GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 02:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2019
Posts: 16
Location: Hong Kong
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2019, 02:39
1
Hadamard wrote:
Phew - made it in to the MSx program. I guess MIT R3 is crazy competitive.


Just joined the SF19 Slack group. There were already more than 100 fellows in the group. Guess R3 only admitted a few candidates.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jul 2018
Posts: 73
Location: United States
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2019, 03:18
1
Hadamard wrote:
Phew - made it in to the MSx program. I guess MIT R3 is crazy competitive.


Great news!! Very happy for you.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jul 2018
Posts: 73
Location: United States
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2019, 03:18
sloanfellowsapp wrote:
Hadamard wrote:
Phew - made it in to the MSx program. I guess MIT R3 is crazy competitive.


Just joined the SF19 Slack group. There were already more than 100 fellows in the group. Guess R3 only admitted a few candidates.

Posted from my mobile device


Not all of them are students.
Stanford MSx ThreadMaster
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2018
Posts: 73
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V56
GPA: 3.41
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2019, 05:28
When is the SF admit weekend?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jul 2018
Posts: 73
Location: United States
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2019, 13:32
Hadamard wrote:
When is the SF admit weekend?



It is a whole week w/c April 8.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2019
Posts: 2
Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 06:34
Probably must have been asked and answered somewhere in some form. But asking again for latest perspective -
Have a wife and daughter to support, Already have a MBA from FT under rank 30 school, Mid-Level Manager, Don't see my game strong for future.

For a self-sponsored candidate how easy is it to find a senior management job in the US? Any stats or experiences chatting to alums would help. Don't feel like investing $200K (with Visa being a lottery) in a program with no career support.

'A personal network that spans industries and oceans, enhanced skills and capabilities, and the confidence to lead and make a difference on a global scale' (the only sell on MIT website) - doesn't cut the chase as probably taking a risk on entrepreneurship (on a year's sabbatical) would get me more than that (given that I already have a MBA - albeit not a life changing one)

Probably need credible insights (and hence motivation) to apply for next year.
Stanford MSx ThreadMaster
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2018
Posts: 73
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V56
GPA: 3.41
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 15:48
avinashm wrote:
Probably must have been asked and answered somewhere in some form. But asking again for latest perspective -
Have a wife and daughter to support, Already have a MBA from FT under rank 30 school, Mid-Level Manager, Don't see my game strong for future.

For a self-sponsored candidate how easy is it to find a senior management job in the US? Any stats or experiences chatting to alums would help. Don't feel like investing $200K (with Visa being a lottery) in a program with no career support.

'A personal network that spans industries and oceans, enhanced skills and capabilities, and the confidence to lead and make a difference on a global scale' (the only sell on MIT website) - doesn't cut the chase as probably taking a risk on entrepreneurship (on a year's sabbatical) would get me more than that (given that I already have a MBA - albeit not a life changing one)

Probably need credible insights (and hence motivation) to apply for next year.


Do you have any network in the USA or will this be a cold-move?

Career services mentioned that there are three changes students make:
1) geography change
2) industry change
3) functional role change

Making one change post graduation is easier while changing all three is ridiculously hard.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2019
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 15:59
Hadamard wrote:
avinashm wrote:
Probably must have been asked and answered somewhere in some form. But asking again for latest perspective -
Have a wife and daughter to support, Already have a MBA from FT under rank 30 school, Mid-Level Manager, Don't see my game strong for future.

For a self-sponsored candidate how easy is it to find a senior management job in the US? Any stats or experiences chatting to alums would help. Don't feel like investing $200K (with Visa being a lottery) in a program with no career support.

'A personal network that spans industries and oceans, enhanced skills and capabilities, and the confidence to lead and make a difference on a global scale' (the only sell on MIT website) - doesn't cut the chase as probably taking a risk on entrepreneurship (on a year's sabbatical) would get me more than that (given that I already have a MBA - albeit not a life changing one)

Probably need credible insights (and hence motivation) to apply for next year.


Do you have any network in the USA or will this be a cold-move?

Career services mentioned that there are three changes students make:
1) geography change
2) industry change
3) functional role change

Making one change post graduation is easier while changing all three is ridiculously hard.

Posted from my mobile device


Have heard that before. It would be a cold move. But that point again is kinda BS. Geography is already changed when we spend an year in the country. Industry change is not necessarily needed. Functional role change - well at least that should happen else what's the use of such a costly, diverse and leading program - in fact it should be easier given we end up upgrading skills, tool sets, thinking process and leadership etc. Enough of my rant but just counting 3 things and making it look tough is lame. Program should have marketing, network, relationships, internship routes, competitions et al to make it possible. Guess it's more suitable for sponsored candidates.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 22 May 2019, 15:59

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   [ 248 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne