Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [13]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22062 [2]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Calling all GMAT takers March 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thanks for starting this topic!

Please share your prep materials and what you are having a hard time with.

PS. We started a few chat groups of quant and we all question discussions here https://gmatclub.com/chat

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb

Resources I currently use for my prep are given below

Quants:
OG / GMAT Club Math book / GC - Quant Mega thread post / GC - All you need for Quants posts

Verbal:
MGMAT SC Guide / Powerscore CR Bible / RC - I use EMPowerGMAT's RC method and use official questions for practice.

Practice Test:
1.GC Quants Test
2.Veritas Prep Tests
3.GMAT Practice tests for full length practice tests.

I am currently working on P & C problem sets found in Bunuel's signature.

Quant is my weak area. I am working on improving my Quant score by using the Quant Megathread post in GC along with GMAT Club math book. My prep is more Quant focused.

Verbal - I am decent scorer in Verbal. Without much preparation i always score around V34-36. Though my prep is more quant focused, i do not want to not to miss out on verbal so i practice 2 RC Passages a day (RC was on lower side in my first attempt).

Regards
Akadiyan
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 5582 [1]
Given Kudos: 236
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all GMAT takers March 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hii
What are your weak areas in Quant, focus on them by doing questions sets, quizzes.
Also keep on further strengthening the strong areas.
Gmatclub mocks are highly recommended for imbibing the application of concepts.
You can tag me in any quant question you find difficult to understand, I would be happy to help you.
Happy learning :angel:

akadiyan wrote:
bb

Quants:
OG / GMAT Club Math book / GC - Quant Mega thread post / GC - All you need for Quants posts

Verbal:
MGMAT SC Guide / Powerscore CR Bible / RC - I use EMPowerGMAT's RC method and use official questions for practice.

Practice Test:
1.GC Quants Test
2.Veritas Prep Tests

Quant is my weak area. I am working on improving my Quant score by using the Quant Megathread post in GC along with GMAT Club math book. My prep is more Quant focused.

Verbal - I am decent scorer in Verbal. Without much preparation i always score around V34-36. Though my prep is more quant focused, i do not want to not to miss out on verbal so i practice 2 RC Passages a day (RC was on lower side in my first attempt).

Regards
Akadiyan
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Great! If I were you, I would focus more on the arithmetic. Just arithmetic and make sure you can nail any arithmetic question quickly and with 90% precision at the least.

Do you want to counter meeting probability of combinations questions unless you get to Q50. I got my probability question wrong on my GMAT and I still got a Q49 which I feel is respectable :-)

The fundamentals and arithmetic are critical. That is a strong foundation you can’t live without. P&C are the first world problems :-)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi akadiyan,

To start, how long ago did you take the Official GMAT and what were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores? Was that your first attempt or have you taken the GMAT more than once?

With a 620, you're not as far from a 700+ as you might think, but you will have to make some significant changes to how you handle the Quant section, the Verbal section or both before you can consistently score at that higher level. Thankfully, the GMAT is the same consistent, predictable Exam that it's always been, so you CAN train to score at a higher level.

You might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Retired Moderator
Send PM
gmatbusters wrote:
Hii
What are your weak areas in Quant, focus on them by doing questions sets, quizzes.
Also keep on further strengthening the strong areas.
Gmatclub mocks are highly recommended for imbibing the application of concepts.
You can tag me in any quant question you find difficult to understand, I would be happy to help you.
Happy learning :angel:

akadiyan wrote:
bb

Quants:

Verbal:

Practice Test:
1.GC Quants Test
2.Veritas Prep Tests

Regards
Akadiyan

Thanks Quantbusters. I will keep it in mind.

Thanks
Akadiyan
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
bb

I agree with your point about focusing on fundamentals and arithmetic. I actually started from chapter 1 in Quantitative Mega thread which is arithmetic and followed that sequence and Bunuel's signature problems set were part of that exercise.

My next step is to start working on GMAT Club CAT's along with focusing on Arithmetic , Number properties and fundamental areas.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hello All,

An quick update on where i am currently with my preparation

By this weekend i am done with going through all chapters in Quant megathread once. I got access to GMAT Club tests for a month. I have planned to work on GMAT Club tests as section wise quizzes this time.

My plan is to do a quick revision of a chapter from Quant megathread and then attempt GC Quant quizzes for that particular chapter difficulty wise. For Example, i started with a quick revision of chapter No 1 - Arithmetic and now working on solving 500 level PS/DS questions in Arithmetic and then to 600 and 700 level.

BTW, i did not forget verbal altogether. I am following an very important advice given by abhimahna in his debrief - 2 RC's / day without fail.

At this time i remember a quote i saw in pushpitkc signature a while back “You’ve got what it takes, but it will take everything you’ve got.” How true it is.

Akadiyan
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22062 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
akadiyan wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep

Thanks very much for your support. The blog "Developing the Proper Mindset For GMAT Success" is what i needed exactly at this moment.

Also when i was reading TTP Blog , i came across this blog "https://blog.targettestprep.com/studying-for-gmat-while-working/". Both these pages actually helped me learn something new and very much essential.

PS: I have been using GMAT Equation guide by TTP for quick reference before my practice tests. The Equation guide is very very detailed and am using it more like a flash card to revise whenever i get time. :thumbup:

Thanks much
Akadiyan

I'm happy to help!! Feel free to reach out if you need anything else.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [1]
Given Kudos: 333
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: HBS '21 ISB'22
GPA: 4
WE:Other (Retail Banking)
Send PM