Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [10]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools: ISB '24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: ISB '21 (WL)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB '21 (D)
GRE 1: Q170 V152
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Re: Ask Us Anything ISB PGP 2020-21 Admissions | Official ISB Thread [#permalink]
Hi Isb team,

Can anyone tell me how ISB compare GRE scores with GMAT ? I know people of same profile with 680 in GMAT getting admits and whereas I don't even receive an interview call at a GMAT equivalent score of 700. GRE score 322 (170Q 150V). If these people are biased towards GMAT, they should tell in advance rather than keeping quiet and wasting an entire year of people like us.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [3]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: NUS
Send PM
Re: Ask Us Anything ISB PGP 2020-21 Admissions | Official ISB Thread [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
I see the age range of ISB class of 2020 is from 22-46 but well, that's just the range. What percentage of students at ISB are above 30 years of age? The average age is 26.6 (again, that isn't sufficient to predict the >30 years age students).

Why does it matter to a 30+ year applicant?

It does, tremendously so because let's face it, if the largest pool in the campus is way younger to you, you are an odd one out and most companies visiting the campus for placements prefer people of a certain age bracket because of they 'fit-in'.Now before people pounce upon me and tell me that there are companies who come looking for experienced people from ISB (who are above 30?) I find it so hard to believe. Maybe a couple of companies do come and recruit but for most companies, the 30+ folks will be at the other end of the bracket. y recruit from campus when you can get people in that age bracket to fill mid-level roles laterally from the market?

There will be profile shortlisting, and in cases, you might find that there's just one factor- 'age', which is not in your control that is acting against you and you see the young crowd (as you can clearly see in the profile evaluation forums, 22-27 seems to be the age group that's right for ISB. Maybe 28, 29 to some extent). For the love of God, please do not believe in people who say that your age and experience will give you an edge over that young person who is competing for the same job- No, not at least at ISB as this is not an EMBA (like the ones offered by other International MBA programs where the average age is well above 30 and there are true leadership roles)

Tldr: Can some ISB alum, throw light on what percentage of students are above 30 and if what I wrote does make some sense on an average? Please do not give one example of one guy in one batch who was above 30 and landed a great job. Average is the need of the hour
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi.

Is it true that many students from the current batch have deferred admissions to next year?

If so, how does that affect chances for fresh applicants next year?
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 618
GRE 1: Q165 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V163

GRE 3: Q170 V163
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Vicky290 wrote:
Hi.

Is it true that many students from the current batch have deferred admissions to next year?

I have been hearing this quite a bit too. Any current students with an idea about this?

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [1]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Kudos
elPatron434 wrote:
Vicky290 wrote:
Hi.

I have been hearing this quite a bit too. Any current students with an idea about this?

Not sure about the exact number, but one of my friends deferred in R3 last year. He says the number is close to 200.
But again, its all hearsay.
Hi!
Just want to know if the school will contact my present H.R. before I am selected or after, as I am asked to fill in the H.R. contact details in the application

Thanks
Sahir
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
sahirelavia wrote:
Hi!
Just want to know if the school will contact my present H.R. before I am selected or after, as I am asked to fill in the H.R. contact details in the application

Thanks
Sahir

After.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived ISB Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our ISB Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated ISB Forum for all fresh things related to the ISB MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts