GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Mar 2019, 06:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 580 Q44 V26
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V35
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 16:41
I was waitlisted on round 1 too and just got an email asking me to verify my salary and job information. Anyone know what this is?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 16:57
fghid89 wrote:
I got waitlisted at round 1 and now I am receiving a phone call for a second round of onsite interview.

OMG. What is this about????

Hmm interesting. I assume you already interviewed in round 1 maybe they just have some follow up questions. That’s good tho, if you do a good interview that might put you over the edge. I had talked to Eileen Jacob, admissions director and she said that they will reach out if they need anything else. I haven’t heard back from them, had sent an updated resume few weeks ago.

Good luck keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Thread Master - Part Time MBA Programs
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 12:04
Good luck to R1 waitlisted candidates and R2 applicants. I just submitted my $2500 deposit! Excited to be back at Cal.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 15:31
hanamana wrote:
Good luck to R1 waitlisted candidates and R2 applicants. I just submitted my $2500 deposit! Excited to be back at Cal.

I also sent in my deposit this morning! Excited to be going to such a great program
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 16:55
mbawootwoot wrote:
hanamana wrote:

I also sent in my deposit this morning! Excited to be going to such a great program

I did so this morning too and hope to connect with you all in person. :)
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User
Question about EWMBA student engagement  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 17:40
I'm hoping to hear from any current Haas EWMBA students or EWMBA alums regarding what life was like in the program. Specifically I'm curious how things like study groups work -- From the reviews I've read and other posts, it sounds like it is a very rigorous program and can be difficult to balance work/life/school for some people. So how often do students actually take extra time to attend speaker series, go to club events, or hang out with fellow EW students? When exactly do study groups meet, and did it seem like the students wanted to be there, or couldn't wait to drive home and get back to their normal life?

I've heard different feedback from two people I know who are in or did the program before, but am asking here hoping to get feedback from a wider audience.

Just FYI, I applied in R2 and was invited to interview and now am just waiting for the decision next month.

Thanks in advance.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 20:07
darthvad3r wrote:
I'm hoping to hear from any current Haas EWMBA students or EWMBA alums regarding what life was like in the program. Specifically I'm curious how things like study groups work -- From the reviews I've read and other posts, it sounds like it is a very rigorous program and can be difficult to balance work/life/school for some people. So how often do students actually take extra time to attend speaker series, go to club events, or hang out with fellow EW students? When exactly do study groups meet, and did it seem like the students wanted to be there, or couldn't wait to drive home and get back to their normal life?

I've heard different feedback from two people I know who are in or did the program before, but am asking here hoping to get feedback from a wider audience.

Just FYI, I applied in R2 and was invited to interview and now am just waiting for the decision next month.

Thanks in advance.

I see hanamana mbawootwoot hazdazzler009 have already sent in their deposits.

Did you speak to any current students or alums regarding work/life balance? What is your take on this?

MBA Chronicles | Interview Debriefs | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 21:12
darthvad3r wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I've spoken with a few current and former students. Across the board everyone's pretty much saying that the EWMBA is a significant time commitment; it sounds like coming up with a strategy to manage your time is going to be very important. At the same time, though, I haven't heard any hesitation from the people I spoke with on if it's worth it (which I didn't necessarily hear from other PT programs). There's been mixed responses on how often EWMBA students are able to make it on campus for events outside of class, largely due to if they're able to get flexibility from work, and how far away they live from campus.

I didn't ask about study groups, but I'm sure if you set something up you'll find people that will be interested and engaged.

What have you heard so far? You might also have some luck searching LinkedIn and reaching out to current/former students that way, too.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 10:31
Pretty much everything witm has said is my understanding too. I had attended Haas' info session where we could ask questions to current students in person. The students stressed on "Time management" skill as that's going to be very important. A 1.5 year student (3 semesters completed) did tell us that he found the first two semesters hard to navigate but that the third semester was comparatively easier to manage. For the evening program, there's not much you can do after the lecture as you'd have to catch the shuttle (I forget after how much time it leaves once lecture is over, I think it is 30-45 mins after lecture ends). The group that is selected seems to be based on some personality test that all incoming students give and groups are formed for the 1st year. If memory serves right, after 1st year you can choose your own group.

Outside class, the assumption is that you'd co-ordinate to meet on weekends or video-chat to complete group assignments. As far as on-campus events are concerned, I got a feeling that since students have full-time jobs they are unable to attend but they are most welcome by Haas.
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 14:55
I've spoken to a few current/former students, and it seems like the feedback socially is very positive. I think the limiting factor is on the student's time/energy, not in opportunities, as EWMBA students have the option to take on (in theory) as much as the full time students. Practically, this depends on other things especially for those with day jobs, but I wouldn't worry about a lack of social opportunities. If you're worried about whether you can handle it, I think that varies from person to person, but the only complaining or similar I heard of was in regards to recruiting, not coursework, so I am pretty doubtful myself it will be that hard. I'm not anticipating spending too much more time per lecture than the actual lecture. I sat in on a couple classes and found the classes great, but not necessarily needing a ton of followup. Although sitting in and actually taking a class is very different.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 12:29
I appreciate all the responses so far. From talking with one EWMBA student/alumni I got one perspective, but knowing them, take it with a grain of salt since they are married and have a kid, which would have made the whole program all the more intense on time management. I understand that the opportunities are there to be involved in on-campus events or clubs, but what I'm trying to determine is how often EW students connect with their classmates outside of class. I know it is impossible to quantify or have an exact answer since everybody and every class are going to be so different based on personal factors such as job demands, family life and proximity to campus. One of the things I am really hoping for in an MBA is making solid connections with my class, and everyone has said you absolutely can do this in the EWMBA, however other things I hear sound contradictory to this, such as the proximity, etc. mentioned above.

I will look on LinkedIn more to see if I can find any current students to reach out to, or request someone through the EWMBA website (I'm pretty sure I saw an area where you could connect with someone?). When I searched LinkedIn for students before submitting my application, I had a hard time identifying students that were in the EWMBA since most students just say Haas MBA Candidate but don't specify if they are doing it on the weekends or not.

If I am able to connect with a student and get their feedback on this question, I will post back here.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 21:46
Hi all,
I applied for R2 and the admission team started looking into my application like 2 weeks ago; however, there is still no interview invitation yet. Is there anyone in the same situation? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 23:04
trandung90 wrote:
Hi all,
I applied for R2 and the admission team started looking into my application like 2 weeks ago; however, there is still no interview invitation yet. Is there anyone in the same situation? Thanks!

I think all you will get is an email saying that your application is ready to review?
I dont think the status will mention that your application is now under review.... at least I did not see that in my case
Intern
Intern
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 23:52
dreamyguy wrote:
trandung90 wrote:
Hi all,

I think all you will get is an email saying that your application is ready to review?
I dont think the status will mention that your application is now under review.... at least I did not see that in my case

yeah. I got an email to notify the review process and asking for submitting a hardcopy of my transcript (international undergrad degree)... but still no new for an interview yet and the D-day is coming soon. I feel a bit concerned though!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 12:32
submitted application feb 25 for R3, waiting to hear back.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 15:25
mbawootwoot wrote:
I've spoken to a few current/former students, and it seems like the feedback socially is very positive. I think the limiting factor is on the student's time/energy, not in opportunities, as EWMBA students have the option to take on (in theory) as much as the full time students. Practically, this depends on other things especially for those with day jobs, but I wouldn't worry about a lack of social opportunities. If you're worried about whether you can handle it, I think that varies from person to person, but the only complaining or similar I heard of was in regards to recruiting, not coursework, so I am pretty doubtful myself it will be that hard. I'm not anticipating spending too much more time per lecture than the actual lecture. I sat in on a couple classes and found the classes great, but not necessarily needing a ton of followup. Although sitting in and actually taking a class is very different.

mbawootwoot can you elaborate on what you heard from current students re: recruiting? I intend to change careers using this program and had heard anecdotally that it's relatively easy to participate in the on campus recruiting even as an EWMBA. Just interested to hear your take.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 13:13
I am a current EWMBA student (class of 2021). Ask me anything! Happy to help!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 15:11
hwadeann wrote:
mbawootwoot wrote:

mbawootwoot can you elaborate on what you heard from current students re: recruiting? I intend to change careers using this program and had heard anecdotally that it's relatively easy to participate in the on campus recruiting even as an EWMBA. Just interested to hear your take.

Hmm thought I replied to this but my post doesn't seem to be here. I meant that I heard current students stressing about recruiting or complaining about the time it takes, not that there were bad outcomes. My impression is that outcomes for ewmba students are pretty positive.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.67

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 12:55
Hi,

I got an invite to interview from Haas. I wanted to know your experiences and what the process looks like.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 13:34
I just received an email for an interview. My stats are a bit off from everyone else so I'm kind of surprised. Female - moved around the world with work, promoted multiple times at a mid-size firm. Work in finance/technology. GMAT is 640 - taken it a few times. GPA is 3.3. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2019, 13:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 145 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap