Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:54 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [1]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72908 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Ross vs. Stern (money not an issue) [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Congratulations!
Here is a great post about Ross from 2016: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-vs-dard ... l#p1777448

Hope it helps with your decision and getting more details about Ross.
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Ross vs. Stern (money not an issue) [#permalink]
Kudos
agreed with the others, no real lean here so i'd choose on fit. also see if you can get either school to give up scholarship money as a tie-breaker. all else equal, the stern name is stronger, but it's really at the margin.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Ross vs. Stern (money not an issue) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
My opinion differs from that of some of the other people on here. I actually had a client who was given the choice between these two schools....just graduated from Stern, and after talking with him about it and I kind of wish he had chosen Ross honestly.

1) don't think NYU really delivers that super tight-knit feeling that deep network that you really want. Everybody kind of has their own life going on in New York. Whereas I think with Ross, everyone's there for a pretty specific purpose and it would create tighter bonds.

2) I'm vehemently opposed to candidates choosing a program based on how sexy the location is. This is like a two-year conference actually more like 18 months and it's not a vacation. So choose the program based on how it applies to your goals and your values honestly. And of course the alumni connections, which family do you want to marry into?

3) I'm really leaning towards Ross here because just like my client who just graduated said, NYU is not really a Consulting School and I don't really see that it's going to become one, with increasing emphasis on Tech and their specialized MBA programs. If you were to go there for finance and you were sure about how you wanted Finance then I think that'd be a whole different matter.

4)Ross is great in that they are strong in every single discipline so if you end up changing your mind you have options. I think the MAP program at Ross is awesome preparation for MBB and I think honestly the brand is actually better. And more global.

5) it's going to be a lot less expensive as well... I know that doesn't top the list but just one more thing. My client who just graduated from Stern is feeling kind of panicked about having to pay Theater District rent prices, when he's traveling all week and is really inclined to move back to DC.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com

Originally posted by MBAPrepCoach on 23 Dec 2017, 11:32.
Last edited by MBAPrepCoach on 23 Dec 2017, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for all the great feedback! It has been extremely helpful and informative. At this point, I think I am leaning towards Ross. Going into the application process, I said I wanted a program that had a strong community feel that I could really immerse myself in, and that would help me build great connections with my classmates. I think some of that got lost when I started hearing back from schools, but in the end, I need to make that a big part of my decision. I will update once I make a final decision, but it's feeling like Ross right now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Congratulations!
Here is a great post about Ross from 2016: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-vs-dard ... l#p1777448

Hope it helps with your decision and getting more details about Ross.

I one last question to anybody who might have some insight... which school would be tougher academically? I feel like a more strenuous program will help push and challenge me, and I'm the type of person that prefers that. Would love to hear how the academics stack up at these two schools.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts