Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 21:04 It is currently 04 May 2024, 21:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2018 Intake)Class of 2021 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Have any R4 applicants received an interview invite yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 600 Q50 V23
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2018 Intake)Class of 2021 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
HopefulBruin wrote:

Would love to know this as well.

I haven't heard of anything. The waiting is killing me, especially after hearing a lot of people on this thread reporting that they at least got something from USC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 360 Q17 V21
GMAT 2: 540 Q35 V30
GPA: 2.71
WE:Human Resources (Education)
Send PM
yifuqiao wrote:
HopefulBruin wrote:

I haven't heard of anything. The waiting is killing me, especially after hearing a lot of people on this thread reporting that they at least got something from USC.

I was admitted a few weeks ago and got my packet yesterday. Planning to decline before the deadline and re-apply to FT for next year. Hopefully that opens it up for one of you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
yifuqiao wrote:
HopefulBruin wrote:

I applied April 30th and got an email on May 10th scheduling the interview. I just had the interview today and they said I could hear back anytime from Tuesday (May 29th) to the end of the deadline (June 15).

Hope this helps & good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the call this morning. I’m in!

Round 4
Interviewed 5/21

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to you all.
Thanks a lot for contributing to the thread.

I am starting to lose faith, sigh.

I guess I might as start preparing for the class of 2019. There is an information session on 5/29, which I will be on campus for.
Let me say hi to you if anyone is coming.

Yifu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
So I had an interesting conversation with someone from adcom yesterday.... I was informed that I could get a decision "any day now", but that "the absolute latest would be June 14"....... Mind you, this is after I spoke to them last week and they promised to call me with an update on the 23rd (they didn't) and so I made a call to them on the 24th to ask why nobody called me on the 23rd with an update, like they had promised.

As someone who applied in Round 3 (deadline for a decision was May 15) , I feel that this is a red flag. Either they are stalling me while they wait for other applicants to accept/deny their decisions or they really do not have their act together.

Wanted to get someone else's thoughts on this because something doesn't feel right here.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
adowney8 wrote:
So I had an interesting conversation with someone from adcom yesterday.... I was informed that I could get a decision "any day now", but that "the absolute latest would be June 14"....... Mind you, this is after I spoke to them last week and they promised to call me with an update on the 23rd (they didn't) and so I made a call to them on the 24th to ask why nobody called me on the 23rd with an update, like they had promised.

As someone who applied in Round 3 (deadline for a decision was May 15) , I feel that this is a red flag. Either they are stalling me while they wait for other applicants to accept/deny their decisions or they really do not have their act together.

Wanted to get someone else's thoughts on this because something doesn't feel right here.

If it makes you feel better, I applied on the very last day for Round 2, which obviously made my interview date occur on the absolute last day. I was told they would contact me in 2 weeks. I think I got a call like 17 days later, so don't lose hope!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
jsmallwood82 wrote:
adowney8 wrote:

If it makes you feel better, I applied on the very last day for Round 2, which obviously made my interview date occur on the absolute last day. I was told they would contact me in 2 weeks. I think I got a call like 17 days later, so don't lose hope!

I am a R3 applicant still waiting as well. I hope we hear back sooner than later.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys! I applied in R4, haven’t gotten an actual interview invite. But received an email requesting to set up a phone conversation because adcom “reviewed my app and believe I have a strong profile. To expedite the admissions process, they would like a brief phone conversation.”

Anyone received this or had similar experience? Any feedback is appreciated!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Kudos
I received the same email on Friday! I sent them my availability and am waiting to hear back. I took the "strong profile" comment as a promising sign!

I can let you know how the call went if you're interested :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
HopefulBruin wrote:
I received the same email on Friday! I sent them my availability and am waiting to hear back. I took the "strong profile" comment as a promising sign!

I can let you know how the call went if you're interested :)

That’s awesome! Haha, me too.. hoping it’s a positive outcome. Will keep you updated too :) Thanks!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 360 Q17 V21
GMAT 2: 540 Q35 V30
GPA: 2.71
WE:Human Resources (Education)
Send PM
Officially declined my acceptance , hope this opens it up for one of you!

Originally posted by sbk91 on 29 May 2018, 21:43.
Last edited by sbk91 on 30 May 2018, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sbk91 wrote:
Officially declined, hope this opens it up for one of you!

I am sure something better is waiting for you in the future.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
username88 wrote:
yifuqiao wrote:
HopefulBruin wrote:

I applied April 30th and got an email on May 10th scheduling the interview. I just had the interview today and they said I could hear back anytime from Tuesday (May 29th) to the end of the deadline (June 15).

Hope this helps & good luck!

Just got accepted! Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the insight in the meantime!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
does everyone get an invite to interview? Or can they accept an application w/o an interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Whipser2 wrote:
does everyone get an invite to interview? Or can they accept an application w/o an interview?

There have been rumblings of that happening before but its super super rare. That being said, I think if it gets to rolling admissions stage, it seems like all bets are off.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts