Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 04:32 It is currently 02 May 2024, 04:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Received my electronic offer pack, but no news of scholarships just yet.

There's actually a https://gmatclub.com/chat group going that is over 100 members strong! If you join the accepted students Facebook Group (link in the post offer intranet site), it has the links to join the Telegraph group chat too.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Hi Everyone,

I'm new around here, and I'm quite an amateur about all the MBA stuff.

A month ago, I've decided to study for an MBA. In two weeks I studied hard for GMAT exam and got a score of 680. Now I'm working on IELTS exam, which I'm going to take in 25th of March.

Here comes the question; do you think a low GPA (2.44 / 4.00), 680 GMAT score and 8 years of work experience are enough to apply Oxford Said MBA Program?

Good luck to every applicants...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pembroke anyone?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AsiCavus wrote:
Hi Everyone,

A month ago, I've decided to study for an MBA. In two weeks I studied hard for GMAT exam and got a score of 680. Now I'm working on IELTS exam, which I'm going to take in 25th of March.

Here comes the question; do you think a low GPA (2.44 / 4.00), 680 GMAT score and 8 years of work experience are enough to apply Oxford Said MBA Program?

It's hard to say just by looking at the numbers. I believe it's mostly down to the kind of work and life exp (rather than number of years of work exp) that you've had so far and how that would contribute to the class.

You should definitely give it a shot.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Oxford colleges are a bit of a mystery to most of us. Are there any that you can recommend for future MBA students that has a good mix of students (ie. not just MBAs), accommodation not far off from Said and ideally from the center of town? I am trying to do some research although it becomes quickly overwhelming. I found a good blog post by an alumni at Said though which was helpful and I am adding the link below for anyone else in the situation:

https://www.kentlui.com/2012/06/choosing ... s-mba.html

AsiCavus wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Here's my 2 cents. I would recommend retaking the GMAT at least once again to see if you can cross the 700 mark so that they don't have doubts as to your ability to handle the curriculum. If you got a 680 first time around, I am sure you can cross the mark of 700 with a couple of weeks of work on it.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Oxford"18 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Decided in late February to apply R4. I got a 680 on the GMAT and had originally planned to retake the GMAT this summer and apply to Oxford R1 for fall 2018, but after meeting with a recruiter and telling them my situation I decided to give it a shot. Here goes nothing...

(...and by nothing, I mean £150 haha.)

The recruiter also mentioned that 600 people applied R3, which was about double the number of applicants the same round last year. Great that the program has a larger talent pool, but scary that there's more competition!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone!
I had an interview this week with Jonathan Reynolds and I was wondering whether anyone had the same interviewer and can share her/his experience with me? I was asked very unexpected questions, none of the usual why MBA, why Oxford, why now. Waiting for the results now...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Oxford"18 (M)
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
angela123 wrote:
Hi everyone!
I had an interview this week with Jonathan Reynolds and I was wondering whether anyone had the same interviewer and can share her/his experience with me? I was asked very unexpected questions, none of the usual why MBA, why Oxford, why now. Waiting for the results now...

Hi Angela, thanks for the heads up! Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application? I'm intrigued as to the timing of your interview. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, I was R3 but because of serious illness, my interview was postponed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I see, sort to hear that. Best of luck with the outcome! My girlfriend studied a biology undergrad at Oxford and commented that even at that time her acceptance interview included some interesting out the box questions to test your way of thinking. Maybe that's what you experienced too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
*sorry to hear that
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Oxford"18
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi all! Has anyone received an interview invite for round 4?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nope, hoping for some good news tomorrow...
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.39
WE:Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I just did today!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Oxford"18
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Congratulations nyabo! Would you mind sharing which country you're from?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm Canadian, currently working in Uganda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm Canadian, currently working in Uganda
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts