who were admitted

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts