It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 19:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 18107 [0], given: 1992

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:34
Well last time I got a waiver and got dinged. Most people who get waived get dinged. I guess it’s different this year because not many people from Mumbai got invites. Last year tons of mumbai people got interviews while mine was waived which makes me somewhat cynical about the random waive claim.

But to be honest, I’d rather be surprised with a Kellogg invite now than keep waiting around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 40

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:35
LM10SC11 wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
Is there anyone who hasn't gotten an interview assignment OR a waiver?? Or is it just me? Do they do waivers in more than one wave?

Everyone in the US tends to be interviewed without the waiver. So I would recommend you just wait it out for an invite. I highly doubt you would get a waiver considering you are in the US. They are mostly issued for international applicants considering lack of alumni in their areas or too many applicants for too few alumni in their areas. A quick linkedin search in your geography should help you answer the alumni question I guess.

Thanks..I know there are a lot of alums in my area but there are also A LOT of applicants. Pretty much every large consulting and finance company has a regional or headquartered office in my city...I have also seen people getting invites from my state (not sure if the same city) and the 6 week deadline is next wednesday..hence the worry...but I hope youre right.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:36
FuturePM91 wrote:
LM10SC11 wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
Is there anyone who hasn't gotten an interview assignment OR a waiver?? Or is it just me? Do they do waivers in more than one wave?

Everyone in the US tends to be interviewed without the waiver. So I would recommend you just wait it out for an invite. I highly doubt you would get a waiver considering you are in the US. They are mostly issued for international applicants considering lack of alumni in their areas or too many applicants for too few alumni in their areas. A quick linkedin search in your geography should help you answer the alumni question I guess.

Thanks..I know there are a lot of alums in my area but there are also A LOT of applicants. Pretty much every large consulting and finance company has a regional or headquartered office in my city...I have also seen people getting invites from my state (not sure if the same city) and the 6 week deadline is next wednesday..hence the worry...but I hope youre right.

I honestly think (and sincerely hope) that if you didn’t receive the waiver today, an interview invite is on its way.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 29

Schools: Duke '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:40
souvik101990 wrote:
Well last time I got a waiver and got dinged. Most people who get waived get dinged. I guess it’s different this year because not many people from Mumbai got invites. Last year tons of mumbai people got interviews while mine was waived which makes me somewhat cynical about the random waive claim.

But to be honest, I’d rather be surprised with a Kellogg invite now than keep waiting around.

Well I'm from Hyderabad. I'm not aware of other applicants from hyderabad. So you mean to say they just waive the interview and send a mail stating you haven't been invited for the interview? Why waive the interview then in the first place?

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:42
You should check out Kellogg interview policies. They have when they don’t have enough alums in your area. If they like your app they will interview you over Skype.

At least that’s how they define it.

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:45
Hatakekakashi wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Well I'm from Hyderabad. I'm not aware of other applicants from hyderabad. So you mean to say they just waive the interview and send a mail stating you haven't been invited for the interview? Why waive the interview then in the first place?

I think waiver=ding. I wish Kellogg is more transparent about this. I have never seen someone with waiver getting an interview call later! I also doubt that they don't review applications without interviews, if what they claim were true, then 95% of Indian apps were not even opened until 5 weeks? Doesn't seem right!!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:45
souvik101990 wrote:
You should check out Kellogg interview policies. They have when they don’t have enough alums in your area. If they like your app they will interview you over Skype.

At least that’s how they define it.

I was almost excited about the waiver and wanted to tell people around me up until now. Now i'll just let it be.

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:46
souvik101990 wrote:

I honestly think (and sincerely hope) that if you didn’t receive the waiver today, an interview invite is on its way.

Fingers crossed...my heart is still beating soo fast since I saw the first waiver post...but still nothing here. I am sorry about your second waiver from Kellogg....Yellogg strikes again... :(

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:47
cfc89 wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

I think waiver=ding. I wish Kellogg is more transparent about this. I have never seen someone with waiver getting an interview call later! I also doubt that they don't review applications without interviews, if what they claim were true, then 95% of Indian apps were not even opened until 5 weeks? Doesn't seem right!!

It makes sense. But yes DING time bois ;-;

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:47
FuturePM91 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Fingers crossed...my heart is still beating soo fast since I saw the first waiver post...but still nothing here. I am sorry about your second waiver from Kellogg....Yellogg strikes again... :(

Yeah I honestly thought I had a shot this time. Well hope is the poor man’s poison.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:55
This post received
KUDOS
How hard is it for the AdCom to be transparent about this? I must have not even applied there with a 720...Adcom at an event told me that they take a holistic approach...I think they just say that to Indian applicants so that they can get more applicants and bring down the acceptance rate!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 18107 [2], given: 1992

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 13:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
cfc89 wrote:
How hard is it for the AdCom to be transparent about this? I must have not even applied there with a 720...Adcom at an event told me that they take a holistic approach...I think they just say that to Indian applicants so that they can get more applicants and bring down the acceptance rate!

I don’t think that’s the right way to think about it. It’s presumptuous to think that the admission process is not holistic just because you didn’t get an invite (neither did I). I can imagine that it might feel incredibly discouraging to not get invited like some others have in this thread, but I ABSOLUTELY think the admission process is more holistic than any other business school in India.

Besides if you’re comparing with tons of others with 740+ scores, it’s very common that you are stacked against a brick wall of competition, even when viewed as holistically as possible.

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18107 [2], given: 1992

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 71 [1], given: 40

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 14:01
This post received
KUDOS
souvik101990 wrote:
cfc89 wrote:

I don’t think that’s the right way to think about it. It’s presumptuous to think that the admission process is not holistic just because you didn’t get an invite (neither did I). I can imagine that it might feel incredibly discouraging to not get invited like some others have in this thread, but I ABSOLUTELY think the admission process is more holistic than any other business school in India.

Besides if you’re comparing with tons of others with 740+ scores, it’s very common that you are stacked against a brick wall of competition, even when viewed as holistically as possible.

I'd also like to add on that Kellogg is a world class MBA program and at this point with their reputation they don't really need to lie in order to get more applicants.

Kudos [?]: 71 [1], given: 40

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 14:03
Does anybody know someone who got selected even after the interview waiver?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 14:04

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 18107 [1], given: 1992

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 14:05
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Vaibhav001 wrote:

I know a few. Mostly internationals with low app volumes. If you derive productivity from optimism I think you should be on the lookout. If not I’d recommend focusing on other apps.

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18107 [1], given: 1992

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 25

GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 14:07
Vaibhav001 wrote:

If knowing also includes some you know of GMATClub / similar community, I doubt. Think of it this way - you're much more likely to post online if you don't receive an invite than if you do.

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 25

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 1789 [1], given: 797

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 15:03
This post received
KUDOS
Hatakekakashi wrote:
LM10SC11 wrote:

Both your scenarios are possible outcomes. If the application is satisfactory they will invite for interview. Else no interview. Kellogg does not admit anyone without an interview. Hope that answers your query! Satya090

When would you know the status? Is there a deadline?

Couple of things:

1. Waivers are provided so that adcoms can start reviewing your applications without further delay. They will keep trying to 'match' you with potential interviewers in the meantime.
2. Yes, Kellogg will not admit anyone without interview.
3. You will know the final result on the results declaration day. No one hears back from them earlier.

Good luck. Reach out if there are any other questions.

Kudos [?]: 1789 [1], given: 797

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 22 [1], given: 120

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 16:36
This post received
KUDOS
Received a waiver. :roll:

After reading through the posts, I came to the following conclusion: definitely there is No Alum in Mumbai OR if there is any Alum, then he/she is not willing to interview the candidates. I won't consider it as a straight ding. I'm sure the fact that all Mumbai applicants here received a waiver means that Kellogg could not arrange an Alum. So, chillax and stay positive guys. N pray that whatever you have provided in the application impresses the Adcoms and that while reading your application they get a feeling that I want this person at Kellogg.

I understand that odds are stacked against us 70-30 (70-ding, 30-Adcom interview), but it is definitely a positive sign that nobody got an interview invite in your area. I won't consider myself out yet. I knew that applying to Kellogg meant competing against the best of best in the world and I still was up for the challenge. I feel you knew n felt the same .....

So fellas, you are NOT done n dusted YET. I am NOT done n dusted YET! Not until I receive a Ding mail! I hope for the best. I wish you the best. :-)

All the Best Fellas :thumbup:

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Kudos [?]: 22 [1], given: 120

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 16:46
I never imagined this process would be so stressful. My H1B did not get picked up twice in the lottery, and I did not feel this kind of stress even during my third and final attempt. I hope everyone gets rewarded for their hard work.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2017, 16:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  42    Next  [ 827 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap