It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 06:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Cornell Tech MBA (Class of 2018)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [1], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Cornell Tech MBA (Class of 2018) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 16:34
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Congrats to all Cornell Tech MBA Class of 2018 admits:

inkpepper, DrumStudy, majorseventh, watchmyreplay, Cessna, STEMBusiness, gkchat and to the many more out there who have been lurkers up to this point, but who probably have just as many questions on what they need to do over the coming months.

Since May is fast approaching, and there's lots of things to figure out before moving to Ithaca, I figured we could use a dedicated thread. Plus, I'm not sure if JConnect is the right place for this.

Last edited by CAVU on 09 Mar 2017, 00:28, edited 2 times in total.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 17:45
This post received
KUDOS
I thought I'd share my notes with you all on things to be aware of as May approaches. I'll keep adding to this list, and please post anything that is missing or should be updated.

⇨ Important upcoming dates:

• 3/15: Pre-work (eCornell) classes begin
  • 3/15: (US citizens only) Submit the FAFSA
  • 3/17: Deposit deadline
  • 3/24–3/25: Kickoff at Cornell Tech (Google) NYC
  • 4/15: Suggested date for submitting Federal loan application request form and private student loans for summer term.
  • 5/7: Tuition due for Summer term (double check this)
  • 5/14: Start of Cornell Tech MBA program in Ithaca, NY
  • 6/1: Suggested date for submitting Federal loan application request form and private student loans for fall and spring terms.
  • 8/7: Tuition due for Fall term
  • 8/22: First day of classes at Cornell Tech, Roosevelt Island

⇨ Websites for New Students:

⇨ Other Important Websites:

⇨ Get help from Johnson:

⇨ Enrollment Steps:

⇨ Pre-Work Classes:

Pre-work through eCornell: https://ecornell.com

Courses:
    NCCY 5010 Data Analytics & Modeling
    NCCY 5020 Microeconomics for Management

Pre-work classes will open on March 15th and you will receive an email notification from the eCornell team once your account is active. The courses include videos of lessons taught by the faculty member as well as homework assignments and online quizzes. There will be assignment deadlines throughout the time period leading up to your first Statistics class session in Ithaca, set to take place on Friday, May 19th (within the first week of the program).

The class sessions for Microeconomics will begin on Tuesday, May 30th and the assignment materials and deadlines are all described in detail in the course sites.

⇨ Register for Kickoff (aka admitted students weekend):

March 24th and 25th in NYC: https://cornelltechkickoff2017.splashthat.com

**Travel Stipend for Kickoff from Cornell:
    For those where traveling to New York City presents a financial burden, we are happy to offer a travel stipend to help defray your Kickoff travel expenses. Here's how it works:

For admitted students living in the US, we can be reimburse up to $100 towards your travel expenses. For admitted students currently living outside of the US, we can reimburse up to $200 towards your travel expenses. Qualifying travel stipend expenses are hotel accommodations and fare for air, train, bus and taxi travel. The travel stipend may be applied to the admitted student’s expenses only. Save your receipt(s) for the travel expense(s) for which you are requesting the stipend. Submit the Travel Reimbursement form and your original receipts no later than Friday, April 14. You will be provided with the reimbursement form upon confirmation of the travel stipend. Reimbursement takes approximately five weeks.Funds are limited, so to request a travel stipend, email us at admissions@tech.cornell.edu no later than Friday, March 17. In your email, please share if you currently reside in or out of the US.

⇨ Housing (Ithaca):

⇨ Tuition:

⇨ Financial Aid:

⇨ Scholarships:

⇨ Student Loans:

Student Loan Application Process - for US citizens and permanent residents. Follow these simple steps to apply for federal student loans for the summer term and academic year:

General Student Loan Information
    You may borrow up to the published cost of attendance less any scholarship or other aid. A breakdown of the cost of attendance can be found on our website.
    Students can borrow through the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan ($20,500 maximum annual amount); and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loan (request can be made up to the cost of attendance less other aid received).

The Johnson School Financial Aid Office will begin processing federal student loan request in March. Loan award notifications are emailed to your Cornell University email account. In order to be considered for federal student loans, students must have accepted their offer of admission, and completed the FAFSA and the federal loan application request form.

Financial Aid Office contact info:
    For questions regarding the federal loan process and eligibility: financialaid@johnson.cornell.edu

⇨ International Students:

⇨ Student Services / Free Student Software Tools:

⇨ Misc:

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Research (Computer Software)
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Cornell Tech MBA (Class of 2018) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 14:23
CAVU: Hero among MBA candidates for assembling this list.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2017, 12:25
This is awesome, thanks!

What is everyone doing for housing in Ithaca?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2017, 16:01
STEMBusiness wrote:
CAVU: Hero among MBA candidates for assembling this list.

You're too kind STEMBusiness ...truth be told, I quit my job back in January, so maybe I've had a little too much time on my hands :wink: but I'm glad I could put that to good use!

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2017, 16:05
Cessna wrote:
This is awesome, thanks!

What is everyone doing for housing in Ithaca?

Good question... To be honest, I've been slacking a little on the Ithaca housing. Have you had any luck in locking anything down yet Cessna?

BTW... seeing as your username is Cessna, are you a pilot by chance?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2017, 10:21
Hi CAVU or any other admits, do any of you know what is the final day of classes in Ithaca this summer? Trying to plan move-out process.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2017, 10:56
STEMBusiness wrote:
Hi CAVU or any other admits, do any of you know what is the final day of classes in Ithaca this summer? Trying to plan move-out process.

Hi STEMBusiness, it looks like July 31st is the last day of classes. There's also an optional week-long session afterwards. Here's the link for detailed info: http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/New-Stud ... tant-Dates

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2017, 14:00
CAVU wrote:
STEMBusiness wrote:

Hi STEMBusiness, it looks like July 31st is the last day of classes. There's also an optional week-long session afterwards. Here's the link for detailed info: http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/New-Stud ... tant-Dates

Thanks CAVU, very helpful. Have you or has anyone received an email to log into eCornell? I've received my NetID and tried using it to login at eCornell.com, but that does not work. I also used my gmail address to create an account at eCornell, but the two listed courses are nowhere to be found. Can anyone speak to the process by which I can access/set up my eCornell account?

Thanks again!

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2017, 12:26
STEMBusiness wrote:
CAVU wrote:
STEMBusiness wrote:

Thanks CAVU, very helpful. Have you or has anyone received an email to log into eCornell? I've received my NetID and tried using it to login at eCornell.com, but that does not work. I also used my gmail address to create an account at eCornell, but the two listed courses are nowhere to be found. Can anyone speak to the process by which I can access/set up my eCornell account?

Thanks again!

STEMBusiness, I'll send you a DM on this with some more info

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Cornell Tech MBA (Class of 2018)   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2017, 12:26

Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Cornell Tech MBA (Class of 2018)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap