It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 00:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Science (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User
GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2017, 10:40
The Executive assessment has been in market for a year now and yet there is no new information available anywhere since its release last year.

Can anyone who has either taken EA or is preparing for EA share their strategies?

I am in particular curious about Integrated Reasoning section as it is counted towards final score or for deciding the difficulty level of the next section. It is impossible, at least as far as I know, to finish all 12 questions in 30 minutes so how are people approaching this section? Any insights on this will be greatly appreciated.

Richa

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Kudos [?]: 138 [1], given: 3

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2017, 21:09
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
loginricha wrote:
The Executive assessment has been in market for a year now and yet there is no new information available anywhere since its release last year.

Can anyone who has either taken EA or is preparing for EA share their strategies?

I am in particular curious about Integrated Reasoning section as it is counted towards final score or for deciding the difficulty level of the next section. It is impossible, at least as far as I know, to finish all 12 questions in 30 minutes so how are people approaching this section? Any insights on this will be greatly appreciated.

Richa

Richa,

The Executive Assessment is a great test that has received positive feedback so far. Yet it does require an adjustment and a specific strategy. If you are interested in support, we offer Executive Assessment tutoring and I would be happy to tell you more about that process.

Good luck!

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2017, 13:49
This post was
BOOKMARKED
loginricha wrote:

Richa

Further to my earlier post, I took my Executive Assessment today. I scored 160 with following breakdown - IR 14, Verbal 13, and Quant 13. I am not sure if the score is good or bad. I am applying to LBS EMBA London programme - September, 2017 intake. I was told their last intake had an average EA score of 150.

As for the exam itself, here is my experience.

Preparation:
I have been preparing for GMAT for about a year but due to new job responsibilities, I decided to take the EA instead. As I always intend to apply for EMBA, it does not make a difference to the admission eligibility. However, I was worried as the EA score calculation includes the IR section. During my GMAT preparation, I never paid close attention to this section and had been consistently scoring low during my practice test. In EA, it not only is included as it is the first section of the test, but also decides the difficulty level of the next section. So it was important to do well in this section.

I took Manhattan GMAT prep course during the initial phase to preparation (back when I was preparing for GMAT). While the course is quite good to prepare for Verbal and quant section, their Integrated reasoning section is not much help. I used eGMAT Integrated Reasoning online course. It is a great course. The IR section uses the same concept as quant and verbal section, however the questions are phrased very differently. At beginning, it was quite hard for me to finish 12 IR questions in 30 minutes. Manhattan prep course advise you to skip 2-3 questions (to be fair, the section is not counted towards final score in GMAT). The eGMAT course takes you through each question type very slowly which is very useful. The IR questions usually have a lot of information. The trick to get better in IR is to calm down, read the information and the question properly and understand what is being asked - Slow down to be fast and accurate. Getting used to different question types also helped.

Test:
The test is structured in 3 sections of 30 minutes each. The last two sections, Verbal and Quant, are further divided into 2 subsections each (7 question in each subs ection). There are no breaks. You can go back to questions and change your answer within the subsection. You can flag the questions for review later. At the end of each subsection, you will see a review screen. You can navigate to the flagged questions at that time. If you choose to end the review session for a particular subsection, you will not be able to go back to the subsection again. The adaptive scoring works differently for EA: the difficulty level of the subsection (not question) is decided upon the result of previous subsection.

- Section 1: Integrated Reasoning. It consists of 12 questions to be done in 30 minutes. It is identical to the GMAT IR section.

- Section 2: Verbal. The first subsection has 7 questions. I got hard subsection during the test. As I am not a native English speaker, I think I did poorly in this one. After I finished the first subsection, I got the review screen and I tried going back to the questions I had flagged only to realize that I am borrowing time from the next verbal subsection. So I made a choice to let go and end the subsection (which is done by ending the review section). I was presented with second subsection consisting of 7 more verbal questions. The second subsection was easier so I could still finish in time.

- Section 3: Quant. Quant section again had two subsections with 7 questions in each subsetion. I learnt from my past mistake and did not flag any questions in the first subsection. Quant is my strength (too bad it was not the second section of the test). The questions were fairly easy. I finished the first section (7 questions) in 10 minutes. The second subsection was slightly more tricky. I flagged few questions and went back to them at the end.

Tips:
Here are my lessons learnt:
- Invest the time in the question upfront. Even though you are allowed to go back to the question later, it does not help. You would have limited time in the end to go back to the question but you would need to re-acquaint yourself with the question and the choices. In the time pressure environment, you will not get any new brain wave in few seconds afterwards. Make a choice and move on.
- Spending slightly more time in first subsection might be beneficial but make sure you have enough time to finish both subsection.
- I tried going back to the previous screen using the previous button on the screen. It ended up giving me error during the test. I lost an entire minute by the time the examiner came down (try scrolling up and down the whole screen, if you get an error).

Good luck!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2017, 06:38
Hi

Planning to take my EA in the new few weeks.
Had a specific question on the EA Integrated reasoning section
1. Are there 12 different tables/sets of data with 2-3 sub-questions for each set of data? Or are there fewer sets of data (for e.g. 4-5) and each having say 2-3 sub-questions that make up the total of 12?

Cheers

loginricha wrote:
loginricha wrote:

Richa

Further to my earlier post, I took my Executive Assessment today. I scored 160 with following breakdown - IR 14, Verbal 13, and Quant 13. I am not sure if the score is good or bad. I am applying to LBS EMBA London programme - September, 2017 intake. I was told their last intake had an average EA score of 150.

As for the exam itself, here is my experience.

Preparation:
I have been preparing for GMAT for about a year but due to new job responsibilities, I decided to take the EA instead. As I always intend to apply for EMBA, it does not make a difference to the admission eligibility. However, I was worried as the EA score calculation includes the IR section. During my GMAT preparation, I never paid close attention to this section and had been consistently scoring low during my practice test. In EA, it not only is included as it is the first section of the test, but also decides the difficulty level of the next section. So it was important to do well in this section.

I took Manhattan GMAT prep course during the initial phase to preparation (back when I was preparing for GMAT). While the course is quite good to prepare for Verbal and quant section, their Integrated reasoning section is not much help. I used eGMAT Integrated Reasoning online course. It is a great course. The IR section uses the same concept as quant and verbal section, however the questions are phrased very differently. At beginning, it was quite hard for me to finish 12 IR questions in 30 minutes. Manhattan prep course advise you to skip 2-3 questions (to be fair, the section is not counted towards final score in GMAT). The eGMAT course takes you through each question type very slowly which is very useful. The IR questions usually have a lot of information. The trick to get better in IR is to calm down, read the information and the question properly and understand what is being asked - Slow down to be fast and accurate. Getting used to different question types also helped.

Test:
The test is structured in 3 sections of 30 minutes each. The last two sections, Verbal and Quant, are further divided into 2 subsections each (7 question in each subs ection). There are no breaks. You can go back to questions and change your answer within the subsection. You can flag the questions for review later. At the end of each subsection, you will see a review screen. You can navigate to the flagged questions at that time. If you choose to end the review session for a particular subsection, you will not be able to go back to the subsection again. The adaptive scoring works differently for EA: the difficulty level of the subsection (not question) is decided upon the result of previous subsection.

- Section 1: Integrated Reasoning. It consists of 12 questions to be done in 30 minutes. It is identical to the GMAT IR section.

- Section 2: Verbal. The first subsection has 7 questions. I got hard subsection during the test. As I am not a native English speaker, I think I did poorly in this one. After I finished the first subsection, I got the review screen and I tried going back to the questions I had flagged only to realize that I am borrowing time from the next verbal subsection. So I made a choice to let go and end the subsection (which is done by ending the review section). I was presented with second subsection consisting of 7 more verbal questions. The second subsection was easier so I could still finish in time.

- Section 3: Quant. Quant section again had two subsections with 7 questions in each subsetion. I learnt from my past mistake and did not flag any questions in the first subsection. Quant is my strength (too bad it was not the second section of the test). The questions were fairly easy. I finished the first section (7 questions) in 10 minutes. The second subsection was slightly more tricky. I flagged few questions and went back to them at the end.

Tips:
Here are my lessons learnt:
- Invest the time in the question upfront. Even though you are allowed to go back to the question later, it does not help. You would have limited time in the end to go back to the question but you would need to re-acquaint yourself with the question and the choices. In the time pressure environment, you will not get any new brain wave in few seconds afterwards. Make a choice and move on.
- Spending slightly more time in first subsection might be beneficial but make sure you have enough time to finish both subsection.
- I tried going back to the previous screen using the previous button on the screen. It ended up giving me error during the test. I lost an entire minute by the time the examiner came down (try scrolling up and down the whole screen, if you get an error).

Good luck!

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2017, 05:46
Hi

Apologies for disappearing. Since I didn't get much response to my post, I stopped checking in the GMAT club forum after my EA. If you have not still taken the exam and for other candidates with similar doubt: There are 12 different data sets/tables with 23 sub-questions for each data set which make it very time constrained and stressful section.

ronw4uhere wrote:
Hi

Planning to take my EA in the new few weeks.
Had a specific question on the EA Integrated reasoning section
1. Are there 12 different tables/sets of data with 2-3 sub-questions for each set of data? Or are there fewer sets of data (for e.g. 4-5) and each having say 2-3 sub-questions that make up the total of 12?

Cheers

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2017, 13:27
Hi Richa

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2017, 13:40
Can u tell me what tools did u use to prepare for the EA

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 68

Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: LBS
GPA: 3.82
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 00:19
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I just took EA and scored 161 ; with the breakup - IR 12, Verbal 15 and Quant 14; Not sure how good or bad the score is , given there isn't any percentile ranking.

anyone has views?

--

Consider +1 Kudos if you find my post useful

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 06:15
This post received
KUDOS
rockthegmat007 wrote:
I just took EA and scored 161 ; with the breakup - IR 12, Verbal 15 and Quant 14; Not sure how good or bad the score is , given there isn't any percentile ranking.

anyone has views?

Excellent! Seems like above 150 is considered very good. When I contacted GMAC they told me 150 is the 64th percentile. I would think a 160 is significantly higher since the scale only goes up to 200. What I dislike about the GMAC EA practice tools is that they do not include percentile ranges or scores on the 200 point scale. It’s very hard to understand where one is.

What schools do you plan to apply to? I’d suggest contacting adcoms and discussing your score.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 68

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 07:43
JW421 wrote:
rockthegmat007 wrote:

anyone has views?

Excellent! Seems like above 150 is considered very good. When I contacted GMAC they told me 150 is the 64th percentile. I would think a 160 is significantly higher since the scale only goes up to 200. What I dislike about the GMAC EA practice tools is that they do not include percentile ranges or scores on the 200 point scale. It’s very hard to understand where one is.

What schools do you plan to apply to? I’d suggest contacting adcoms and discussing your score.

Yeah, I'm writing to the ad-coms of Booth & LBS; there aren't many schools yet which can consider EA though :)

--

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 68

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 08:09
That’s excellent. And true, though I have heard from Fuqua they’ll be accepting the EA beginning this year. They haven’t updated their site, or been added to GMAC’s yet.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 18

sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 08:38
Hi Richa,
congrats for the score.
can you please share a break up of Verbal questions which you faced in EA?

How many SC, CR and RC??

Thanks

Thanks
71 tough IR questions218-ds-questions-for-practice
awa-ppt-the-best-resource-for-gmat
new-critical-reasoning-super-megathread-updated

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 18

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 08:51
This post received
KUDOS
i am happy to respond before Richa does,

I think i got one large passage RC, with 4 questions, and about 5 CR and 5 SC.

mbaaspirant80 wrote:
Hi Richa,
congrats for the score.
can you please share a break up of Verbal questions which you faced in EA?

How many SC, CR and RC??

Thanks

--

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 23:22
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
It is a new test so there is less data out there. That said, we provide 1:1 private tutoring so email me if you are interested. I recently got someone into LBS as well with a couple others in the works.

A 150+ is a comfortable score for most schools. This doesn't mean it is amazing so the higher the better, but 150 is a cutoff. For instance at Columbia a client of mine got in with a 150 and CBS and LBS have similar standards in terms of #s, with CBS being a bit higher in some cases.

Good luck!

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 25

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2017, 22:05
Hi! Is problem solving and data sufficiency easier in terms of math in comparison to GMAT?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 04:53
My colleague gave a test last week with out much preparation.. Score 152.. Q12 v8 IR 12. How good is the score. As per him verbal was tough .. How should I prepare for verbal for my test .. Any /all feedback would be appreciated..thanks

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 04:55
I have booked my test on 4th in Mumbai...

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 10:54
NattySingh wrote:
I have booked my test on 4th in Mumbai...

Hi NattySingh, how was your EA test on 4th in Mumbai? Was it similar to GMAT? or was it easier than GMAT? Thank you~

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 20:21
Hi.. It was much easier than GMAT.. I got 172 score with Q15 V13 ir 14..

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 00:25
NattySingh wrote:
Hi.. It was much easier than GMAT.. I got 172 score with Q15 V13 ir 14..

Great result! What was your GMAT score in the past or preparation mode?

Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2017, 00:25

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 26 posts ] 

GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap