Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 21:51 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 21:51
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2010 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3851 [1]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools: Oxford"20 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Send PM
Re: Would appreciate feedback! [#permalink]
Hi!

You seem to be at a similar place as myself. I started chronicling my trials and tribulations here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/another-i-m- ... 50477.html

Maybe you can learn from my mistakes?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for the support and links everybody!

Just want to know if its a realistic goal of going from 510 to 650+ in 50 days full time prep? I do realize it will be difficult and it will require me to commit myself thoroughly to it. Starting today I'm going to relearn the basics of Quant and Verbal. I ordered the Manhattan Foundation of Gmat Math and Verbal and plan on completing them in a week. Then another CAT and then work on weak areas while brushing up on everything else too.

I did follow chineseburned's post for the AWA. I personally rate the AWA a 3-4, would appreciate if someone can give me feedback on it.
Attachments

AWA Essay - 1st Attempt.docx [13.25 KiB]
Downloaded 40 times

Intern
Intern
Send PM
jsheppa

Yes it does seem that way :) I'm 28 and haven't touched maths since the last 10 years and dislike learning by videos too (I end up becoming a zombie while watching them). Right now I have the OG 2017 books along with the Manhattan Foundation books for Math and prep. I'm not sure of spending money on a training course at this point of time without knowing the results of my self study and 2nd CAT which I plan on giving in roughly 10-12 days from now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Bookmarks
AliMolai wrote:
Hey Everybody!

I would really appreciate if anyone here in the community can help me with my GMAT prep with some much needed advice. So I have the GMAT scheduled on the 15th of December this year (50 days). I have quit my job recently and am on a sabbatical and have plenty of time (can push 10-12 hours a day/7 days a week). I'm looking for a score of 650 at-least. You guys think this is possible?

Can anyone also help me with a study plan? To give you a little background, I haven't touched maths since school (which was 10 years ago) and do quite suck at it :| , I'm decent in verbal and am fond of reading, which I do voraciously. I gave a CAT on Manhattan today and here are my results. (can also upload details if required)

CAT - Manhattan prep - overall score - 510 (Q30/V30/IR2.47)

To be honest, in roughly 30% of my quant answers I just selected random answers :sad:
I know I need to work on the weakest areas first for the maximum gain which includes most of Quant and most of verbal.
I also have my AWA essay if anyone would be kind enough to give me feedback on it.

Looking forward to your reply!

Dear Ali,

Have you given GMAT diagnostic test ? That is the best representation of your preparation. Please keep in mind that most of the GMAT takers(Successful one) will touch manhattan exam and veritas when they really wish to get a reality check , after putting in some amount of preparation. Also 50 days is sufficient but hope you are able to able to sort which sections you are weak in? As we cannot say that one can be weak in verbal or quant , they are subdivided into so many sections.

Regards

Siddhartha Saxena
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Taz1307 wrote:
AliMolai wrote:
Hey Everybody!

I would really appreciate if anyone here in the community can help me with my GMAT prep with some much needed advice. So I have the GMAT scheduled on the 15th of December this year (50 days). I have quit my job recently and am on a sabbatical and have plenty of time (can push 10-12 hours a day/7 days a week). I'm looking for a score of 650 at-least. You guys think this is possible?

Can anyone also help me with a study plan? To give you a little background, I haven't touched maths since school (which was 10 years ago) and do quite suck at it :| , I'm decent in verbal and am fond of reading, which I do voraciously. I gave a CAT on Manhattan today and here are my results. (can also upload details if required)

CAT - Manhattan prep - overall score - 510 (Q30/V30/IR2.47)

To be honest, in roughly 30% of my quant answers I just selected random answers :sad:
I know I need to work on the weakest areas first for the maximum gain which includes most of Quant and most of verbal.
I also have my AWA essay if anyone would be kind enough to give me feedback on it.

Looking forward to your reply!

Dear Ali,

Have you given GMAT diagnostic test ? That is the best representation of your preparation. Please keep in mind that most of the GMAT takers(Successful one) will touch manhattan exam and veritas when they really wish to get a reality check , after putting in some amount of preparation. Also 50 days is sufficient but hope you are able to able to sort which sections you are weak in? As we cannot say that one can be weak in verbal or quant , they are subdivided into so many sections.

Regards

Siddhartha Saxena

Yes I have, please have a look at the first post in the thread.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [2]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM