It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 05:22

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 28

Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 08:37
Shipper wrote:
babushka84 wrote:
Shipper wrote:
Waiting ... Wonder what are my chances GMAT 710//6 years experience with 1year as derivative trader and 1.5 as sales in Telecom and 3.5 in worlds largest shipping company as Parton global leadership programme and progressive 2 promotions in 3 years //indian // travelled extensively with global projects and seminars .

Hey were you a MISE?

MLGP to be precise ... Are u a MISE?

This program receives (as per wiki) 65,000 applications and only 42 are selected. Kudos if that's the case - well done!

Posted from my mobile device

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 10:13
exousia wrote:
esmartman wrote:
I really hope this trend doesn't hold true for this intake. Hopefully, more interview invitation emails come in on Thursday and Friday.

farrous13 wrote:

I was told by a friend who got admitted to the Sep 2016 intake that most calls are made on Wednesday and that most rejection emails are sent Friday. That seems to be the trend but might not necessarily hold true for this intake.

I don't think this is the trend for this intake because the only news that I heard from Asia so far was the one invitation on ClearAdmit. I checked a couple of other forums and so far it's just super quiet.

Also, the news that you heard I think was post interview.

I don't know whether the trend applies to the interview stage - it doesn't seem like it as invitations have been sent out to R1 applicants on Fridays. But it seems it applies to the admissions stage.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 13:18
farrous13 wrote:
babushka84 wrote:
JUST GOT MY INVITE!!!!! Finally Jenjen!!!

absauce!!! she started working at 9am this morning! it's just a matter of minutes now!!!

Anyone else doing interviews in Paris?

congrats babushka

thank you! did your AO say when she'd get back to you with interviewer details?

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 15:06
babushka84 wrote:
farrous13 wrote:
babushka84 wrote:
JUST GOT MY INVITE!!!!! Finally Jenjen!!!

absauce!!! she started working at 9am this morning! it's just a matter of minutes now!!!

Anyone else doing interviews in Paris?

congrats babushka

thank you! did your AO say when she'd get back to you with interviewer details?

yes - this is standard.

lol: read the question wrong. No she did not - I reckon early next week (2 to 3 days after the invitation)

What city/country are you located in?

Current Student

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Reviews Badge
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 17:07
farrous13 wrote:
yes - this is standard.

lol: read the question wrong. No she did not - I reckon early next week (2 to 3 days after the invitation)

What city/country are you located in?

Live in Bangladesh but will be in Paris for interviews because of a family thing

Okay do you think it'd be cool if we sent our interviewers a resume that's different to the one we attached to our application? I just reformatted mine to the Harvard format and it looks a billion times better.

I'm pondering retaking the GMAT in Paris. Don't wanna risk getting waitlisted!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 02:19
Hello everyone,

Just received an interview invite half an hour ago ! (4:38 am here in Houston). Couldnt sleep all night waiting for the reply. Even called CT (2am CST) in Fonty to see if I was automatically rejected due to no reply but she insisted that a lot of replies are pending, some files were still under review.

Profile:
Indian. Working in the US for the past 4 years in an oil & gas service company (third largest in the world) as an engineer. Masters from US and bachelors from India, both good schools. GMAT: 720 (q50, v37), GPA: Bachelors ~8/10, Masters ~3.8/4.

Good luck to everyone else ! Your invite is probably forthcoming.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 03:26
yesrohit wrote:
Hello everyone,

Just received an interview invite half an hour ago ! (4:38 am here in Houston). Couldnt sleep all night waiting for the reply. Even called CT (2am CST) in Fonty to see if I was automatically rejected due to no reply but she insisted that a lot of replies are pending, some files were still under review.

Profile:
Indian. Working in the US for the past 4 years in an oil & gas service company (third largest in the world) as an engineer. Masters from US and bachelors from India, both good schools. GMAT: 720 (q50, v37), GPA: Bachelors ~8/10, Masters ~3.8/4.

Good luck to everyone else ! Your invite is probably forthcoming.

Congrats ! We might be co-workers :-D

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 03:59
Any Indians with IR as AO got anything yet? Gotta get some closure either way!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: General Management (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 04:10
Hello everyone. First post here :)

I've been a long time lurker but I thought I'd take the courage to do my first post as I also today received an invitation for R2. While the process is far from over, I definitely wouldn't have made it this far without the help from the gmatclubbers.

I'm a aussie (asian background) and received the invitation from JM's cover.

I do have a offer from Melbourne with significant $$$ so it looks like I need to now turn that down unfortunately :(

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 04:15
chairman14 wrote:

I got a ding email with sender IR and signed off by VF.

Am amused rather than disappointed, frankly. Dinged my unique profile (media+tech+startups) but invited this completely dull Indian IT male chap I know who did 3 months fake social service (attended 2 days, got 3 months certificate, was quite proud of the subterfuge). Really weird priorities, INSEAD.

Anyway, going to a top school in the UK this fall and somehow not feeling bad about this ding.

Manager
Manager

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 04:27
bombaypundit wrote:
chairman14 wrote:

Am amused rather than disappointed, frankly. Dinged my unique profile (media+tech+startups) but invited this completely dull Indian IT male chap I know who did 3 months fake social service (attended 2 days, got 3 months certificate, was quite proud of the subterfuge). Really weird priorities, INSEAD.

Anyway, going to a top school in the UK this fall and somehow not feeling bad about this ding.

And as I type, I just received my invite to interview.

Profile: Indian, 28, based in New Delhi. Engineer with sub-par GPA; 2 years at a clean-tech startup and 4 years doing strategic planning and BD for top MNC energy firm. GMAT 750 (2 attempts).

bombaypundit, I've had my fair share of the feelings you conveyed above. My biggest learning from this process and multiple dings is to trust myself and remember that there is NOTHING wrong with me. Good luck with your MBA!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 04:31
chairman14 wrote:
bombaypundit wrote:
chairman14 wrote:

And as I type, I just received my invite to interview.

Profile: Indian, 28, based in New Delhi. Engineer with sub-par GPA; 2 years at a clean-tech startup and 4 years doing strategic planning and BD for top MNC energy firm. GMAT 750 (2 attempts).

bombaypundit, I've had my fair share of the feelings you conveyed above. My biggest learning from this process and multiple dings is to trust myself and remember that there is NOTHING wrong with me. Good luck with your MBA!

Congratulations to you. It is a very exciting time to be at INSEAD (what with its FT ranking) and I hope you make it through.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 04:41
Hello everyone,

Just got a ding from JM this morning.
Can't see what went wrong.
Any ideas ?

Here's my profile:

Data: 31, male, Indian
GMAT 1- Dec 2015: 690 - 44 in Quant, 41 in verbal
GMAT 2- Mar 2016: 750 - 50 in Quant, 41 in Verbal
IELTS - 8.5 out of 9
Previous Education: Masters in Communication Software - top 5 of the class from NTU Singapore (Nanyang Technological University), Bachelor - Electronics and Communications, First Class With Distinction from India.
Work experience: 7.5 years. 3 years in IT in Bangalore and 4.5 years in Telecom and IT in Singapore's top Telco. Got 2 consecutive promotions in 2 years.
Current Role: Lead Consultant - Lead a 6 member team of technical solution consultants from 4 different nationalities.
Career Goal : Move to Business consulting from current technical pre-sales consulting.
Recommendation letter: Both from previous supervisors.

Didn't apply anything else as i was quite confident. Frustrated and confused:(.

Hope someone can help point out where i went wrong.

thanks in advance.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 45

GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 05:31
hello all,
just received the invite. located in Brazil.

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 45

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 05:46
Congrats to all who have received their invites. Mine just came an hour back from IR.

Based in Mumbai, India

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 06:17
Congratulations to everyone who received the invite. I got mine an hour ago.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 06:47
Communeer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Any ideas ?

Here's my profile:

IELTS - 8.5 out of 9
Previous Education: Masters in Communication Software - top 5 of the class from NTU Singapore (Nanyang Technological University), Bachelor - Electronics and Communications, First Class With Distinction from India.
Work experience: 7.5 years. 3 years in IT in Bangalore and 4.5 years in Telecom and IT in Singapore's top Telco. Got 2 consecutive promotions in 2 years.
Current Role: Lead Consultant - Lead a 6 member team of technical solution consultants from 4 different nationalities.
Career Goal : Move to Business consulting from current technical pre-sales consulting.

thanks in advance.

Wow, that is a solid profile ! Maybe you'd want to show your essays to a professional and find out what went wrong. Thats pretty disappointing, 750 is a great score and your other credentials seem great as well. Sorry for the ding :(
Apply again for September'17 ?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 07:33
yesrohit wrote:
Communeer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Any ideas ?

Here's my profile:

IELTS - 8.5 out of 9

thanks in advance.

Wow, that is a solid profile ! Maybe you'd want to show your essays to a professional and find out what went wrong. Thats pretty disappointing, 750 is a great score and your other credentials seem great as well. Sorry for the ding :(
Apply again for September'17 ?

Thanks for the feedback. That's the best course of action i guess.
Not sure about applying again. I heard from INSEAD that they do not recommend re-application unless there is drastic change in the profile from the current situation. Has anyone come across any successful re-applicants? Any info/thoughts?

thanks

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 98

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 07:39
Communeer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Any ideas ?

Here's my profile:

IELTS - 8.5 out of 9

thanks in advance.

Hey Communeer,

this is really weird, you profile seems very good. I think that there could be a problem with your essays, which must be flawless. I would not give up on the dream and apply again next time. Wish you good luck!

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." Bruce Lee

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."" Muhammad Ali

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 98

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 07:50
Communeer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Any ideas ?

Here's my profile:

IELTS - 8.5 out of 9

thanks in advance.

You might be able to ask INSEAD for their feedback. I know some US schools do give a ding feedback to students.

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 20 May 2016, 07:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  49    Next  [ 967 posts ] 

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap