Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 23:24 It is currently 08 May 2024, 23:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [7]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8851 [0]
Given Kudos: 3036
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Leadership
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Sept 2019 Intake ! [#permalink]
To those of you that got interview invites, did you already receive the contact information for your interviewers? My email said that I'd receive information for two interviewers shortly, but that was last Thursday and I still haven't received it. Wanted to see if others had the same experience or if I should reach out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tnsl6212 wrote:
To those of you that got interview invites, did you already receive the contact information for your interviewers? My email said that I'd receive information for two interviewers shortly, but that was last Thursday and I still haven't received it. Wanted to see if others had the same experience or if I should reach out.

My email said the same, but I just got it today so going to wait for them to send the details. Mine's also mentioned that they had alumni in my city, if yours didn't mention that, maybe they are arranging alumni
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi to those who got the interview details, how long do your interviewers reply your email? I have emailed and called my interviewer last week. But one of them have not replied me yet. Should I call again?
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi tnsl6212,

I wouldn't worry much. Sometimes, it takes the school a bit longer to find the most appropriate alumni to interview candidates.

Once the alumni are selected and contacted, they are notified about the deadline by which they must conduct the interviews. So even if you're giving their contact info a bit later, they will make sure to arrange the interviews before the deadline.

That being said, if you want to reach out to your AO for a friendly reminder, you could so as well. There is no harm in it.

I hope this helps.

Warm regards
Alex
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [1]
Given Kudos: 64
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
kathymj wrote:
Hi to those who got the interview details, how long do your interviewers reply your email? I have emailed and called my interviewer last week. But one of them have not replied me yet. Should I call again?

Hi kathy,

Both my interviewers took a full week to reply. One of them was traveling for business and replied before I followed up while I contacted the second during a phone follow-up.

I would suggest for you to call and follow up at the one week mark if you have not received a reply by then (which was what I did). Hope this helps!

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
One of my clients received an email inviting him to do an INSEAD EMBA instead of a regular MBA. This is a first for me. He is 33, 680 GMAT, comes from a very niche industry and has 10 years of work experience so I guess it makes sense; his goals are more EMBA-ish, not looking to switch industries or geography. Did this happen to anyone else?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi hughmungus1, thanks so much for the interesting reply. I agree That Oxford has a far more social bent. However I do think maybe it's actually more significant that INSEAD gave you lots of opportunity to show them who you are. I do think that the Oxford essay prompt is a bit esoteric and not really capturing the spirit (or value) of an application imo.

I'm glad that I brought to mind LBS. I have to say I don't exactly follow your logic about you being an older applicant and looking for shorter programs. Is that because of opportunity cost? I actually would do the longer program there because it's your big opportunity to do 2 internships and solidify a completely new direction. By the way, there are lots of hidden essays inside of the application so make sure to get a log in there ASAP.

I absolutely encourage you to apply to Stanford MSX Round 3, If you made it through INSEAD shortlisting I think that indicates you have what interests them. Plus you have this voluminous INSEAD application to repurpose my God it is a monster. I am submitting someone for that deadline and repurposing his motivation essay 1 for the main Stanford essay.

Feel free to fill out the applicant profile form on my site & send your CV if you would like me to give you a quick assessment.
hughmungus1 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
hughmungus1 wrote:
R3, received my interview email invite a few minutes ago! (I am in the US) Very excited, especially after I got the R3 rejection from Said earlier this morning.
Congratulations! I have to say I am a little puzzled given that INSEAD is considered to be more competitive then Oxford. I wonder if more Americans are applying to Oxford because it has a very recognizable brand name? I'm racking my brain. Any ideas?

About one out of two invites are accepted and so probably would not be a bad idea to get another app in the hopper in March, maybe R3 LBS or IESE, which are seen as on par with INSEAD in the eyes of European recruiters, if that's what you're hoping to achieve.

https://mbaprepcoach.com

I am honestly a bit confused myself. It very well could be that more Americans are applying because of the brand. I'm a few years older than average, but Said was pretty clear that they did not care about age on one of the webinars. I think I was able to reassure why my age should not be an issue in the INSEAD essays, but I didn't think to address it for Said.

The other thing is they are so "social impact" focused, and I'm from a true business background. I see a lot of people there who came from backgrounds at non profits, etc (at least for the females..). I kept thinking to myself, is this a business school or a public policy program? I feel I didn't really come through as well as I did on the INSEAD essays due to the questions; and the video essays, as much as I hated them, were also another good data point for me. Who knows?! There is a reason for everything and it just wasn't meant to be!

Thank you for suggesting the LBS program! I just looked and I had no idea they had 15 and 18 month programs. Because of my age I am targeting the shorter programs and that looks like a great option. I am also considering the Stanford MSx program. Do you have any idea if it's even worth applying in the third (final) round to the MSx program?
Denied
06 Feb, 2019
06 Feb 2019, 03:17
Private, GMAT: 650, Q44, V35; GPA: 4; WE: 60 months; United States, TX; via Email
Test scores not consistent [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I'm sending emails to my interviewers to schedule invites. This is a re-application to INSEAD. However my portal application PDF is not showing my updated score or my revised essays. Should I send those separately or ask my admission officer if she can update the portal?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Send PM
AA39 wrote:
Hi All,

I'm sending emails to my interviewers to schedule invites. This is a re-application to INSEAD. However my portal application PDF is not showing my updated score or my revised essays. Should I send those separately or ask my admission officer if she can update the portal?

Hi AA39,

Apologies for the delay in reply as it is the Chinese New Year holiday season over here in Singapore!

My suggestion is to approach the AO to check if they can solve the issue so that you can download the most updated portal application PDF. Cheers!
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ILMENF wrote:
Test scores not consistent
Denied on: 2019/02/06
GMAT: 650, Q44, V35
GPA: 4
WE: 60 months
Heard back via: Email

I'm sorry to hear this. Are you stating that you know your test scores are not consistent, or did the AO give you that as a reason for denial? Because they take the top score, is why I ask.

Good luck with future apps. There are still plenty of upcoming deadlines with European Jan start programs.

Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Those of you in Singapore might want to attend this on Friday! Thinking especially of you [url=https://gmatclub.com:443/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=Hideto]Hideto
[/url] https://www.insead.edu/master-programme ... ua_id=4177

Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Those of you in Singapore might want to attend this on Friday! Thinking especially of you [url=https://gmatclub.com:443/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=Hideto]Hideto
[/url] https://www.insead.edu/master-programme ... ua_id=4177

Thank you for passing this along Farrell! :)

Send PM
Expert Reply
Around this time, many applicants are deciding between Round 4 September batch and Round 2 January batch. Unless you have made a huge dent in your app by now - like outlines for all the essays - would urge you to consider January R2.

There are a thousand seats initially; so R2 and so you have a far better shot than R4, especially if you are Asian or Indian. Or from a highly represented country such as Lebanon. Some notes: if you need to do a module in Abu Dhabi for MENA recruitment then September batch is best. If you are doing IB or need an internship (not consulting) January is best.

If you are applying in 3 weeks, make sure your test scores are competitive (above average) and the application is flawless. This is less stringent if you are from a super underrepresented country but don't bank on that.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Interesting article on LBS vs. INSEAD https://find-mba.com/articles/mba-schoo ... ead-vs-lbs
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Interesting article on LBS vs. INSEAD https://find-mba.com/articles/mba-schoo ... ead-vs-lbs

This is a great read! I understand that the deposit deadline for Round 2 INSEAD candidates is fast approaching and this insightful article will definitely come in handy for candidates who have successfully received offers from both schools.

Thanks for sharing!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck to those on WL and those waiting for R3!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
When do we expect to hear Round 3 responses? Deadline is March 15th. My interviews finished 10 days ago. Do they always wait until just before the deadline to call?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts