Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q163 V157
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
perenha wrote:
I didn’t receive the e-mail, but I’ve just checked on the portal that I was not selected for interview :(

Posted from my mobile device

oh no:( so sorry to hear that:( what do you think went wrong? Obviously it is not your experience...is it the essay or something else?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
jackjones wrote:
perenha wrote:
I didn’t receive the e-mail, but I’ve just checked on the portal that I was not selected for interview :(

oh no:( so sorry to hear that:( what do you think went wrong? Obviously it is not your experience...is it the essay or something else?

I also applied on R1 but did not get an interview invitation... :P

Also from Brazil, 11 years of experience at retail banking, five years as a manager, engineering graduate from a top school at Brazil, business adm post-grad, 162 on EA, 690 GMAT, 113 TOEFL, 324 GRE (I think I took all the possible tests rsrs). Got an invitation from IESE and still waiting on Duke.

The thing is that they try to diversify as much as possible the class composition, so a engineer, working at the financial market, male, has to compete in a bigger pool of applicants.

My girlfriend has a similar background but gladly received the invitation for the interview!

Good luck for all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
rafavargas wrote:
jackjones wrote:
perenha wrote:

I also applied on R1 but did not get an interview invitation... :P

Also from Brazil, 11 years of experience at retail banking, five years as a manager, engineering graduate from a top school at Brazil, business adm post-grad, 162 on EA, 690 GMAT, 113 TOEFL, 324 GRE (I think I took all the possible tests rsrs). Got an invitation from IESE and still waiting on Duke.

The thing is that they try to diversify as much as possible the class composition, so a engineer, working at the financial market, male, has to compete in a bigger pool of applicants.

My girlfriend has a similar background but gladly received the invitation for the interview!

Good luck for all!

oh man if you can't get an interview with this profile I am screwed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
GPA: 3
Send PM
Any updates from your interview experiences? For the candidates who already had their interviews..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V25
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
mitsfmba2020 wrote:
Any updates from your interview experiences? For the candidates who already had their interviews..

I've already done on Nov 7 in Japan.
Questions were quite simple and standard, lasted 20 min.
Interviewer was assistant dean.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Cryptalon wrote:
mitsfmba2020 wrote:

I've already done on Nov 7 in Japan.
Questions were quite simple and standard, lasted 20 min.
Interviewer was assistant dean.

Thank you, it is really good to have this information!
Congratulations to everyone invited for the interviews, and all the best for the interviews! I am confident that you will all do well...

Originally posted by mitsfmba2020 on 13 Nov 2018, 00:42.
Last edited by mitsfmba2020 on 20 Nov 2018, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.
School Moderator - Stanford MSx
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.77
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations to those invited to interview, best of luck...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi All, did anyone hear back after interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Leap2020 wrote:

I went through interview on Nov 7, but haven't received anything yet. How about other invited 1st rounds?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cryptalon wrote:
Leap2020 wrote:

I went through interview on Nov 7, but haven't received anything yet. How about other invited 1st rounds?

I did interview in Boston on 14th November. Also did class visit & interaction with students.

Interview was conversational. 30 minutes.

Fingers crossed now
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
same here ..still waiting after interview. finger crossed. do you know if feedback will come only on 17th of Dec or before that.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I am surprised that your interview went through in 20mins or 30mins. I did it just yesterday and it was on Skype (am living in West Africa) and it went over an hour! Apart from few questions based on my application and essay, the whole interview was bahavioral with questions focusing on different situations and how I behaved or how it impacted me. It was long but was fun to introspect live as I couldn't prepare for so many questions. There were times when I felt I was critiquing myself heavily but then it felt great to be transparent. How it went to the adcom member is a big question.

By the way I had to reschedule the interview due to a personal issue and they were cool about it.

Look forward to December 17 when they release the admissions list. Good luck to all who are yet to take the interview.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
niran101 wrote:
Hi, I am surprised that your interview went through in 20mins or 30mins. I did it just yesterday and it was on Skype (am living in West Africa) and it went over an hour! Apart from few questions based on my application and essay, the whole interview was bahavioral with questions focusing on different situations and how I behaved or how it impacted me. It was long but was fun to introspect live as I couldn't prepare for so many questions. There were times when I felt I was critiquing myself heavily but then it felt great to be transparent. How it went to the adcom member is a big question.

By the way I had to reschedule the interview due to a personal issue and they were cool about it.

Look forward to December 17 when they release the admissions list. Good luck to all who are yet to take the interview.

Who was your interviewer ?

Even mine was 40 minutes . Did interview in Boston with Katy.

Do you mind sharing your background ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ash2018 wrote:
niran101 wrote:

Who was your interviewer ?

Even mine was 40 minutes . Did interview in Boston with Katy.

Do you mind sharing your background ?

Good luck on the admission!
I have 14-15 years work ex in agri business working in SE Asia and West Africa in trading and general management. EA 169/GMAT720. Looking to move from being an intrapreneur to an entrepreneur.
Currently considering only MIT SFMBA. May be will apply for R2 stanford Sloan Fellows (not sure as their agriculture or farm based focus isnt so great) in Jan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LokeshBathija wrote:
Ash2018 wrote:
Any one interviewing in India ? Which are dates & location for R1?

I am interviewing in India. It's in Delhi on 21st November.

Best of luck for your interview.

Hello!

Any additional insights from your interview in India? Hopefully it went well!
My interview was about 20-25 mins, and reading to some other posts here I am quite worried if it was way too short...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mitsfmba2020 wrote:
LokeshBathija wrote:
Ash2018 wrote:
Any one interviewing in India ? Which are dates & location for R1?

Hello!

My interview was about 20-25 mins, and reading to some other posts here I am quite worried if it was way too short...

Same as me, and I’ve heard that all the 1st round applicants in Japan got the same length interview like you. I hope it helps you a bit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cryptalon wrote:
mitsfmba2020 wrote:
LokeshBathija wrote:

Hello!

Same as me, and I’ve heard that all the 1st round applicants in Japan got the same length interview like you. I hope it helps you a bit.

Thank you, it really helps to hear that! :)
It could perhaps be because of the relatively tight schedules during these interview sessions.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts