Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:24 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Alphonse089172 wrote:
Hello Tarang,
even if i know nothing about INSEAD Policy, I would be very surprised if nationality could be an actual negative discriminant. From my beotian point of view, this idea looks more like a fantasy of pressured condidates.

Anyway what I have to write is that I am also applying for R4.
Like you, I have spent to much time overthinking about my application.

I have received a mail one hour ago stating I have been selected for interviews.

Nationality: French
Gmat: 690 and 730
Toefl: 107
French degree in engineering
5 years of experience in project management / Electrical commissioning in power production
Long experience in sailing in crew

Good luck, I hope to meet you in January !

Hi Alphonse,

When had you put in your application?

I had put in mine on July 25th and am yet to hear back from them.
Does INSEAD generally take this long to process R4 applications given the understanding that the number of applicants are lower?

My Profile:

GMAT: 710 (Quant: 49, Verbal: 38)
9 yrs of work-ex with large MNCs in FMCG, Telecom and Wine% Spirits.
Nationality: Indian
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
stanli wrote:
Number of R3 applicants should not be as many as R1/2, and R4 even fewer

the current count in the system is 401 pax. Note that this number is not the number of people who were offered, but the number of people who have been offered and at this point of time not rejected the offer yet.
Now R1/R2 first installment deadline has already passed, which means all 401 would have paid deposit.

In addition, the US deadlines have mostly also passed, hence the number of rejections would not be high. You better hope for more deferrals to future intakes instead. I would say you have to take these 401 seriously, because at least 360 of them will eventually enroll, if not more.

Thanks stanli.

If it is so, won't the rejection from R3 and R4 be much higher? Or may be the number of applicants in latter rounds are smaller.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ishiwnder wrote:
Alphonse089172 wrote:
Hello Tarang,
even if i know nothing about INSEAD Policy, I would be very surprised if nationality could be an actual negative discriminant. From my beotian point of view, this idea looks more like a fantasy of pressured condidates.

I have received a mail one hour ago stating I have been selected for interviews.

5 years of experience in project management / Electrical commissioning in power production

Hi Alphonse,

Does INSEAD generally take this long to process R4 applications given the understanding that the number of applicants are lower?

My Profile:

Hello ishiwnder,
I applied on the 27th at 20h.
My admission officer is AN.
I can't tel you about what INSEAD usually does, I don't know more than you.
But when I looked for such info, I found the same results for R4 and for the other Rounds : invitations were coming between -10 days and the deadline.

August is always an unpredictable month for professional activities in France because most of the people take their holidays this month.

Your profile looks good, so I expect that like for all good profile your essays / recommandation letters will make the difference.

Good luck for the next month, I hope that we can meet in January!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hey everyone R2 admit here. Just to let all the R3 and R4 applicants know that the interview invites will come out 2 to 3 days before the stated deadline. For me, mine came on a Wednesday and Friday was the deadline. Good luck!

Alphonse089172 wrote:
ishiwnder wrote:
Alphonse089172 wrote:
Hello Tarang,

Hi Alphonse,

My Profile:

Hello ishiwnder,
I applied on the 27th at 20h.
My admission officer is AN.
I can't tel you about what INSEAD usually does, I don't know more than you.
But when I looked for such info, I found the same results for R4 and for the other Rounds : invitations were coming between -10 days and the deadline.

August is always an unpredictable month for professional activities in France because most of the people take their holidays this month.

Your profile looks good, so I expect that like for all good profile your essays / recommandation letters will make the difference.

Good luck for the next month, I hope that we can meet in January!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tony9800 wrote:
Hey everyone R2 admit here. Just to let all the R3 and R4 applicants know that the interview invites will come out 2 to 3 days before the stated deadline. For me, mine came on a Wednesday and Friday was the deadline. Good luck!

Thanks. when do they start sharing the final results?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Same with the interview invite... the final results will be announced by tele via a +33 number up to the decision day.

prabhakar09 wrote:
tony9800 wrote:

Thanks. when do they start sharing the final results?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: Road to INSEAD
It was a year ago when I first bought my GMAT book and it is hard to believe now that school is starting in less than a week.  Time sure flies! I know that there are many incredible MBA programs... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
So quite in here lately :)

I somehow have the feeling that this week will be it. All the best guys!

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nigushto wrote:

Cheers!

Still 12 days to the results ..... (including today)... next week should see some action around here ..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
nigushto wrote:

Cheers!

Fingers crossed... the most grueling thing of this entire admission process is not being rejected but being waitlisted without a definite answer.
I hope by next week, we can start seeing some movements from R2 waitlisted candidates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hello_ wrote:
Another question here. Could not find anything relevant browsing the web, and not sure starting a dedicated thread just for this is worth it.
Do you know what's the typical break duration between 2 periods ?
More like 1-2 days or a week ?

p1-p2 break 4-5 days, P2-P3 - 10-14 days, P3-P4 - summer break.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have any of your heard from INSEAD on making it for interviews after applying in R4? Anxiously and eagerly waiting! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
azurelle wrote:
Have any of your heard from INSEAD on making it for interviews after applying in R4? Anxiously and eagerly waiting! :)

Nothing yet! I applied in R4, submitted my application on 26th July. Its today n tomorrow now. Losing hope :(
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: A Peak in to the post-INSEAD Future
And we have lift-off! Canary Wharf’s sky-scrapers shrink to miniature and the City’s maze disappears behind the clouds. Just 6,500 miles and 16 hours to go. It was 5 months ago, as I was making my way through the human... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
-

Originally posted by Hello_ on 24 Aug 2016, 01:46.
Last edited by Hello_ on 29 Sep 2016, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello_ wrote:
Just received the invitation for interviews.
Apparently there was a missing document in my application, which we fixed over phone (and I re-sent the doc).
Got the invitation 10 minutes after.

Any good material / recommendation to get prepared for the itw ?
Good luck to everyone else waiting or preparing the interviews.

Congratulations. and good luck.

These interviews would be taken by two alumni (separately), correct?

So they are more likely to be conversational and just want to cross-check all the facts you have put in your resume and application and see you are a correct fit for INSEAD. So, relax and be confident.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello_ wrote:
Just received the invitation for interviews.
Apparently there was a missing document in my application, which we fixed over phone (and I re-sent the doc).
Got the invitation 10 minutes after.

Any good material / recommendation to get prepared for the itw ?
Good luck to everyone else waiting or preparing the interviews.

Oh and if it is with alumni, contact them immediately and book a time. these guys can be super busy also.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  38   39   40   41   42   43   44  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts