It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 04:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 09:00
Communeer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Just got a ding from JM this morning.
Can't see what went wrong.
Any ideas ?

Here's my profile:

Data: 31, male, Indian
GMAT 1- Dec 2015: 690 - 44 in Quant, 41 in verbal
GMAT 2- Mar 2016: 750 - 50 in Quant, 41 in Verbal
IELTS - 8.5 out of 9
Previous Education: Masters in Communication Software - top 5 of the class from NTU Singapore (Nanyang Technological University), Bachelor - Electronics and Communications, First Class With Distinction from India.
Work experience: 7.5 years. 3 years in IT in Bangalore and 4.5 years in Telecom and IT in Singapore's top Telco. Got 2 consecutive promotions in 2 years.
Current Role: Lead Consultant - Lead a 6 member team of technical solution consultants from 4 different nationalities.
Career Goal : Move to Business consulting from current technical pre-sales consulting.
Recommendation letter: Both from previous supervisors.

Didn't apply anything else as i was quite confident. Frustrated and confused:(.

Hope someone can help point out where i went wrong.

thanks in advance.

Did you mention any non-tech EC activities? Languages?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 09:07
RussianDude wrote:
Communeer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Any ideas ?

Here's my profile:

IELTS - 8.5 out of 9
Previous Education: Masters in Communication Software - top 5 of the class from NTU Singapore (Nanyang Technological University), Bachelor - Electronics and Communications, First Class With Distinction from India.
Work experience: 7.5 years. 3 years in IT in Bangalore and 4.5 years in Telecom and IT in Singapore's top Telco. Got 2 consecutive promotions in 2 years.
Current Role: Lead Consultant - Lead a 6 member team of technical solution consultants from 4 different nationalities.
Career Goal : Move to Business consulting from current technical pre-sales consulting.

thanks in advance.

Hey Communeer,

this is really weird, you profile seems very good. I think that there could be a problem with your essays, which must be flawless. I would not give up on the dream and apply again next time. Wish you good luck!

RussianDude, thanks bro.
I think so too. Even though I got my essays proof-read by 2 MBA grads one of whom is a Entrepreneur and another one is CBS grad from McKinsey; sigh.

Will keep the reapplication option open.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 09:17
This post received
KUDOS
babushka84 wrote:
Communeer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Any ideas ?

Here's my profile:

IELTS - 8.5 out of 9

thanks in advance.

Babushka, Congrats on your invite and best of luck for the road ahead.

I did mention the ECs like Photography, sports and travelling. Other than Native Hindi and fluent English I mentioned beginner knowledge of Chinese and Spanish.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 09:56
Got my invite from IR :) I had a feeling my low verbal may take me down .I have 68 percentile in va , wondering if I should retake GMAT before final results

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 10:32
Communeer wrote:
babushka84 wrote:
Communeer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Any ideas ?

Here's my profile:

IELTS - 8.5 out of 9

thanks in advance.

Babushka, Congrats on your invite and best of luck for the road ahead.

I did mention the ECs like Photography, sports and travelling. Other than Native Hindi and fluent English I mentioned beginner knowledge of Chinese and Spanish.

I'm so sorry it didn't work out this intake but you should definitely reapply next intake or next year if your heart's set on INSEAD; just throw in some more international stuff (i.e. "As I was bathed by the ocean breeze on Juhu Beach, my eyes fell upon a European couple enjoying the after-effects of our famous pav bhaji. In this moment, I realized how powerful a strong stomach can be" OR SOMETHING IDK)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 28

Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 11:10
tony9800 wrote:
yesrohit wrote:
Hello everyone,

Just received an interview invite half an hour ago ! (4:38 am here in Houston). Couldnt sleep all night waiting for the reply. Even called CT (2am CST) in Fonty to see if I was automatically rejected due to no reply but she insisted that a lot of replies are pending, some files were still under review.

Profile:
Indian. Working in the US for the past 4 years in an oil & gas service company (third largest in the world) as an engineer. Masters from US and bachelors from India, both good schools. GMAT: 720 (q50, v37), GPA: Bachelors ~8/10, Masters ~3.8/4.

Good luck to everyone else ! Your invite is probably forthcoming.

Congrats ! We might be co-workers :-D

I know now that yesrohit and I are :-D. Where are you located?

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 11:17
babushka84 wrote:
farrous13 wrote:
yes - this is standard.

lol: read the question wrong. No she did not - I reckon early next week (2 to 3 days after the invitation)

What city/country are you located in?

Live in Bangladesh but will be in Paris for interviews because of a family thing

Okay do you think it'd be cool if we sent our interviewers a resume that's different to the one we attached to our application? I just reformatted mine to the Harvard format and it looks a billion times better.

I'm pondering retaking the GMAT in Paris. Don't wanna risk getting waitlisted!

I didn't follow INSEAD's format - the one I submitted was a one page resume but looks better than INSEAD's format.

Doesn't INSEAD send your resume to the interviewers? I would not change anything you submitted for now - just focus on prepping for the interviews and good luck :)

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 21:50
This post received
KUDOS
farrous13 wrote:
babushka84 wrote:
farrous13 wrote:
yes - this is standard.

lol: read the question wrong. No she did not - I reckon early next week (2 to 3 days after the invitation)

What city/country are you located in?

Live in Bangladesh but will be in Paris for interviews because of a family thing

Okay do you think it'd be cool if we sent our interviewers a resume that's different to the one we attached to our application? I just reformatted mine to the Harvard format and it looks a billion times better.

I'm pondering retaking the GMAT in Paris. Don't wanna risk getting waitlisted!

I didn't follow INSEAD's format - the one I submitted was a one page resume but looks better than INSEAD's format.

Doesn't INSEAD send your resume to the interviewers? I would not change anything you submitted for now - just focus on prepping for the interviews and good luck :)

The AO asks us to send the interviewers the first 10 pages of our application (used SplitPDF for this because I'm tech illiterate) and our CV. So I'll send my updated resume to my AO on Monday and say "this is what I plan to send to my interviewers, could you please update my file with this thanks you're so tops."

I think it's cool, they're very kind about updating applicant files especially if there are new accomplishments etc.

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 2

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Is a one-year MBA programme really for you? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2016, 21:01
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: Is a one-year MBA programme really for you?
One of the things that really appealed to me about INSEAD was that it was a one-year MBA programme. I’ve worked a good while, I’ve travelled, I’ve partied, and I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out what I want... Continue Reading →
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2016, 22:51
On Clear Admit: 3 applicants already accepted in R2. One from US (CA), one from the Philippines, and one unknown.

How is this possible?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2016, 23:03
farrous13 wrote:
On Clear Admit: 3 applicants already accepted in R2. One from US (CA), one from the Philippines, and one unknown.

How is this possible?

Seems most likely an error.

On a side note - Has anyone able to register for Scholarships? It was supposed to be open on 23rd for R2 applicants.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Brand Management (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2016, 01:53
Guys,

I just received an email from INSEAD informing R2 applicants about scholarship applications. I wonder if those who weren't invited for an interview have also received it.

Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

The INSEAD-USA exchange bubble [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2016, 05:01
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: The INSEAD-USA exchange bubble
While a lot of INSEADers will be scurrying back and forth between Singy and Fonty, a mere few will be debating if it is worth going to the U S of A for an exchange. I have been asked by... Continue Reading →
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Is a one-year MBA programme really for you? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2016, 05:01
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: Is a one-year MBA programme really for you?
One of the things that really appealed to me about INSEAD was that it was a one-year MBA programme. I’ve worked a good while, I’ve travelled, I’ve partied, and I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out what I want... Continue Reading →

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2016, 21:30
Has anyone received interviewer details yet?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2016, 04:30
babushka84 wrote:
Has anyone received interviewer details yet?

Received mine on Monday.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

The INSEAD Moms [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2016, 21:01
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: The INSEAD Moms
By Naz Mirza, partner of Rashad Mirzayev, INSEAD MBA’14D Pamela Druckerman, Gina Ford and Lucy Atkins are just some of the major names that have somehow shaped the minds of so many parents all around the world: from Azerbaijan to... Continue Reading →

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2016, 07:43
Hola! This is only relevant for admits from Spain & Portugal (or with high interest in working mainly in these markets based in Madrid!). I have just seen in Facebook the following:

Bain & Company Madrid Office is planning a Pre-MBA event at 19:30 in June 23rd and would like to invite the INSEAD Class of 2018 admits. It is a unique opportunity to understand what we do in Strategy Consulting very early on!

Please **send an email to Patricia Miralles (patricia.miralles{@}bain{.}com, I can't write it as a normal email address, but you only have to delete the brackets) ** if you would like to attend, and she will answer back to you, or you can follow the instructions in the web page of Bain Madrid, where you also have more information.

If you are interested in Bain Madrid, even if you can't attend, also let her know!

Congratulations on your admission!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2016, 13:27
Guys anyone had their interviews ? Do share experiences

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 18

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2016, 07:17
farrous13 wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking forward to apply for R1. My GMAT is coming up (11-Jan) and I'm still deciding on a second reference. I'll be working on drafting the essays during the holidays when I'm in Colombia. I printed the questions a while back and was brainstorming couple of weeks ago.

These are exciting times :)

Any applicants from Canada?

Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 18

Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 30 May 2016, 07:17

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  49    Next  [ 967 posts ] 

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap