Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [8]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
gmatkarma20 wrote:
I got done with the interview yesterday. I think it was a good conversation.
Of all the successful R1 applicants here, were there any indications during the interview that it went well, and the interviewer liked the conversation?

I heard that interviewers were stonefaced on here, but I didn't get that at all from my interviewers. I was able to get them to laugh a couple times, and I think in general they were pretty warm and helped a little more than I thought they would when I stumbled or forgot stuff. I do tend to interview pretty well tho so I have a bit of high bar for myself
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
gmatkarma20 wrote:
I got done with the interview yesterday. I think it was a good conversation.
Of all the successful R1 applicants here, were there any indications during the interview that it went well, and the interviewer liked the conversation?

I thought my interview went pretty well. Started off with the interviewer saying, “this is going to be pretty low key”. She responded positively to few of my answers, saying something like- that’s a good answer, I can tell you’ve thought about this well, that answer covers all different angles etc.

But then I’m placed on the waitlist so who knows what they actually thought. I’m not sure if you can really understand your chances from their response.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbawootwoot wrote:
Anyone going to the panel tonight?

Yeah I was there last Thursday. The entrepreneurship panel. Happened to talk to Eileen Jacob- admissions director. Did you go?

So if anyone on the waitlist is wondering: I asked if there is anything other than an updated resume or test scores that I ca submit to strengthen the application. The answer was no, just hang tight. They’ll reach out if they need anything.

Personally not sure if it would be best to just hang tight. Don’t think gmat is my bottleneck either. So I don’t have much of a conclusion on what to do next.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Just curious. Is anyone attending the group interview session next week?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
For those of you who got waitlisted - the quickest way to get you off the wait-list is to take another GMAT. Please don't be afraid to give another shot and take GMAT if you can. If not, promotion at work or additional extracurricular work will help you out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
sankar769 wrote:
Hi all
I had submitted my application for Round 1.
Just a note for anyone who is looking to apply in the future:
If your undergrad was from outside the US, you’ll need to send a COPY of your degree certificate to complete the application. They will need the original certificate and transcript if a positive admissions decision has been made.

Good luck to everyone! Hope to meet some future classmates here

Do we need to email the copy, or go to Berkeley and submit a copy?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 4
Send PM
edited after @sankar769's reply below.
this applies only if you get a positive decision:
I dont think they accept copy. You really need the original degree certificate and one original sealed transcript (if this applies to you). I submitted these two documents some days ago by going to Haas in person. I forget but I believe they will return the degree certificate during We Launch.

Originally posted by hazdazzler009 on 20 Feb 2019, 14:12.
Last edited by hazdazzler009 on 20 Feb 2019, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hazdazzler009 wrote:
I dont think they accept copy. You really need the original degree certificate and one original sealed transcript (if this applies to you). I submitted these two documents some days ago by going to Haas in person. I forget but I believe they will return the degree certificate during We Launch.

I had emailed them a COPY of my degree certificate. They mentioned that they will need the original certificate after you get a positive admissions decision and if you decide to join. The original will be returned to you during orientation week.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 4
Send PM
you are right. I misread the original message and have corrected my earlier message. Thanks for catching it.

Way to start my first post, sigh...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Did anyone request feedback on the application process? I'd like to know what the adcom thought of my resume, interview, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
I may be wrong, but I believe adcom only gives you feedback if you are on the waitlist and you don't get in. You have a chance in August (I think) to set up a feedback session and they'll give a 15-20 minute session of where you could strengthen your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Thanks marathonrunner I'll probably do that or shoot em an email if August is too far.

Also, did anyone receive scholarship info? My stuff is still blank, no updates since Feb 1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Nope still blank for me as well. May be it will stay blanked if we don't get awarded any scholarship until the next round of review.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbawootwoot wrote:
Thanks marathonrunner I'll probably do that or shoot em an email if August is too far.

Also, did anyone receive scholarship info? My stuff is still blank, no updates since Feb 1.

Mine has an update: Reviewed and Not Selected.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dreamyguy wrote:
mbawootwoot wrote:

Same - reviewed and not selected :/ I got some money from Booth but hmmm....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hanamana wrote:
dreamyguy wrote:
mbawootwoot wrote:

Same - reviewed and not selected :/ I got some money from Booth but hmmm....

Are you located in bay area? Which one are you thinking of attending?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I am based in Seattle and will be attending Berkeley
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
I got waitlisted at round 1 and now I am receiving a phone call for a second round of onsite interview.

OMG. What is this about????
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts