Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Most MBA programs have reported decrease in the MBA applications. Could this explain why these forums are unusually quiet? Is the appeal of this program decreasing?

I still think it is a great investment and provides lots of value in the long term.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q163 V157
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
I am also applying in R1 round. Based in Milan, Italy.

Are there applicants from Europe ?

Adcom was telling that interviews will be in November. Do they travel to Europe during R1 round ?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi All,
I am planning to apply in Round 1 and all I could be able to do till now is pay the registration fee.
I have shortlisted my Recommenders and talked to them....but I feel its too tight to complete the application by Oct 9th.

Anyone in the same boat?

Also, has any one requested an extension for Oct 9 Deadline?
Can we all request since we all need a little bit of extra time, like a week would suffice.

Kindly let me know if anyone has contacted admissions for extension?

-Good luck all!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Any round 1 applicants?
I believe the application deadline was today
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sloanitis wrote:
Any round 1 applicants?
I believe the application deadline was today

I didn't make the deadline. It will be R2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied in R1. submitted application yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Any idea about tentative interview dates ?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ash2018 wrote:
I applied in R1. submitted application yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Any idea about tentative interview dates ?

Thanks

You will hear from then soon.

How long did it take you to complete the Cover Letter and the Essay? How many revisions did you have to go through and did you exceed the word limit? I've read in the forum that exceeding the word count is not advisable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I followed the word limits.

For essays I did self reflection mentally for some days (say 15-20 days ) and then did drafting work in final week before deadline. ciao

Any other R1 applicant here ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re-applicant here, this year I applied in round 1

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good to see more people. Welcome Ceaser. lets hope for the best. Any other applicants ?

I received this reply from MIT. Anyone else received similar reply ?

Interview invitations will be sent on October 29th. All Round 1 applicants will receive either an interview invitation or final decision by the end of day. The interview is an important next step in our admissions process as we interview everyone who is admitted into our community. For Round 1 we plan to conduct interviews in approximately 15 cities, as well as on campus.If invited to interview, you can always decide to join us on campus for an interview. For those who come to campus for an interview, you may take advantage of our lunch and class visit program hosted by current Sloan Fellows MBA students.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V25
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I've also applied in R1 and received same message from admission.
I've also heard that interviews would be start from early November, so I'm preparing for the interview question..
Good luck ya all!!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cryptalon wrote:
I've also heard that interviews would be start from early November, so I'm preparing for the interview question..
Good luck ya all!!

Where do u plan to attend interview ? In Boston or in Japan. They said that they will travel to 15 cities.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ash2018 wrote:
Cryptalon wrote:
Good luck ya all!!

Where do u plan to attend interview ? In Boston or in Japan. They said that they will travel to 15 cities.

I'm planning to attend in Japan if it's possible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cryptalon wrote:
Ash2018 wrote:
Cryptalon wrote:
Good luck ya all!!

I'm planning to attend in Japan if it's possible.

Do you know if they are going to Japan in R1 ? In R 2, they travel to many places.

Even I would like to do interview in Europe if possible. I hope they will come here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm planning to attend in Japan if it's possible.[/quote]

Do you know if they are going to Japan in R1 ? In R 2, they travel to many places.

Even I would like to do interview in Europe if possible. I hope they will come here.[/quote]

I've heard admission will come to Japan in R1. Rod Garcia may be the interviewer.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
how much time have you spent preparing your application. I'd say I have spent around 60 hours.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi guys.

I've just discovered this topic. I've applied in R1. I did the EA and got 152. A friend of mine is studying at Sloan Fellows now and he told me that some of his classmates, who took EA, were accepted with scores between 143 to 155.

I took more than a month to prepare my application, dedicating some hours per week. It was very hard to conciliate the application preparation and studies for EA with my job and my family, but I succeeded. Now I'm very anxious whether I will be invited for interview.

Is anyone intending to do the interview on Campus? Do you think is there difference?

I will share with you if I receive any updates from MIT.

Regards.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts