Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 11:11 It is currently 07 May 2024, 11:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 833 [6]
Given Kudos: 235
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [0]
Given Kudos: 633
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Re: In the Deccan region of India, spice growers still grow spices as they [#permalink]
Kudos
Ananya1234 wrote:
In the Deccan region of India, spice growers still grow spices as they have done for centuries, hand-picking their crop and storing their precious spices in specially designed containers.

A. spice growers still grow spices as they have done
B. the spice grower still grow spices as he has
C. spice growers still grow spices as was done
D. spice growers still grow spices as has been done
E. spice growers still grow spices as they did

Answer should be D

Agree with you....OA should be D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: In the Deccan region of India, spice growers still grow spices as they [#permalink]
Mahmud6 wrote:
In the Deccan region of India, spice growers still grow spices as they have done for centuries, hand-picking their crop and storing their precious spices in specially designed containers.

I think A is correct.

Some people are confused between A and D.

Don't know why you would need "has been". D looks like a bad choice.

I would go with A.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
I think A. Action started in past and still it is continue. So present perfect tense is correct.

Sent from my XT1663 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
By active/passive contrast, we can choose A over D.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ananya1234 wrote:

Answer should be D

I think that in D has been done is passive and hand picking their crop is active, so we will reject that and choose A for maintaining the parallelism.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
GMAT seems to like active voice, which is the only difference between a and d. So a is the answer.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sujithshetty2209 wrote:
GMAT seems to like active voice, which is the only difference between a and d. So a is the answer.

the issue is not active voice over here but to maintain the parallelism. If the other part had passive voice then we would have preferred the passive voice over here.
But since the non underlined part has active voice we will go with active voice in our answer choice.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [1]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM