GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2019, 00:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jun 2018
Posts: 47
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 14:22
3
1
I’ll share my experience with the phone chats and interview.
The phone chat as everyone mentioned is very informal and it sounded like this is to be seen as an opportunity for you to figure out how the program can help you in achieving your goals. At least in my case there weren’t any interview questions per se. It was mostly them trying to understand my career and my current role and where I want to go with an MBA. In fact I actually had 2 phone chats since I had some doubts about the program after my first chat a few months ago and they were very accommodating of my second chat request.

I had my interview with Barbara Craft in San Francisco and again it seemed to be very informal and conversational. No curveballs. It was not like a Q&A session, but more free-flowing and she touched on my current role, responsibilities, examples of leadership outside of work and walked me through my career and we discussed my aspirations. I’m a Fellows candidate so she also asked me about my company’s financial support situation specifically. Barbara mentioned that at least 50% financial support must be provided for Fellows candidates. My interview lasted almost an hour.

Overall, I’d say that if you prepare for the standard questions of why MBA, why Wharton, your goals, extra curricular etc you should be fine. They’re definitely very open about the admissions process for Exec MBA, so also prepare some good questions that are specific for your case.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 17:03
So, any idea when can we expect the results for the Round 1 applications?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jun 2018
Posts: 47
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 17:11
itune1af wrote:
So, any idea when can we expect the results for the Round 1 applications?



The website says round 1 decision release is on Wed Jan 23.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Executive MBA Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 158
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 08:24
sankar769 wrote:
itune1af wrote:
So, any idea when can we expect the results for the Round 1 applications?



The website says round 1 decision release is on Wed Jan 23.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


I hate this game - the wait is excruciating.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Sep 2018
Posts: 20
Location: United States (NJ)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.87
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 14:51
Counting down...


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
INSEAD Thread Master
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2032
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 21:52
Best wishes for all of you waiting on R1 results and those of you prepping your R2 apps!
_________________
Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 19:47
Did anyone receive the phone call yet? From last year’s data, people started to receive the phone call one week before the announcement date. Good luck to everyone!

Posted from my mobile device
Executive MBA Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 158
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 08:04
2
th2378 wrote:
Did anyone receive the phone call yet? From last year’s data, people started to receive the phone call one week before the announcement date. Good luck to everyone!

Posted from my mobile device


...crickets...

However, there is one admit kicking around here...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 08:33
cgottuso wrote:
th2378 wrote:
Did anyone receive the phone call yet? From last year’s data, people started to receive the phone call one week before the announcement date. Good luck to everyone!

Posted from my mobile device


...crickets...

However, there is one admit kicking around here...



Wow, Big Congratulation, cgottuso! When did you receive the call?
Executive MBA Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 158
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 21 Jan 2019, 13:03
th2378 wrote:
cgottuso wrote:
th2378 wrote:
Did anyone receive the phone call yet? From last year’s data, people started to receive the phone call one week before the announcement date. Good luck to everyone!

Posted from my mobile device


...crickets...

However, there is one admit kicking around here...



Wow, Big Congratulation, cgottuso! When did you receive the call?


I was referring more to the first post in this thread* that indicates one among us changed their status to "admitted."

Originally posted by cgottuso on 21 Jan 2019, 09:10.
Last edited by cgottuso on 21 Jan 2019, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 12:47
Do they call every admit or just partial admits ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Sep 2018
Posts: 20
Location: United States (NJ)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.87
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 14:13
th2378 wrote:
Do they call every admit or just partial admits ?


According to last year’s data, some people received email on the decision release day without getting a call.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 14:25
yhu08902 wrote:
th2378 wrote:
Do they call every admit or just partial admits ?


According to last year’s data, some people received email on the decision release day without getting a call.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Thanks yhu08902. Hope we could get some positive news. Good Luck!
Executive MBA Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 158
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 05:11
Tis the day...when are letters posted?

Edit: 5pm ET - I see it now.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 09:18
cgottuso wrote:
Tis the day...when are letters posted?

Edit: 5pm ET - I see it now.

Posted from my mobile device

Congratulations cgottuso! Do they call the admits today ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Sep 2018
Posts: 20
Location: United States (NJ)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.87
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 10:58
Still waiting...


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 12:12
Congratulations again!
Is there a way one can see how many admits are there or what's the class size after the decision day of Round 1.
Probably we can get an idea as of open slots for Round 2 applicants

cgottuso wrote:
Tis the day...when are letters posted?

Edit: 5pm ET - I see it now.

Posted from my mobile device
Executive MBA Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 158
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 12:15
Sloanitis wrote:
Congratulations again!
Is there a way one can see how many admits are there or what's the class size after the decision day of Round 1.
Probably we can get an idea as of open slots for Round 2 applicants

cgottuso wrote:
Tis the day...when are letters posted?

Edit: 5pm ET - I see it now.

Posted from my mobile device


I don't believe there's any way to know that and I wouldn't overthink it. I would just assume roughly half of the class gets filled in R1 and half in R2 (obviously that depends a lot on overall applicant quality in R1 and yield, among other things), but I don't think it should change your approach.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Sep 2018
Posts: 20
Location: United States (NJ)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.87
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
Re: Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 12:53
Have you received an email yet? I am still waiting for the email or portal update.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Executive MBA Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 158
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 12:55
yhu08902 wrote:
Have you received an email yet? I am still waiting for the email or portal update.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


5pm ET

EDIT: Decision letters have been posted
GMAT Club Bot
Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2019, 12:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 190 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Wharton EMBA (Philly/SF) 2019 Intake: Calling all Applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: gmatexam439, rohan2345



Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne