GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 May 2019, 14:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2019, 20:09
Anyone know whether the non refundable deposit will be applied towards tuition fees or something eventually?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2019, 21:32
sankar769 wrote:
Anyone know whether the non refundable deposit will be applied towards tuition fees or something eventually?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yes; it'll go towards your first semester fees.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Business Development (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2019, 15:51
So I'm in the EWMBA '19 intake, and am planning on moving there in July. My company has an office in Palo Alto, but I'd like to find a place close to campus because I can work 2-3 days a week from home. Anyone have recommendations on areas in Berkeley to avoid? I've heard People's Park is not a great area, but am wondering if that means theft/break-ins or something more serious. Looking at the crime maps, there's a lot of activity but I'm thinking that just may be the by-product of a lot of students/people around. Which places would you not feel safe walking around (as a male) at night? Thanks in advance.
Thread Master - Part Time MBA Programs
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 11:30
raygun1310 wrote:
So I'm in the EWMBA '19 intake, and am planning on moving there in July. My company has an office in Palo Alto, but I'd like to find a place close to campus because I can work 2-3 days a week from home. Anyone have recommendations on areas in Berkeley to avoid? I've heard People's Park is not a great area, but am wondering if that means theft/break-ins or something more serious. Looking at the crime maps, there's a lot of activity but I'm thinking that just may be the by-product of a lot of students/people around. Which places would you not feel safe walking around (as a male) at night? Thanks in advance.

People's Park is on Haste and Telegraph, which is two to three blocks away from the campus (Telegraph / Bancroft). It is very close to other main UC Berkeley undergrad dorms, such as Unit 1 and Unit 2. This is considered "Southside of Berkeley" and is closer to restaurants in the area called "Asian Ghetto," RSF (Berekley Gym), and college bars. You will be ok walking at night time - Berkeley also offers "BearWalk" (you might want to double check - they used to while i was in undergrad) for students and also UCPD regularly patrols around the campus & Berkeley PD patrols Telegraph / People's Park frequently. I used to walk by People's Park every day and I was fine (male). People have a perception of Oakland being very unsafe, but around the campus and proximity, you should feel safe and will be fine. I even walked around in Oakland with friends (50th-40th street all the way on Telegraph) on Friday / Saturday nights for dinner and drinks.

If you want to live close to Berkeley Haas - northside Berkeley would work. Northside is quieter than Southside. Just note that Berkeley Haas is also situated next to Frat row and Football Stadium, so you will see drunk college students and alumni on Saturdays in the AM and PM.

If you want to stay a bit away from Haas, a few options:

Downtown Berkeley (Shattuck / MLK) - lots of restaurants, bars, lively
Ashby (a station way from Berkeley) - don't know much but definitely close and can bike to campus

PM me if you need more information. Good luck with the move.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Business Development (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 07:57
hanamana wrote:
raygun1310 wrote:

People's Park is on Haste and Telegraph, which is two to three blocks away from the campus (Telegraph / Bancroft). It is very close to other main UC Berkeley undergrad dorms, such as Unit 1 and Unit 2. This is considered "Southside of Berkeley" and is closer to restaurants in the area called "Asian Ghetto," RSF (Berekley Gym), and college bars. You will be ok walking at night time - Berkeley also offers "BearWalk" (you might want to double check - they used to while i was in undergrad) for students and also UCPD regularly patrols around the campus & Berkeley PD patrols Telegraph / People's Park frequently. I used to walk by People's Park every day and I was fine (male). People have a perception of Oakland being very unsafe, but around the campus and proximity, you should feel safe and will be fine. I even walked around in Oakland with friends (50th-40th street all the way on Telegraph) on Friday / Saturday nights for dinner and drinks.

If you want to live close to Berkeley Haas - northside Berkeley would work. Northside is quieter than Southside. Just note that Berkeley Haas is also situated next to Frat row and Football Stadium, so you will see drunk college students and alumni on Saturdays in the AM and PM.

If you want to stay a bit away from Haas, a few options:

Downtown Berkeley (Shattuck / MLK) - lots of restaurants, bars, lively
Ashby (a station way from Berkeley) - don't know much but definitely close and can bike to campus

PM me if you need more information. Good luck with the move.

Thank you - this is very useful and helps a lot. The Bearwalk and PD patrols are good to know - doesn't seem like it'll be a big deal then. I actually used to live in Oakland/Temescal for a year or so and didn't feel that area was too unsafe (though I wouldn't walk around every night). Much appreciated.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 09:39
Does Haas conduct background checks on EWMBA admits? Has anyone here received requests from one of the background check companies working with Haas?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2019, 09:45
I did not complete application before the final deadline. However, I received a email directly from an admissions director asking if I was still interested in the program and wish to be a late consideration candidate.

Does everyone receive this invite? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2019, 18:01
Hello everyone,

I had applied for EWMBA at Haas (Round 4). Already done with the interview but haven't heard back anything after that. Anyone else who heard back on the result, or any timeline on when Haas lets the applicants know about the decision (before the last decision date for that particular round)?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2019, 13:32
raygun1310 wrote:

I don't think the people's park thing is that big a deal. Yes a guy got shot there a couple weeks ago but it was targeted, same dude shot a guy in emeryville and in soma/mission(?) that day. The palo alto commute is rough, if I were you I'd try and stay as south as possible, as it takes quite a while to get to north berkeley at rush hour. My gf commutes to the ~south bay and we're looking for something newer in downtown berkeley, south berkeley, and north oakland. West Berkeley has some great stuff but it's only a good location if you work in the city.

Does anyone know if we can change our class schedule? Like if I want to switch a core class or add a 1 hour class from the academic calendar it looks like I can do that starting a week before class? Academic adviser hasn't been really helpful so far =(
S

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2019, 13:45
mbawootwoot wrote:
raygun1310 wrote:

I don't think the people's park thing is that big a deal. Yes a guy got shot there a couple weeks ago but it was targeted, same dude shot a guy in emeryville and in soma/mission(?) that day. The palo alto commute is rough, if I were you I'd try and stay as south as possible, as it takes quite a while to get to north berkeley at rush hour. My gf commutes to the ~south bay and we're looking for something newer in downtown berkeley, south berkeley, and north oakland. West Berkeley has some great stuff but it's only a good location if you work in the city.

Does anyone know if we can change our class schedule? Like if I want to switch a core class or add a 1 hour class from the academic calendar it looks like I can do that starting a week before class? Academic adviser hasn't been really helpful so far =(

Your cohort and Fall 2019 course information will be released on 6/28. Classes will be assigned to each cohort by mid July, according to EWMBA website. You will have to discuss class changes with your academic adviser, but given that we haven't had the orientation yet, I'd suggest you to wait. Back when I was at Cal for undergrad, we were able to change classes even after classes began. I wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able to adjust your schedule, especially for a program tailored towards working professionals.
S

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2019, 13:49
Everyone who has committed to attend Berkeley: Your financial aid information is available on Cal Central. Make sure you check the award details and action accordingly.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2019, 13:12
human9969 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I had applied for EWMBA at Haas (Round 4). Already done with the interview but haven't heard back anything after that. Anyone else who heard back on the result, or any timeline on when Haas lets the applicants know about the decision (before the last decision date for that particular round)?

I am still waiting for a decision and I believe that they release the decision for the Round 3 and Round 4 at one time which is May 31st.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 18 May 2019, 13:12

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   [ 212 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap