GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 20:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
ARLee Consulting
S
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 10:49
Hi veerpalsingh,

I believe you'll be better off using your EA score, as most schools consider +150 to be an acceptable score.

I hope this helps.

Good luck
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +52 1 55 2702 0059
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: http://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Please, email us your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.55
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 03:36
niran101 wrote:
NattySingh wrote:
Hi.. It was much easier than GMAT.. I got 172 score with Q15 V13 ir 14..

Hello GMATophiles, I took the EA last week. I scored 18(quant), 13 (verbal) and 18(IR) with a total score of 169. I see Natty Singh's score is 172 (congratulations btw) - higher than mine but lesser or equal scores in each category. How is this rated? As more people take the test are the scores being normalised? Or since it is batch difficulty based, easier questions if answered contribute differently to the scores?
Anyway EA has very litte information on the website and the online chat or the GMAC telephone service are not helpful. No percentiles makes any interpretation non meaningful.

one of the users of the forum requested for more info on PM. I am posting here for everyones consumption.

heylo all, the qbank on the official site are more or less the same type of questions you will get on the test.
Any good GMAT course is good to follow. there are clear areas that are in GMAT but not in EA. like advanced geometry and distribution (this is also part of EA official site data).
I did write GMAT earlier but the score is so standardised that people (admission staff) compare it and judge very quickly. 720 is better than 700 but is very poor compared to say 750.
EA that way has no such issues. it is used more or less like a entry barrier. more than 150 is good. they wont care about the score above that. below 150 makes the job of convincing them harder.

As i have mentioned in my previous post, EA is not yet fully standardised. Some people get easier chunk of questions and some get tougher. your score is not a representative of your %age of correct answers.

Best wishes on your EA and hope you get into the school you want to.

The response from EA is as follows:
---------------
GMAC is still in the process of establishing an official norm of EA takers, based on tests taken to date, EA Total score of 150 is about 64th percentile of the test population. We don’t publish percentiles or results analyses because the EA is designed to be a tool to gauge readiness and that makes it different from the GMAT.

Please keep in mind, the reporting scales of EA exam for IR, V, and Q, sections are not a simple reflection on % of correctly answered questions. Each scale of EA section score is constructed based on a standardized posterior distribution conditional on the difficulty of the specific question sets administered to each test taker (note that each test takers see different sets of items depending on their performance in previous sections) and is independent from each other and from the scaled of EA Total, which is, not of a percent of correctly answered questions. The scoring is done using on a stochastic solution searching called the maximum likelihood estimation (MLE) which is applied to the underlying probability model called the item response theory (IRT).

For more basic information about IRT and MLE, you can refer to
http://edres.org/irt/baker/final.pdf and http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MaximumLikelihood.html.

If you require understanding of your performance level is appropriate, you are advised to contact your preferred school for further discussion.
----------------
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA &nbs [#permalink] 03 Sep 2018, 03:36

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 42 posts ] 

GMAC Executive Assessment for EMBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap