Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:47 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 86 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Research (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Thanks, CAVU!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
STEMBusiness wrote:
Thanks, CAVU!

Does this mean you're in and you've accepted your offer STEMBusiness :D?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This is what I got from the adcom...
I believe the committee is meeting tomorrow(friday) to make final decisions for Round 2 candidates. If they feel they need more information or documentation in order to make their choice, they’ll let you know at the latest by early next week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CAVU wrote:
STEMBusiness wrote:
Thanks, CAVU!

Does this mean you're in and you've accepted your offer STEMBusiness :D?

No, not accepted, however I interviewed on Friday 2/24/17. Awaiting decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q56 V46
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Got an admit last night :)

Thanks so much to the entire community here and special shoutout to Cavu !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
anyone submitted for R3?

holla back :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gnatrymmk wrote:
anyone submitted for R3?

holla back :lol:

Hey there gnatrymmk and welcome to the board!

You have the honor of being the first Round 3'er to surface around these parts. Congrats on getting your app submitted.

Where are you from?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
^^

Thanks for the welcome CAVU, I've been lurking for a decent amount of time and thought I'd drop a line.

I'm from the east coast, close to the border.

Hoping some other R3'ers will make an appearance, though perhaps that's optimistic at this point in time? :think: ruffles anyone?

+ A big congrats to the admits thus far!

Originally posted by gnatrymmk on 05 Mar 2017, 07:31.
Last edited by gnatrymmk on 05 Mar 2017, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got dinged. CAVU thanks for all your help. Is there a way to find out what went wrong in my application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey hey I am in!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
abhibad wrote:
I got dinged. CAVU thanks for all your help. Is there a way to find out what went wrong in my application?

Very sorry to hear that abhibad! That's disappointing news — I was pullin for ya man! At any rate, I totally understand wanting to know what went wrong. It could be that nothing even did, as it seems to have been extra competitive this year across the board. You may know that most schools (with the exception of Tuck) do not typically provide feedback. As for Cornell Tech's policy on this, that is a very good question. Given that it's such a small program, they might be willing to give you some general feedback. My advice is to send an email to your interviewer, if that person was Christine or Bianca, to see if you could get some general idea of why you didn't make the cut. If you interviewed with someone else, I'd just email Christine to ask.

Typically schools are pretty leery about telling people why they got dinged, so be sure to let her know that you understand this and don't wish to put her in a tough position, but since you have your heart set on Cornell Tech, any insight or general feedback on your admissions decision would be incredibly appreciated, as you hope to strengthen any weakneases and reapply.

Again, Im really sorry to hear it was a ding. If you do indeed decide to reapply, definitely keep in touch this year.

Originally posted by CAVU on 07 Mar 2017, 01:50.
Last edited by CAVU on 07 Mar 2017, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
STEMBusiness wrote:
Hey hey I am in!

That's awesome, congrats STEMBusiness! See you at kickoff?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CAVU wrote:
abhibad wrote:

Very sorry to hear that abhibad! That's disappointing news — I was pullin for ya man! At any rate, I totally understand wanting to know what went wrong. It could be that nothing even did, as it seems to have been extra competitive this year across the board. You may know that most schools (with the exception of Tuck) do not typically provide feedback. As for Cornell Tech's policy on this, that is a very good question. Given that it's such a small program, they might be willing to give you some general feedback. My advice is to send an email to your interviewer, if that person was Christine or Bianca, to see if you could get some general idea of why you didn't make the cut. If you interviewed with someone else, I'd just email Christine to ask.

Typically schools are pretty leery about telling people why they got dinged, so be sure to let her know that you understand this and don't wish to put her in a tough position, but since you have your heart set on Cornell Tech, any insight or general feedback on your admissions decision would be incredibly appreciated, as you hope to strengthen any weakneases and reapply.

Again, Im really sorry to hear it was a ding. If you do indeed decide to reapply, definitely keep in touch this year.

Thanks CAVU for all kind words.....my interviewer was Gail , have already emailed her, lets see if i get a response...I don't know if too many years of experience(20) was the reason or was it something else? I thought my presentation and interview went quite well...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhibad wrote:
Thanks CAVU for all kind words.....my interviewer was Gail , have already emailed her, lets see if i get a response...I don't know if too many years of experience(20) was the reason or was it something else? I thought my presentation and interview went quite well...

It could be any of the hundreds of variables they consider :) so please don't torture yourself too much by trying to pinpoint a firm reason!

It's also entierely possible it had nothing to do with you at all, and could have been due to the composition of the class that resulted from Round 1 (maybe they had already admitted a few people with a similar profile).

But hopefully you get something actionable from Gail.

As for your 20 years of experience, that is atypical but I doubt that did you in. You did get an interview after all. If age/experience were a deal breaker, you'd probably just have gotten an outright ding without interview. Curious to know — was this a question they asked you in the interview? Something like "why an MBA now given your many years of experience?" FWIW, I have 10 years of WE and from what I know so far, I might be there oldest member of the class.

Feel free to DM me if you'd like to share more details about your profile and chat further.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Send PM