GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 25 May 2018, 21:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jun 2015
Posts: 61
Location: Malaysia
Schools: Babson '20
GPA: 3.6
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 01:18
Erjan_S wrote:
NattySingh wrote:
Hi.. It was much easier than GMAT.. I got 172 score with Q15 V13 ir 14..

Great score!! How was IR in the test — same as GMAT or easier ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Posts: 71
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 10:20
NattySingh wrote:
Hi.. It was much easier than GMAT.. I got 172 score with Q15 V13 ir 14..


Hi NattySingh, thank you for sharing with us. Your score is the best one I can find so far. There are rare EA test takers and most of them may not share their experience over here. Anyway, congrats to you again. I guess your school will be happy to accept you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Oct 2017
Posts: 27
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 00:47
fourleaf wrote:
NattySingh wrote:
Hi.. It was much easier than GMAT.. I got 172 score with Q15 V13 ir 14..


Hi NattySingh, thank you for sharing with us. Your score is the best one I can find so far. There are rare EA test takers and most of them may not share their experience over here. Anyway, congrats to you again. I guess your school will be happy to accept you!

I hope the colleges just see only the EA score but its the overall application which is considered for admission.. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed...
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Posts: 71
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 10:03
I don't know the cut off line of EA for most universities. Some people said 150, which means you are above that line so much. Not sure you ever took GMAT before but I guess you did. IR looks easy but actually it's not. Test takers must answer 2 or 3 sub-questions to score. So, the test shows that you are ready for further challenges in universities! Congrats!

NattySingh wrote:
fourleaf wrote:
NattySingh wrote:
Hi.. It was much easier than GMAT.. I got 172 score with Q15 V13 ir 14..


Hi NattySingh, thank you for sharing with us. Your score is the best one I can find so far. There are rare EA test takers and most of them may not share their experience over here. Anyway, congrats to you again. I guess your school will be happy to accept you!

I hope the colleges just see only the EA score but its the overall application which is considered for admission.. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed...
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jun 2015
Posts: 61
Location: Malaysia
Schools: Babson '20
GPA: 3.6
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 18:39
I agree. Congrats and good luck ahead!

fourleaf wrote:
I don't know the cut off line of EA for most universities. Some people said 150, which means you are above that line so much. Not sure you ever took GMAT before but I guess you did. IR looks easy but actually it's not. Test takers must answer 2 or 3 sub-questions to score. So, the test shows that you are ready for further challenges in universities! Congrats!


NattySingh wrote:
fourleaf wrote:
NattySingh wrote:
Hi.. It was much easier than GMAT.. I got 172 score with Q15 V13 ir 14..
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 08:05
1
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I had hard to time with this question - first it took me more than 3 minutes just the read the text as I could not comprehend it....Then I had difficulties with percentiles...I had it wrong for the third question. Official explanations are:

Using Height-for-age standards for boys aged 4 years 0 months, the 15th percentile in height is 99.0 cm. Thus, 15% of boys of this age are 99.0 cm tall or shorter. Note that the 3rd percentile in height for boys of this age is 95.4 cm, so 3% of boys of this age are at this height or shorter. Therefore, (15 − 3)%, or 12% of boys aged 4 years 0 months have heights greater than 95.4 cm and less than or equal to 99.0 cm. The proportion of boys of this age whose height is exactly 99.0 cm must therefore be less than or equal to 12%, so the indicated probability is also less than or equal to 12%.

The correct answer is No.

Using Height-for-age standards, the 3rd percentile in height for ages from 2 years 0 months through 5 years 0 months is at least 81.4 cm. This means that a boy from a model population whose height is 81.4 cm is shorter than at least 97% of boys his age. Thus, a boy who is 81 cm tall is shorter than at least 97% of boys his age and thus shorter than at least 95% of boys his age.

The correct answer is Yes.

Weight-for-height standards provide a weight distribution for boys 120 cm tall; in particular, 97% of boys at this height weigh more than 18 kg. But a randomly selected boy at this height could conceivably weigh much less than 18 kg. Moreover, even if the boy's weight were known, a percentile distribution of weight for boys age 2 years 6 months is lacking, so it is impossible to answer the question based on the information provided.

The correct answer is No.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 02:48
1
This post received
KUDOS
I had EA today, the results were not great about 157, I say about because it was a strange situation - they did not give me a printout at the test center! Citing technical problems with a software so that they could not print it. Too bad, as I did not try to memorize and I do not recall breakdown by score - I did much better on Verbal and quite poorly on EA, but I don't remember how much. I indicated just one school with an idea to add another one later, so i don't know how it works - if I include another school in profile now, will that school receive a result? or it should be done before the exam (at registration)? If add a school now and register for the last one (only two attempts), will that newly added school get both results? I found that EA section of GMAC site is not user friendly - there is no contact option except for contacting pearson on registration and contacting GMAC for profile change... Would anyone shed light on it?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2012
Posts: 2
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 12:16
2
This post received
KUDOS
Erjan_S wrote:
I had EA today, the results were not great about 157, I say about because it was a strange situation - they did not give me a printout at the test center! Citing technical problems with a software so that they could not print it. Too bad, as I did not try to memorize and I do not recall breakdown by score - I did much better on Verbal and quite poorly on EA, but I don't remember how much. I indicated just one school with an idea to add another one later, so i don't know how it works - if I include another school in profile now, will that school receive a result? or it should be done before the exam (at registration)? If add a school now and register for the last one (only two attempts), will that newly added school get both results? I found that EA section of GMAC site is not user friendly - there is no contact option except for contacting pearson on registration and contacting GMAC for profile change... Would anyone shed light on it?



Dear Erjan,
I did the EA test yesterday and scored 147 , IR 7 - V9 , QUANT 11 , thanks for your support .... !
During your search for schools , did you find a ideal score ? I mean what is the average score and considered a good score for most schools ?

Best

Rafael
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 02:21
2
This post received
KUDOS
210902 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:
I had EA today, the results were not great about 157, I say about because it was a strange situation - they did not give me a printout at the test center! Citing technical problems with a software so that they could not print it. Too bad, as I did not try to memorize and I do not recall breakdown by score - I did much better on Verbal and quite poorly on EA, but I don't remember how much. I indicated just one school with an idea to add another one later, so i don't know how it works - if I include another school in profile now, will that school receive a result? or it should be done before the exam (at registration)? If add a school now and register for the last one (only two attempts), will that newly added school get both results? I found that EA section of GMAC site is not user friendly - there is no contact option except for contacting pearson on registration and contacting GMAC for profile change... Would anyone shed light on it?



Dear Erjan,
I did the EA test yesterday and scored 147 , IR 7 - V9 , QUANT 11 , thanks for your support .... !
During your search for schools , did you find a ideal score ? I mean what is the average score and considered a good score for most schools ?

Best

Rafael


Dear Rafael,

While, the higher the score, the more ideal it is, I got the impression that 150 and above is sufficient, at least this year, as it is a new test. 147 is very close and should be ok, but it is better to check with admissions. Good luck with your application!


Regards,

Yerzhan
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2012
Posts: 2
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 05:31
Thank you Yerzhan !

I wish you good luck :thumbup:

Erjan_S wrote:
210902 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:
I had EA today, the results were not great about 157, I say about because it was a strange situation - they did not give me a printout at the test center! Citing technical problems with a software so that they could not print it. Too bad, as I did not try to memorize and I do not recall breakdown by score - I did much better on Verbal and quite poorly on EA, but I don't remember how much. I indicated just one school with an idea to add another one later, so i don't know how it works - if I include another school in profile now, will that school receive a result? or it should be done before the exam (at registration)? If add a school now and register for the last one (only two attempts), will that newly added school get both results? I found that EA section of GMAC site is not user friendly - there is no contact option except for contacting pearson on registration and contacting GMAC for profile change... Would anyone shed light on it?



Dear Erjan,
I did the EA test yesterday and scored 147 , IR 7 - V9 , QUANT 11 , thanks for your support .... !
During your search for schools , did you find a ideal score ? I mean what is the average score and considered a good score for most schools ?

Best

Rafael


Dear Rafael,

While, the higher the score, the more ideal it is, I got the impression that 150 and above is sufficient, at least this year, as it is a new test. 147 is very close and should be ok, but it is better to check with admissions. Good luck with your application!


Regards,

Yerzhan
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 15:06
Dear "Erjan_S" how did you prepare for the EA? Thanks a lot.

Erjan_S wrote:
210902 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:
I had EA today, the results were not great about 157, I say about because it was a strange situation - they did not give me a printout at the test center! Citing technical problems with a software so that they could not print it. Too bad, as I did not try to memorize and I do not recall breakdown by score - I did much better on Verbal and quite poorly on EA, but I don't remember how much. I indicated just one school with an idea to add another one later, so i don't know how it works - if I include another school in profile now, will that school receive a result? or it should be done before the exam (at registration)? If add a school now and register for the last one (only two attempts), will that newly added school get both results? I found that EA section of GMAC site is not user friendly - there is no contact option except for contacting pearson on registration and contacting GMAC for profile change... Would anyone shed light on it?



Dear Erjan,
I did the EA test yesterday and scored 147 , IR 7 - V9 , QUANT 11 , thanks for your support .... !
During your search for schools , did you find a ideal score ? I mean what is the average score and considered a good score for most schools ?

Best

Rafael


Dear Rafael,

While, the higher the score, the more ideal it is, I got the impression that 150 and above is sufficient, at least this year, as it is a new test. 147 is very close and should be ok, but it is better to check with admissions. Good luck with your application!


Regards,

Yerzhan
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 16:35
1
This post received
KUDOS
pinbos wrote:
Dear "Erjan_S" how did you prepare for the EA? Thanks a lot.



I acquired Official Executive Pack from EA and then additional pack for IR questions, the latter in my mind, was not much of a help for me..
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Aug 2015
Posts: 10
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 05:02
I'm running short on study time. Can anyone tell me what math topics are not covered in the Executive Assessment that is covered on the GMAT? For example, I know geometry isn't covered. But are word problems asked on the EA? Is algebra stats, counting, and probability covered as well? I'm currently using Magoosh GMAT to study which has helped a lot. But I also have Manhattan Prep books, GMAC EA online resource and the GMAC GMAT book at my disposal. Any strategy suggestion for utilizing my study time would be appreciated.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 23:14
PaulSG wrote:
I'm running short on study time. Can anyone tell me what math topics are not covered in the Executive Assessment that is covered on the GMAT? For example, I know geometry isn't covered. But are word problems asked on the EA? Is algebra stats, counting, and probability covered as well? I'm currently using Magoosh GMAT to study which has helped a lot. But I also have Manhattan Prep books, GMAC EA online resource and the GMAC GMAT book at my disposal. Any strategy suggestion for utilizing my study time would be appreciated.

Hey, I believe that word problems are pretty much the same b/w GMAT and EA, but, EA is shorter, plus GMAT is computer adaptive, I can't recall whether EA is adaptive but adaptability should be a factor on what problems you encounter at least in GMAT (i.e. probability and combinatorics are considered as harder questions). If you check with official EA guide there are questions on word problems, sets, probability, combinatorics, etc.. And there are no geometry problems on EA official guide, so you're right with regard to geometry, good point, I did not realize it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2018, 23:34
Those who have taken EA or preparing for EA, can you provide the resources you are following? Especially for IR section. Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 03:57
I have 7 years of experience and all 7 years as Quality Assurance Analyst in IT. Will Executive Assessmnet will be suitable for me?
As very few colleges accepts EA.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2017
Posts: 2
Location: United States (DE)
Schools: Booth (I)
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.63
CAT Tests
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2018, 11:26
Hello, anyone who got admitted to a good program with a score less than 150 in EA? Please share your experience with us. Others who scored over 150, what was your experience with the admission process?
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2018, 11:26

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 37 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.