GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Feb 2019, 14:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Choosing the Right B-School

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

06:00 PM EST

07:00 PM EST

Which MBA program is right for me? How can I find the best fit? An experienced senior consultant from our partner MBA admissions consulting firm, mbaMission, will help prospective MBAs understand the differences that exist among top MBA programs.
  • GMAT vs GRE - Insider Insights and Tips to Help You Decide

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

12:00 PM EST

01:00 PM EST

Planning to apply to business school? Don't know which standardized test to take? Noodle Pros experts will discuss the nitty gritty of the GMAT vs GRE. Monday, Feb. 11th at 12 PM and 7 PM ET

Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 16:04
I agree. EA penalizes for wrong answers. There are 12IR, 14Vr and 14q. If you get one wrong in each, then your score is 155. Anything above 150 is really good.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.95
WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 07:45
Got it. It was just a rumor I had heard, but I'm not familiar with the EA at all. Either way, the admissions team will be open about what they are looking for in the informal interview and recommend whether to retake before applying or not.
Intern
Intern
B
Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 08:30
The real issue is that there is not enough data and or correlation between EA and GMAT. There is not a clear definition of what constitues a great, good or bad score. Based on my experience i wished i prepared for GMAT rather than EA. The penalty of wrong answers is unjustifiable. This is merely my humble opinion. Best of luck to all

Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton Exec '21

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 13:46
Hi can ask all those who've applied...........would really appreciate your direct feedback just about to go into R2

Did Wharton reach out to your employer and/or listed supervisor to (1) validate their stated support & (2) seek a personal /professional reference???????????

My companies leadership has supported me applying to the program. However my direct local supervisor from which the support letter came is lets call it somewhat less supportive than those above her and I feel if contacted would probably give a far from full throated support of my application. So do they reach out to the supervisor or employer?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 13:58
Are you receivinf financial sponsorship? Is your career longer than 8 years?

Executive MBA Thread Master
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 15:00
jj81184 wrote:
Hi can ask all those who've applied...........would really appreciate your direct feedback just about to go into R2

Did Wharton reach out to your employer and/or listed supervisor to (1) validate their stated support & (2) seek a personal /professional reference???????????

My companies leadership has supported me applying to the program. However my direct local supervisor from which the support letter came is lets call it somewhat less supportive than those above her and I feel if contacted would probably give a far from full throated support of my application. So do they reach out to the supervisor or employer?

You're required to submit the original copy of an employer sponsorship letter (this should include promise of financial sponsorship of >= 50% for Fellows applicants), which recognizes the time required away from work and can come from anyone senior enough to have that kind of authority. You can read about this on the application requirements page on Wharton's website.

Your letters of recommendation can come from anyone you deem appropriate but it helps if a direct supervisor is included. In the application process, Wharton will not reach out directly to anyone. It is only after you've accepted the offer of admission and commence the background check that they'll start contacting your letter writers and past employers to verify employment.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 16:07
TonySko wrote:
Are you receivinf financial sponsorship? Is your career longer than 8 years?

- No financial support is being given

- My career is 11 years long

Does that change the cgottuso's take in the above post?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 16:19
cgottuso wrote:
jj81184 wrote:

You're required to submit the original copy of an employer sponsorship letter (this should include promise of financial sponsorship of >= 50% for Fellows applicants), which recognizes the time required away from work and can come from anyone senior enough to have that kind of authority. You can read about this on the application requirements page on Wharton's website.

Your letters of recommendation can come from anyone you deem appropriate but it helps if a direct supervisor is included. In the application process, Wharton will not reach out directly to anyone. It is only after you've accepted the offer of admission and commence the background check that they'll start contacting your letter writers and past employers to verify employment.

Thanks for the above which helps. I was considering circumventing my direct supervisor but as you say I do see reference to it being deemed important for one of the recommendations letters to come from your direct supervisor. I think in letter form she would be conscious to say all the right things so the nature of th process will help.

As mentioned in the above post I'm self-financing this and am 11+ years into my career. Does this change the dynamic at all in the terms of the above?
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 08:59
jj81184 wrote:
cgottuso wrote:
jj81184 wrote:

Thanks for the above which helps. I was considering circumventing my direct supervisor but as you say I do see reference to it being deemed important for one of the recommendations letters to come from your direct supervisor. I think in letter form she would be conscious to say all the right things so the nature of th process will help.

As mentioned in the above post I'm self-financing this and am 11+ years into my career. Does this change the dynamic at all in the terms of the above?

Don't believe so - you can just skip the mention of financial assistance in your employer sponsorship letter.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 09:20
JJ there is no problem financing the program yourself. If indeed this is the case and you have over 8 years work experience then choose your tecommendations accordingly. All you need is someone within your org to say you are a superstar. Dont overthink it. Focus on other more important items on the application

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 16:07
Hello All
Was reviewing the thread and wanted to add my 2 cents with respect to the EA and GMAT discussions since I gave both. I prepared for EA over Christmas and New years and gave it on the 9th of January and got a score of 154. Wanted to challenge myself with the GMAT so bought the OG and gave the GMAT 2 weeks later got a 680. I agree that EA gives you less room for error but then you can use that to you advantage because the questions are limited in scope. GMAT becomes a test of endurance but gives a little more wiggle room especially in quant with 31 questions. But one has more time for EA then GMAT. 14 questions each for Q and V in EA and you are given 30 mins each while GMAT has 31 Q and you are given 62 mins while Verbal has 36 and you are given 65 minutes. And in EA one can go back and review but that is only relevant for sub sections if you have enough time.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.95
WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 10:01
Just submitted for SF R2! Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 10:13
Just submitted to PA as well R2. Best of luck to all of us

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 13:42
Grtt Going folks! I too submitted to PHL on Friday. Best of Luck to all of us!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 16:28
Lets do this! Just submitted to San Francisco Round 2. Hoping to see you all in May.
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 17:12
Good luck to all for R2. Keep us posted on any developments!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 09:58
Hi All,

I just submitted my R2 application for Philly. Best wishes to us all!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 04:26
Just submitted for round 2 Philly. Good luck to everyone

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 18:21
Got in for R1. Good luck everyone!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 18:46
Congratulations Kenc,
Could you please share your profile and campus you applied to?
As in
Industry:
Male v/s female:
Years of Experience:
Interviewed with:

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2019, 18:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 104 posts ] 

Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: gmatexam439, rohan2345

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap