Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:26 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
KK46 wrote:
Did anyone get an invite now? Or is it the time to accept a ding.....

4-6 weeks until the interview roll out. Sep 20 to Oct 25 ~ 5 weeks. So the chances are slim. We need to brace ourselves for a DING :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
No idea dude. I’m not a big fan of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

any update?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V25
GPA: 4
Send PM
Checking in from Mumbai, no invite to interview for anyone I know who has applied for R1 from Mumbai.

Posted from my mobile device
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51458 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dijesh wrote:
Checking in from Mumbai, no invite to interview for anyone I know who has applied for R1 from Mumbai.

How many people are you talking about? I saw a livewire report on Mumbai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.6
WE:Accounting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
KK46 wrote:
Did anyone get an invite now? Or is it the time to accept a ding.....

4-6 weeks until the interview roll out. Sep 20 to Oct 25 ~ 5 weeks. So the chances are slim. We need to brace ourselves for a DING :(

100% agree, it's DING time
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
Dijesh wrote:

In my knowledge none. I think there is no alum agreeing to interview us... :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Satya090 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Dijesh wrote:

In my knowledge none. I think there is no alum agreeing to interview us... :?

I am Ok interviewing anywhere in India. All I need is an Invite! Why this Kolaveri Di with Mumbai applicants? :roll: :cry:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DigitsnLetters wrote:
I am Ok interviewing anywhere in India. All I need is an Invite! Why this Kolaveri Di with Mumbai applicants? :roll: :cry:

Yeah man! They could at least inform us the situation and ask us if we are open for any other location..! :? :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
bs7391 wrote:
I may be wrong with what I am writing below. But I have some faith in my hypothesis.

Within the Indian Admissions Bucket, Kellogg has an immediate idea of who they want and who they don't. This is even before they read your essays. They also know what kind of applicant is treating them as a safe school and won't join.

As an Indian, you are to have atleast 5-6 points above their average GMAT or 10 above their median. As an Indian male you better turn up with a 760, 770 or 780 to be absolutely safe. I have a 750, I received a response- "Oh, that's just 10 below the 99%ile" . The person responding was relevant enough to give me a chill and even reconsider rewriting the GMAT. Kellogg wants to outdo everyone in GMAT scores. Everyone else wants to outdo everyone else on GMAT Scores. We have not reached the peak or bottom of the GMAT war.

Second, If you are IIT+ McK + Blackstone or IIT+4 yrs WE anywhere then they know you have applied to HBS and W, if not Stanford also. You are still going to get in. But depending on the number of these applicants, and the eventual yield, Kellogg will decide its Waitlists, and number of other graduates from non IITs, or elsewhere, with high GMATs, that it has to now pretend to like. The kind of applicant they can place at Deloitte or PWC Strategy& without much hassle.

Your essays are secondary, they will barely care if you don't put up the stats. Adcom has a very straight forward line- "If this application had a higher GMAT then it would have garnered much more interest" . I have heard this one and I have not forgotten it.

Jesus Christ, are you serious? I have a 740 but this post makes me feel like I might need to consider taking the GMAT again. Is this valid for all Indian nationals or for people who've studied and worked in India. I studied abroad (Singapore) and have been living and working there since. Does that make any difference? I feel like anything above 700 on the GMAT depends at least a little bit on luck and I could've scored 700 or 770 on the same paper on another day. Just the idea of trying to improve 740 sounds super hectic.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
rhchandani wrote:
bs7391 wrote:
I may be wrong with what I am writing below. But I have some faith in my hypothesis.

Within the Indian Admissions Bucket, Kellogg has an immediate idea of who they want and who they don't. This is even before they read your essays. They also know what kind of applicant is treating them as a safe school and won't join.

As an Indian, you are to have atleast 5-6 points above their average GMAT or 10 above their median. As an Indian male you better turn up with a 760, 770 or 780 to be absolutely safe. I have a 750, I received a response- "Oh, that's just 10 below the 99%ile" . The person responding was relevant enough to give me a chill and even reconsider rewriting the GMAT. Kellogg wants to outdo everyone in GMAT scores. Everyone else wants to outdo everyone else on GMAT Scores. We have not reached the peak or bottom of the GMAT war.

Second, If you are IIT+ McK + Blackstone or IIT+4 yrs WE anywhere then they know you have applied to HBS and W, if not Stanford also. You are still going to get in. But depending on the number of these applicants, and the eventual yield, Kellogg will decide its Waitlists, and number of other graduates from non IITs, or elsewhere, with high GMATs, that it has to now pretend to like. The kind of applicant they can place at Deloitte or PWC Strategy& without much hassle.

Your essays are secondary, they will barely care if you don't put up the stats. Adcom has a very straight forward line- "If this application had a higher GMAT then it would have garnered much more interest" . I have heard this one and I have not forgotten it.

Jesus Christ, are you serious? I have a 740 but this post makes me feel like I might need to consider taking the GMAT again. Is this valid for all Indian nationals or for people who've studied and worked in India. I studied abroad (Singapore) and have been living and working there since. Does that make any difference? I feel like anything above 700 on the GMAT depends at least a little bit on luck and I could've scored 700 or 770 on the same paper on another day. Just the idea of trying to improve 740 sounds super hectic.

I don't think where you studied and live matters. If you are a Indian citizen, you compete in that pool.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
Send PM
rhchandani wrote:
bs7391 wrote:

I don't know man . I regret writing that post . But if you go by the trend of interviews that's how the sorting is happening . 760 plus consultants and operations and marketing people . Followed by 750 plus people of the same profile . I wonder if any finance people are being interviewed at all.

Your international background will obviously help . You don't need me to tell you that.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
Send PM
It's DING time bois ;-;
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
It's DING time bois ;-;

Did your interview get waived ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
It's DING time bois ;-;

Did you get any mail?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bs7391 wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
It's DING time bois ;-;

Or is that the new "Hello"?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Send PM
bs7391 wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
It's DING time bois ;-;

Got no mail :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just received a waiver!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts