GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 19:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

USC Marshall MBA.PM (2018 Intake)Class of 2021 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 360 Q17 V21
GMAT 2: 540 Q35 V30
GPA: 2.71
WE: Human Resources (Education)
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2018 Intake)Class of 2021 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2018, 21:42
jsmallwood82 wrote:
Whipser2 wrote:
does everyone get an invite to interview? Or can they accept an application w/o an interview?

There have been rumblings of that happening before but its super super rare. That being said, I think if it gets to rolling admissions stage, it seems like all bets are off.

You can definitely be admitted w/o an interview. I didn’t interview and was admitted. There may still be hope!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2018 Intake)Class of 2021 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 02:22
Thank you for the nice and informative post!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 09:38
jsmallwood82 wrote:
adowney8 wrote:
So I had an interesting conversation with someone from adcom yesterday.... I was informed that I could get a decision "any day now", but that "the absolute latest would be June 14"....... Mind you, this is after I spoke to them last week and they promised to call me with an update on the 23rd (they didn't) and so I made a call to them on the 24th to ask why nobody called me on the 23rd with an update, like they had promised.

As someone who applied in Round 3 (deadline for a decision was May 15) , I feel that this is a red flag. Either they are stalling me while they wait for other applicants to accept/deny their decisions or they really do not have their act together.

Wanted to get someone else's thoughts on this because something doesn't feel right here.

If it makes you feel better, I applied on the very last day for Round 2, which obviously made my interview date occur on the absolute last day. I was told they would contact me in 2 weeks. I think I got a call like 17 days later, so don't lose hope!

Just wanted to provide an update to anyone who was curious, I got my acceptance email this morning!

Good luck to everyone!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.01

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 10:01
Accepted this morning! I didn't have an interview (just a brief phone chat), so hope is not lost for those still waiting. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q50 V23
GPA: 3.13

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 11:04
Hey, guys.
I am got acceptance email this morning!
I can't believe it!
No interview for me either, but I was super engaged in the whole process and constantly talking to admission people. I guess that helped a lot.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 11:07
Same here! Accepted today without an in person interview but a 10 minute phone chat last Friday. Good luck to all! :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 12:40
Congrats to all who were accepted this morning! :thumbup: Are you all R4 applicants?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.01

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 13:12
I was a R4 applicant. Good luck!

USC Marshall Thread Master
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 13:31
yifuqiao wrote:
Hey, guys.
I am got acceptance email this morning!
I can't believe it!
No interview for me either, but I was super engaged in the whole process and constantly talking to admission people. I guess that helped a lot.

I stand corrected. Congrats!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 14:48
letsdothis2018 wrote:
Congrats to all who were accepted this morning! :thumbup: Are you all R4 applicants?

Yes R4. Applied on 4/26. Good luck to you!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 16:27
helllo everyone

I recently found these threads and they have been helpful. So basically you can get in without an interview.

Those that received a call for small chat, how long was that and time in the day?

For those who interviewed, I noticed that some heard back within 3 days and others longer, is there a time frame you might hear back after an interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 17:15
userne wrote:
helllo everyone

I recently found these threads and they have been helpful. So basically you can get in without an interview.

Those that received a call for small chat, how long was that and time in the day?

For those who interviewed, I noticed that some heard back within 3 days and others longer, is there a time frame you might hear back after an interview?

It seems to be that everyone’s experience is largely different. For me, I waited two and half months before getting an offer.

I have a feeling that they expedited applications of strong applicants cuz of their status.

For the rest of less of the applicants, it just depends on how many spots left.

At this point, they are basically eliminating applicants who don’t accept their offer and filling in less competitive applicants.

I kept my communication with admission director very closely, and I told him I am flexible with class schedule and class location, which greatly accelerated my process.

I suggest you do the same, telling them you are flexible with schedule and location.

From my understanding, Orange County location is too popular, while LA campus seems to be still empty.

Class schedule wise, it seems no one wants to come to school on Saturday. So here I am, Saturday Core in LA campus, which is actually my preferred combo.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 17:42
thanks for the info!

Could it still take 2 months since deadline notifications are by june 14th? by the way, did you have an interview and how long did you follow up again?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 18:03
userne wrote:
thanks for the info!

Could it still take 2 months since deadline notifications are by june 14th? by the way, did you have an interview and how long did you follow up again?

I am not sure if I fully understand your first question, but they are targeting to let EVERYONE know admission decision by 6/15.

I did not have an interview. However, from my understanding and based on my observation in the thread, prospective students either had an interview or at least had some kind of coffee chats with admission people. USC admissions use either to gauge your interest and engagement.

I submitted my application on 3/20, and I have been constantly emailing admission counselor for updates and meeting him in person since then.

On average, one conversation per week was how frequent our communication was.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 22:49
Sorry about that, my message got cut. You answered my question, I was wondering about the last day for admissions decision

Since 6/15 is what they are aiming for then we might not have to wait 2 months (those of us who are still waiting)

(For some reason, I can't quote)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 12:00
yifuqiao

Do they only have Saturday LA classes available? Nothing during the week?
Intern
Intern
B
USC Marshall MBA.PM (2018 Intake)Class of 2021 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 12:09
Whipser2 wrote:
yifuqiao

Do they only have Saturday LA classes available? Nothing during the week?

For first year, you have 3 options:
Monday and Wednesday
Tuesday and Thursday
Saturday

You also have 2 location choices:
Irvine
LA

After first year, second year and third year electives will be flexible and you will have opportunities to classes with full time students.

LA+Saturday seems to be least popular. I don’t know the availability of each combination though.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 16:30
any updates? the wait is eating me up

3 more days
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 01:18
Hi, I'd like to know if they let everyone, applying for the FT MBA program, know the result before 6/15? Thanks
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2018, 10:57
Anyone hears from the decision yet??
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2018 Intake)Class of 2021 Calling all applicants! &nbs [#permalink] 15 Jun 2018, 10:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 150 posts ] 

USC Marshall MBA.PM (2018 Intake)Class of 2021 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap