Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 17:36 It is currently 12 May 2024, 17:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10049 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]
cgottuso wrote:
I'm in - who's with me?!

Anyone going to the information session tonight in Philly?

Edit: Application process is well underway for me. I had my phone chat last night. I'll be attending the information session tonight. I'm interviewing and attending classes next Friday (October 5).

Hi I'm thinking about applying as well.
Could you please share how did go yesterday?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
sw4pa2014 wrote:
cgottuso wrote:
I'm in - who's with me?!

Edit: Application process is well underway for me. I had my phone chat last night. I'll be attending the information session tonight. I'm interviewing and attending classes next Friday (October 5).

Thanks!

Went well. I attended two classes (Macro and Marketing) and had lunch with a couple other prospectives, an alum, Diane Sharp, and several other members of the AdCom. The interview was with Diane. The format was very casual and more of a conversation than I expected.

I applied to FT programs several years ago. I also interviewed at Wharton then and participated in the TBD. This was a VERY different experience.

The current students I met were all very impressive. It was altogether a rather discouraging visit from that perspective. One can't help but feel a little worried leaving a group of that caliber if that's the standard expected of the incoming '19 class.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cgottuso wrote:
sw4pa2014 wrote:
cgottuso wrote:
I'm in - who's with me?!

Thanks!

Went well. I attended two classes (Macro and Marketing) and had lunch with a couple other prospectives, an alum, Diane Sharp, and several other members of the AdCom. The interview was with Diane. The format was very casual and more of a conversation than I expected.

I applied to FT programs several years ago. I also interviewed at Wharton then and participated in the TBD. This was a VERY different experience.

The current students I met were all very impressive. It was altogether a rather discouraging visit from that perspective. One can't help but feel a little worried leaving a group of that caliber if that's the standard expected of the incoming '19 class.

Thanks so much for sharing. That's what I'm worried as well as not sure if my experience is up to the standard of the EMBA class. Do you still plan to apply post visit?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sw4pa2014 wrote:
Thanks so much for sharing. That's what I'm worried as well as not sure if my experience is up to the standard of the EMBA class. Do you still plan to apply post visit?

Absolutely! I've wrapped up the first draft of my essays so I'm going to begin the editing phase now. It's the last step for me.

This has been a long time coming for me and I'm not bowing out now!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cgottuso wrote:
sw4pa2014 wrote:

Absolutely! I've wrapped up the first draft of my essays so I'm going to begin the editing phase now. It's the last step for me.

This has been a long time coming for me and I'm not bowing out now!

Haha gotcha! good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Greetings,

I’m planning on applying for the class of 2019 emba program. Has anyone been through the interview process? Also I just taking some practices questions on EA, man I’m struggling with integrated reasoning. Any tips to improve on this. I don’t want my EA scores to be a reason why I couldn’t get through.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sansreddy wrote:
Greetings,

I’m planning on applying for the class of 2019 emba program. Has anyone been through the interview process? Also I just taking some practices questions on EA, man I’m struggling with integrated reasoning. Any tips to improve on this. I don’t want my EA scores to be a reason why I couldn’t get through.

You need to set up your own interview - it is required as part of the application. Before doing so, you're advised to set up a 15-minute "phone chat" with someone from admissions. During that discussion, you can ask questions about your candidacy or the program. I've found admissions to be more of an open book when compared to the admissions team for the full-time program. The whole phone chat and interview process is very casual. It's much more conversational than the full-time interview process (and obviously lacks the TBD aspect).

I'd advise you to make sure your resume is "bschool-ready" because you're required to submit it when setting up your phone chat and you don't want to submit a different one with your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.87
WE:Business Development (Insurance)
Send PM
I just had a on campus visit and interview this past Saturday. In the process of prepare the rest of my application package.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
How did it go? Any tips you can share?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
The interview itself is more a casual chat. They do have a list of questions, all regular questions you would expect, no surprises. It lasted about 45 minutes. I interviewed in the morning and stayed for lunch and first half of the afternoon class.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yhu08902 wrote:
The interview itself is more a casual chat. They do have a list of questions, all regular questions you would expect, no surprises. It lasted about 45 minutes. I interviewed in the morning and stayed for lunch and first half of the afternoon class.

Interesting - with whom did you interview if you don't mind my asking?

I went on a Friday and they suggested I spend the day there. My interview was not until 3pm so I attended a full morning class, then lunch with adcom and a couple alums, and half of an afternoon class. My interview only lasted about 30 minutes. I wonder if you were just a lot more interesting than I am...

PS - I see you're from NJ. I lived in the state up until about three years ago when I moved to the Greater Philadelphia Area (on the PA side of the river).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cgottuso wrote:
yhu08902 wrote:

I went on a Friday and they suggested I spend the day there. My interview was not until 3pm so I attended a full morning class, then lunch with adcom and a couple alums, and half of an afternoon class. My interview only lasted about 30 minutes. I wonder if you were just a lot more interesting than I am...

PS - I see you're from NJ. I lived in the state up until about three years ago when I moved to the Greater Philadelphia Area (on the PA side of the river).

I interviewed with Mae. She is the same person I had the casual phone chat with earlier. I am not sure if this is normally how it works, i.e.: you are assigned to an admission counselor from the beginning. I think 45 minutes is about the usual length of the interview. I met a few other candidates that day, and their interviews were all in that range.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yhu08902 wrote:
cgottuso wrote:
yhu08902 wrote:

I interviewed with Mae. She is the same person I had the casual phone chat with earlier. I am not sure if this is normally how it works, i.e.: you are assigned to an admission counselor from the beginning. I think 45 minutes is about the usual length of the interview. I met a few other candidates that day, and their interviews were all in that range.

I find that a little disconcerting. While I had my phone chat with one admissions counselor, I actually had lunch with and eventually interviewed with Diane Sharp. I'm going to frame it optimistically and say she probably has more on her plate so she does shorter interviews...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cgottuso wrote:
I find that a little disconcerting. While I had my phone chat with one admissions counselor, I actually had lunch with and eventually interviewed with Diane Sharp. I'm going to frame it optimistically and say she probably has more on her plate so she does shorter interviews...

Maybe you passed the initial screening and got to Diane Sharp ;) Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.95
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Hi everyone. Anyone else applying for the SF campus?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kylebecker9 wrote:
Hi everyone. Anyone else applying for the SF campus?

Appears you are the only applicant - gotta like your chances!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
@kylebecker

I am considering applying for the SF program for round 2. I have a little under 8 years of FT work experience and they want your company to financially support your MBA if that is the case.

Question to everyone:
Would it be useful to do this EMBA program if you have under 8 years experience? It seems as if the class profile has an average of 10-12 years exp. I am also looking for a career switch from Biotech R&D to Business development/product development, does this program include enough coursework and networking/alumni support for such a career switch?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts