Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Schools: Babson '20
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]
I don't know the cut off line of EA for most universities. Some people said 150, which means you are above that line so much. Not sure you ever took GMAT before but I guess you did. IR looks easy but actually it's not. Test takers must answer 2 or 3 sub-questions to score. So, the test shows that you are ready for further challenges in universities! Congrats!

NattySingh wrote:
fourleaf wrote:
NattySingh wrote:
Hi.. It was much easier than GMAT.. I got 172 score with Q15 V13 ir 14..

Hi NattySingh, thank you for sharing with us. Your score is the best one I can find so far. There are rare EA test takers and most of them may not share their experience over here. Anyway, congrats to you again. I guess your school will be happy to accept you!

I hope the colleges just see only the EA score but its the overall application which is considered for admission.. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Schools: Babson '20
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I agree. Congrats and good luck ahead!

fourleaf wrote:
I don't know the cut off line of EA for most universities. Some people said 150, which means you are above that line so much. Not sure you ever took GMAT before but I guess you did. IR looks easy but actually it's not. Test takers must answer 2 or 3 sub-questions to score. So, the test shows that you are ready for further challenges in universities! Congrats!

NattySingh wrote:
fourleaf wrote:
NattySingh wrote:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [2]
Given Kudos: 87
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
I had hard to time with this question - first it took me more than 3 minutes just the read the text as I could not comprehend it....Then I had difficulties with percentiles...I had it wrong for the third question. Official explanations are:

Using Height-for-age standards for boys aged 4 years 0 months, the 15th percentile in height is 99.0 cm. Thus, 15% of boys of this age are 99.0 cm tall or shorter. Note that the 3rd percentile in height for boys of this age is 95.4 cm, so 3% of boys of this age are at this height or shorter. Therefore, (15 − 3)%, or 12% of boys aged 4 years 0 months have heights greater than 95.4 cm and less than or equal to 99.0 cm. The proportion of boys of this age whose height is exactly 99.0 cm must therefore be less than or equal to 12%, so the indicated probability is also less than or equal to 12%.

The correct answer is No.

Using Height-for-age standards, the 3rd percentile in height for ages from 2 years 0 months through 5 years 0 months is at least 81.4 cm. This means that a boy from a model population whose height is 81.4 cm is shorter than at least 97% of boys his age. Thus, a boy who is 81 cm tall is shorter than at least 97% of boys his age and thus shorter than at least 95% of boys his age.

The correct answer is Yes.

Weight-for-height standards provide a weight distribution for boys 120 cm tall; in particular, 97% of boys at this height weigh more than 18 kg. But a randomly selected boy at this height could conceivably weigh much less than 18 kg. Moreover, even if the boy's weight were known, a percentile distribution of weight for boys age 2 years 6 months is lacking, so it is impossible to answer the question based on the information provided.

The correct answer is No.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I had EA today, the results were not great about 157, I say about because it was a strange situation - they did not give me a printout at the test center! Citing technical problems with a software so that they could not print it. Too bad, as I did not try to memorize and I do not recall breakdown by score - I did much better on Verbal and quite poorly on EA, but I don't remember how much. I indicated just one school with an idea to add another one later, so i don't know how it works - if I include another school in profile now, will that school receive a result? or it should be done before the exam (at registration)? If add a school now and register for the last one (only two attempts), will that newly added school get both results? I found that EA section of GMAC site is not user friendly - there is no contact option except for contacting pearson on registration and contacting GMAC for profile change... Would anyone shed light on it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
Erjan_S wrote:
I had EA today, the results were not great about 157, I say about because it was a strange situation - they did not give me a printout at the test center! Citing technical problems with a software so that they could not print it. Too bad, as I did not try to memorize and I do not recall breakdown by score - I did much better on Verbal and quite poorly on EA, but I don't remember how much. I indicated just one school with an idea to add another one later, so i don't know how it works - if I include another school in profile now, will that school receive a result? or it should be done before the exam (at registration)? If add a school now and register for the last one (only two attempts), will that newly added school get both results? I found that EA section of GMAC site is not user friendly - there is no contact option except for contacting pearson on registration and contacting GMAC for profile change... Would anyone shed light on it?

Dear Erjan,
I did the EA test yesterday and scored 147 , IR 7 - V9 , QUANT 11 , thanks for your support .... !
During your search for schools , did you find a ideal score ? I mean what is the average score and considered a good score for most schools ?

Best

Rafael
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
210902 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:

Dear Erjan,
I did the EA test yesterday and scored 147 , IR 7 - V9 , QUANT 11 , thanks for your support .... !
During your search for schools , did you find a ideal score ? I mean what is the average score and considered a good score for most schools ?

Best

Rafael

Dear Rafael,

While, the higher the score, the more ideal it is, I got the impression that 150 and above is sufficient, at least this year, as it is a new test. 147 is very close and should be ok, but it is better to check with admissions. Good luck with your application!

Regards,

Yerzhan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Thank you Yerzhan !

I wish you good luck :thumbup:

Erjan_S wrote:
210902 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:

Dear Erjan,

Best

Rafael

Dear Rafael,

While, the higher the score, the more ideal it is, I got the impression that 150 and above is sufficient, at least this year, as it is a new test. 147 is very close and should be ok, but it is better to check with admissions. Good luck with your application!

Regards,

Yerzhan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Dear "Erjan_S" how did you prepare for the EA? Thanks a lot.

Erjan_S wrote:
210902 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:

Dear Erjan,

Best

Rafael

Dear Rafael,

Regards,

Yerzhan
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
pinbos wrote:
Dear "Erjan_S" how did you prepare for the EA? Thanks a lot.

I acquired Official Executive Pack from EA and then additional pack for IR questions, the latter in my mind, was not much of a help for me..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I'm running short on study time. Can anyone tell me what math topics are not covered in the Executive Assessment that is covered on the GMAT? For example, I know geometry isn't covered. But are word problems asked on the EA? Is algebra stats, counting, and probability covered as well? I'm currently using Magoosh GMAT to study which has helped a lot. But I also have Manhattan Prep books, GMAC EA online resource and the GMAC GMAT book at my disposal. Any strategy suggestion for utilizing my study time would be appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Send PM
PaulSG wrote:
I'm running short on study time. Can anyone tell me what math topics are not covered in the Executive Assessment that is covered on the GMAT? For example, I know geometry isn't covered. But are word problems asked on the EA? Is algebra stats, counting, and probability covered as well? I'm currently using Magoosh GMAT to study which has helped a lot. But I also have Manhattan Prep books, GMAC EA online resource and the GMAC GMAT book at my disposal. Any strategy suggestion for utilizing my study time would be appreciated.

Hey, I believe that word problems are pretty much the same b/w GMAT and EA, but, EA is shorter, plus GMAT is computer adaptive, I can't recall whether EA is adaptive but adaptability should be a factor on what problems you encounter at least in GMAT (i.e. probability and combinatorics are considered as harder questions). If you check with official EA guide there are questions on word problems, sets, probability, combinatorics, etc.. And there are no geometry problems on EA official guide, so you're right with regard to geometry, good point, I did not realize it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Those who have taken EA or preparing for EA, can you provide the resources you are following? Especially for IR section. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I have 7 years of experience and all 7 years as Quality Assurance Analyst in IT. Will Executive Assessmnet will be suitable for me?
As very few colleges accepts EA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Booth (I)
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Hello, anyone who got admitted to a good program with a score less than 150 in EA? Please share your experience with us. Others who scored over 150, what was your experience with the admission process?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hey everyone. Is anyone currently using the EA online prep package(w/ questions) and can refer to how difficult they are compared to the actual EA test. Since its been 20 years since I have practiced such questions, I find them difficult!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
NattySingh wrote:

Hello GMATophiles, I took the EA last week. I scored 18(quant), 13 (verbal) and 18(IR) with a total score of 169. I see Natty Singh's score is 172 (congratulations btw) - higher than mine but lesser or equal scores in each category. How is this rated? As more people take the test are the scores being normalised? Or since it is batch difficulty based, easier questions if answered contribute differently to the scores?
Anyway EA has very litte information on the website and the online chat or the GMAC telephone service are not helpful. No percentiles makes any interpretation non meaningful.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
I have scored 157 (IR-14, V-9, Q-14), dear experts please help if this score in acceptable limit for MIT Sloan fellow. My GMAT score is 640( Q-49, V-28), so please advice whether I should use executive assessment score or GMAT score.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts