GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 09:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 17:28
bdu wrote:
Also do we get to choose our schedule? Evening vs weekend?

Posted from my mobile device

I think we’ve all chosen or mentioned our preference regarding the schedule. They’ll assign the cohorts and there’s a process to request a change which includes a justification for the change, etc. I believe I found that in the new admits webpage .
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 17:50
sankar769 wrote:
Click the "New admit website" and there is a new admit enrollment checklist. There it says scholarship information will be available April 18th

Thanks - hopefully they can provide some info earlier as that just leaves us a few days to evaluate the offer in full if any $$ is given.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 18:18
raygun1310 wrote:
sankar769 wrote:
Click the "New admit website" and there is a new admit enrollment checklist. There it says scholarship information will be available April 18th

Thanks - hopefully they can provide some info earlier as that just leaves us a few days to evaluate the offer in full if any $$ is given.

I was wondering about that too. I had also applied for the need based Shapansky grant and got an email asking to provide some proof of financial status- tax forms etc. anyone else got this? Also it’s hilarious, the email seems to have been copied from last year- they were asking for 2017 W2 and asked to submit before June 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 20:30
I haven’t heard anything - no email or update to the portal. Do they email and update the portal for denials as well?

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 20:50
Insurancegirl wrote:
I haven’t heard anything - no email or update to the portal. Do they email and update the portal for denials as well?

Insurancegirl

Yes. They should update the portals even for the denials as well. Did you find out yet?
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 21:30
Berkeley Haas DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 33 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q49 V40), GPA: 4, Industry: Computer Hardware, WE 104, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 41 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 21:35
workout wrote:
Insurancegirl wrote:

Yes. They should update the portals even for the denials as well. Did you find out yet?

Still nothing :( Anyone else having this problem?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 22:07
Insurancegirl wrote:
workout wrote:
Insurancegirl wrote:

If it doesn't update by tomorrow AM, I suggest calling admissions for status.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 22:32
Insurancegirl wrote:
workout wrote:
Insurancegirl wrote:

Insurancegirl

Try calling them. I am not sure if they'll pick up as it is already weekend but email them as well.
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2019, 13:58
I just got the admit to the EWMBA, yay! Not so yay- I’ll be moving to San Diego in the next couple of months for a job change. So far I had only considered going to Haas being local to San Francisco.

Now that I may have to commute every week from SD I’m trying to evaluate my experience in the program. Can any recent admits or current students who are commuting in for classes every week comment on this? What is the effect on participation in networking events, happy hours, group projects, study groups etc if you’re commuting from somewhere as far as a 1-2 hr flight?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 08:29
sankar769 wrote:
I just got the admit to the EWMBA, yay! Not so yay- I’ll be moving to San Diego in the next couple of months for a job change. So far I had only considered going to Haas being local to San Francisco.

Now that I may have to commute every week from SD I’m trying to evaluate my experience in the program. Can any recent admits or current students who are commuting in for classes every week comment on this? What is the effect on participation in networking events, happy hours, group projects, study groups etc if you’re commuting from somewhere as far as a 1-2 hr flight?

Just got the admit in R2 as well. I'll be commuting from OC every weekend. I've talked to a few others currently in the program who are flying from OC/LA area. Feel free to PM me.
Thread Master - Part Time MBA Programs
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 10:13
Congrats everyone! Glad to hear good news from so many. Hope to connect with you all soon :)
Denied
05 Apr, 2019
08 Apr 2019, 10:33
marathonrunner81 GMAT: 700; GPA: 3.5; WE: 172 months; United States, CA; via Portal_update
Frustrated.No waitlist. Just denied. [#permalink]
Admitted from WL
05 Apr, 2019
09 Apr 2019, 10:38
Private, GMAT: 730, Q49, V40; GPA: 4; WE: 104 months; United States, CA; via Portal_update
:) [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '21 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 14:07
Quote:
:)
Admitted from WL on: 2019/04/05
GMAT: 730, Q49, V40
WE: 104 months
Heard back via: Portal_update

Congrats~ what did you do after WL?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 15:31
mitnikkie wrote:
Quote:
:)
Admitted from WL on: 2019/04/05
GMAT: 730, Q49, V40
WE: 104 months
Heard back via: Portal_update

Congrats~ what did you do after WL?

I had also been admitted from WL. In terms of things you can submit to strengthen the application- I think Haas will accept new test scores, resume update. if they need anything else including additional recommendations they will contact you. I heard of some people even getting a second interview request.

I had not been asked for anything else to submit. I attended a couple of events on campus and talked to Admissions directors at the events and also sent a new resume. Previously candidates mentioned they send additional recommendations but Haas specifically said they don’t want recommendations unless asked for.

I suggest going over your application and determine any parts that maybe below average: test scores, essays, work exp etc. It may help to send a new resume and talk/email with Ad com about your motivations. There’s no correct answer, give your best shot. Good luck and hope you’re in soon!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Nonprofit, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 06-14-2015
GPA: 3.93
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 15:15
Late to this thread, but I was just invited to interview and came here looking for info on the new Group Interview format. Anyone have info on this? My application was submitted in R4.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2019, 07:38
Anyone going to the new student reception tonight?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2019, 10:22
I am, are people bringing their partners to the partner panel/reception?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2019, 11:22
For those admitted in R1/R2 and have been through background check, etc, is there anything I need to get ready for the background check? Like paystubs/W2s, proof of extracurriculars, etc.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 18 Apr 2019, 11:22

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14    Next  [ 272 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy