Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi KapilJohn,

From the details that you have provided, it's hard to comment much on your profile. Your undergrad education does not sound very great (with an average GPA). Your ECs from college seems amazing. But they will become quite old at the time you apply. Is there something that you pursue now, beyond work? If not, you should. Just take up any hobby or start doing theater in some NGO etc to spread social messages, that will show your passion towards theatre. However, there seem to be many unknowns in your work experience, like what is the consulting firm? what is your position? are you leading someone? etc etc. Happy to evaluate and guide you further once you provide these details. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond

With more than 8 years of experience spanning across entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship, Shantanu has worked across the globe as a Procurement Manager, Product Manager (Marketing, Operations, Payments and Risk/ Fraud), Growth Consultant, eventually unraveling his love for helping candidates with their MBA application as a Coach. Shantanu started coaching applicants, with his team, right after he graduated from INSEAD in 2017. Have a look at his success stories and some real essays of his clients
KapilJohn wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted some honest opinions on my current profile for applying to HEC in the year 2022.

Background: 24, Male, British citizen

Education: Studied Electronics & Telecommunications engineering from a premier college in India with an average GPA

Extra-curricular activities: Led my college's street-theatre club for 4 years. We were a group of 15-20 people who performed plays in public spaces and gatherings for awareness on social topics and have won 40+ accolades for the same.

Work experience: Have been working in a reputed consulting firm for 2 years. Will work for 2 more years before applying

GMAT 1st attempt: 690
GMAT 2nd attempt: Tentatively 720 (Planning to take it in October 2020)

Honest opinions and suggestions appreciated :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

I'm applying for HEC Paris MBA. My profile:
- Currently 28 years old, 4 years of experience (last 3 in strategy consulting)
- Engineering cum laude graduate (4.0 GPA - top 7% of my university)
- GMAT 680 (Q48 V35) IR 6 - this is my best score!
- Male from Italy

Do I fit? Does number of GMAT attempts matter?
Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello Dinolino,
You have good chances to get into HEC. Though your GMAT and WE is little on the lower side of the average, it is not so low that you cannot compensate for it through your stories of impact at work and your very high GPA. I am missing details of your WE, names of companies you worked with, etc., so won’t be able to comment further. I am also missing details of your Volunteering and EC activities. Make sure that your essays demonstrate, i.e., academic excellence, a strong sense of community and a commitment to diversity.
The AdCom only looks at your highest GMAT score.
Hope this helps.
Dinolino wrote:
Hi,

I'm applying for HEC Paris MBA. My profile:
- Currently 28 years old, 4 years of experience (last 3 in strategy consulting)
- Engineering cum laude graduate (4.0 GPA - top 7% of my university)
- GMAT 680 (Q48 V35) IR 6 - this is my best score!
- Male from Italy

Do I fit? Does number of GMAT attempts matter?
Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi folks, please evaluate my profile for HEC MBA, would also welcome other b school suggestions based on my profile.

Female, 25 yo, Indian.

Class 10 - CGPA 10/10
Class 12 - 95.6%

Studied for the better part of my teen years in Saudi Arabia ( from an Indian school though, so the scores are CBSE board exam scores )

B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from NIT-Trichy (Very well recognized, national institute in India) CGPA - 8.2/10

Was a part of the social responsibility club in my college and organized a lot of events and drives.

Also a trained indian classical singer , was lead vocalist in the music troupe of my college.

Have been working in Fidelity Investments (financial service sector) as a software developer for 3 years. Developed a taste for finance on the job and now I am hoping to take learn furthur :)
No promotion as yet.

Taking the GMAT next week and hoping for above 700.

Please let me know what my chances are. Thanks a ton!

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi jpan,

Your undergrad institution and stats are great and if you achieve your target GMAT, you're pretty much sorted for this part. You have not provided details of your work-ex like if you've won any awards or mentored anyone which may be counted as leadership experience, so would like to know more on this. But no promotion in three years does not sound very good. So, I think with more details of your work, I would be able to better assess and guide you. You have been involved in a lot of activities during college which surely will help you. But are you involved in any ECs now? Even if you are not associated with something formal, your hobbies can still be counted with better presentation. So, overall before knowing further details about your work-ex and ECs, it's hard to evaluate your profile for HEC or any other school. Feel free to reach out to us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma,
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
Linkedin

With more than 8 years of experience spanning across entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship, Shantanu has worked across the globe as a Procurement Manager, Product Manager (Marketing, Operations, Payments and Risk/ Fraud), Growth Consultant, eventually unraveling his love for helping candidates with their MBA application as a Coach. Shantanu started coaching applicants, with his team, right after he graduated from INSEAD in 2017. Have a look at his success stories and some real essays of his clients
jpan wrote:
Hi folks, please evaluate my profile for HEC MBA, would also welcome other b school suggestions based on my profile.

Female, 25 yo, Indian.

Class 10 - CGPA 10/10
Class 12 - 95.6%

Studied for the better part of my teen years in Saudi Arabia ( from an Indian school though, so the scores are CBSE board exam scores )

B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from NIT-Trichy (Very well recognized, national institute in India) CGPA - 8.2/10

Was a part of the social responsibility club in my college and organized a lot of events and drives.

Also a trained indian classical singer , was lead vocalist in the music troupe of my college.

Have been working in Fidelity Investments (financial service sector) as a software developer for 3 years. Developed a taste for finance on the job and now I am hoping to take learn furthur :)
No promotion as yet.

Taking the GMAT next week and hoping for above 700.

Please let me know what my chances are. Thanks a ton!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

I wanted some honest opinions on my current profile for applying to LBS for the 2021 intake.

Background: 27, Male, Indian citizen

Education: Bachelor of Science in Physics (Honors degree) with a score of 70.42%.

Extra-curricular activities: Nothing major, but
1. was part of film society in college (we organized movie screenings and discussion around movie budget and makings)
2. campus ambassador for a physics fest in my college
3. Volunteered in a NGO for 3 years and taught kids
4. Keep participating in chess competitions as well, never won any (but I have a decent rating)

Work experience:
1. Worked at ZS for >3 years with fortune 500 clients in pharma domain. Managed projects and teams as well. Worked on exciting strategy related project as well.

2. Worked at the Economist group for 3 years and managed a few global products for them and worked on exciting public policy and healthcare engagements.

GRE: 325 (156 V + 169 Q)

Target schools: LBS, HEC, Cambridge, ISB, Rotterdam

Honest opinions and suggestions appreciated
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Program: Master in Management / Master in International Finance [Targeting R1 deadlines]

Background and nationality: 20 years old, Indian female.

Undergrad Information: BBA (Twinning program between an Indian target school and a mid-range French Grande Ecole). Spent 2 years in India with a grade of 84% and 1 year in France with a GPA of 16.1/20.

GMAT: 710, IELTS: 8.5

Work experience and leadership: Three internships in financial services industry (one for each summer in undergrad), no big internationally recognised brand names. Currently working in a small team of management consultants (finance-centric role) and will be working here for the next year.

Also did some macroeconomic research and some market research part-time during college.

Acted as event head for a debating competition managed by students in India. Have taken on leadership roles for most group projects in college.

Community and others: Part of an LGBTQ+ students association, did volunteering work in France. Participated in and won some debating competitions in college. Play acoustic guitar and produce music occasionally.

Additional information: Studied in France for 1 year after receiving a 40% merit-based scholarship on tuition fee from the school.

Please let me know what my chances are like! I understand my GMAT lies exactly at the median so I'm quite unsure. Hope my profile description wasn't overkill :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Program: Master in International Finance [Targeting R2 deadlines]

Background and nationality: 24 years old, Italian Male

Undergrad Information: BBA Final Grade: 107/110 ( GPA:27/30)
Master in Banking and Finance Final Grade: 110/110 with honours (GPA:28.9/30)

GMAT: 710 (Q49), IELTS: 7.5

Work experience and leadership: Two internship:
1. Biggest insurance company in France : 6 month internship as investment advisory
2. PwC: 6 months internship as auditor for FI ( Top 3 final grade from over 70 trainee)

Please let me know what are my chances to enter into this program and where do you think I have room for improvement.
Thanks in advance for everyone
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sahilkm,

Your stats seem decent for all these colleges (GRE slightly low for LBS, but your non-engineering background should help). You have worked at ZS, so that is good and seems like you've worked for some good clients and in a good role. Your role at the Economist group seems different and interesting as well. Try to bring leadership and impact from your work. Your ECs seem decent as well. Overall, you have a decent profile and the presentation of your essays and application matter more. Also, shortlisting schools is an extensive process, so before commenting on your chances at them, I need to have a better picture of your profile. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you to discuss your profile at length and try to guide you better. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma,
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
Linkedin

Sahilkm wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted some honest opinions on my current profile for applying to LBS for the 2021 intake.

Background: 27, Male, Indian citizen

Education: Bachelor of Science in Physics (Honors degree) with a score of 70.42%.

Extra-curricular activities: Nothing major, but
1. was part of film society in college (we organized movie screenings and discussion around movie budget and makings)
2. campus ambassador for a physics fest in my college
3. Volunteered in a NGO for 3 years and taught kids
4. Keep participating in chess competitions as well, never won any (but I have a decent rating)

Work experience:
1. Worked at ZS for >3 years with fortune 500 clients in pharma domain. Managed projects and teams as well. Worked on exciting strategy related project as well.

2. Worked at the Economist group for 3 years and managed a few global products for them and worked on exciting public policy and healthcare engagements.

GRE: 325 (156 V + 169 Q)

Target schools: LBS, HEC, Cambridge, ISB, Rotterdam

Honest opinions and suggestions appreciated
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello roomonfire,
You have an amazing profile for both the MIM and Master in International Finance courses. I would say focus on putting together stellar applications than your GMAT score. It shouldn’t be a deterrent for you.
roomonfire wrote:
Program: Master in Management / Master in International Finance [Targeting R1 deadlines]

Background and nationality: 20 years old, Indian female.

Undergrad Information: BBA (Twinning program between an Indian target school and a mid-range French Grande Ecole). Spent 2 years in India with a grade of 84% and 1 year in France with a GPA of 16.1/20.

GMAT: 710, IELTS: 8.5

Work experience and leadership: Three internships in financial services industry (one for each summer in undergrad), no big internationally recognised brand names. Currently working in a small team of management consultants (finance-centric role) and will be working here for the next year.

Also did some macroeconomic research and some market research part-time during college.

Acted as event head for a debating competition managed by students in India. Have taken on leadership roles for most group projects in college.

Community and others: Part of an LGBTQ+ students association, did volunteering work in France. Participated in and won some debating competitions in college. Play acoustic guitar and produce music occasionally.

Additional information: Studied in France for 1 year after receiving a 40% merit-based scholarship on tuition fee from the school.

Please let me know what my chances are like! I understand my GMAT lies exactly at the median so I'm quite unsure. Hope my profile description wasn't overkill :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HEC ISB'22 (A)
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Hi all,

Would be grateful if you could evaluate my profile for HEC Class of 2022. Planning to apply for Sep 21 intake.

I am from India. Graduated from premier engineering college of India (IIT Kanpur). With a 8.3/10 GPA.

GMAT: 750

I have 4+ years of Work experience. Have worked in analytics at Mckinsey & Company and As a consultant in social impact space

Post MBA goals - Post MBA, I would want to work in Consulting (MBB), preferably in social impact practice

International experience is limited - I did a 3 month summer internship at US. Professional conferences in Africa.

How are my chances at HEC for admission and scholarship both?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello amandg,
You have a very good profile, with very strong chances of both admissions and scholarship. Your WE at McKinsey adds to your profile. Having worked as a social impact consultant, your post-MBA goals make a lot of sense; however, the chronology of your experience will also matter here. What you would now need to do is present a very compelling case for your goals through the essays, and demonstrate the impact you have created in the past, and leadership examples.
I am missing details of your EC and volunteering here. Examples of good EC are those where you have been able to utilize skills learnt from your WE and apply them for the larger benefit of the community.
You may also want to consider Dalberg other than MBB if you are interested in social impact and INSEAD for your MBA.

amandg wrote:
Hi all,

Would be grateful if you could evaluate my profile for HEC Class of 2022. Planning to apply for Sep 21 intake.

I am from India. Graduated from premier engineering college of India (IIT Kanpur). With a 8.3/10 GPA.

I have 4+ years of Work experience. Have worked in analytics at Mckinsey & Company and As a consultant in social impact space

Post MBA goals - Post MBA, I would want to work in Consulting (MBB), preferably in social impact practice

International experience is limited - I did a 3 month summer internship at US. Professional conferences in Africa.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
Send PM
Expert Reply
amandg hi,
Shimri from ARINGO here.
We have worked with many Indian candidates on HEC and I think your profile is one of the strongest, yet, I am still missing some info on your profile.
I don't know your gender, did you work for 4 years at Mckinsey or less? Why do you need an MBA to work at an MBB (if you have already worked there?) any managerial experience? any international experience?

All in all, sounds like you have a solid profile! for any European school (why only HEC?).

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps if you send me your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!

amandg wrote:
Hi all,

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
I'm an Indian Female with 5+ years of work ex in tech startups.
I work on research and strategy and lead my own team and also have some experience in product management.
Post MBA - I would like to continue in the tech space and eventually be a product leader.

I'm a Mathematics graduate from a top college in Delhi University. Scored a 60% overall.
GMAT - 660 (Q47/V35)
Language certification: Spanish A2

Schools/programs I'm looking at - IE tech MBA, Cambridge, Oxford, IESE, INSEAD, HEC Paris
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 889 [0]
Given Kudos: 354
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Hello,

I wanted to share my profile and get a realistic review.

Background: Male: 31 years old, Indian residing in Poland

Education: Btech in Electronics and Telecommunication from the University of Pune (not so renowned college) with distinction (>67%) through-out.

Work experience: 9+ years in the Automotive industry (worked with 3 multi-national companies) testing various products related to Safety, and quality. Have worked in 3 continents India (the majority of the time), US (1.5 yrs), and Bulgaria, EU (~1.5 months). I led a team of close to 10 engineers and helped set up a team in the US during my time.
Quit my job last year and relocated to Poland with my wife who has been working here for the past 3 years. This relocation gave me time for some self-reflection and eventually I decided to start my own start-up which is pretty much on the same lines as my career i.e. providing test solutions and services to automotive industries. Have been working on this for close to 7 months now and very recently founded the company with few other co-founders.

Extracurricular activities:- Jack of all trades, master of none. I have been heavily involved in various sports such as Football, Cricket, Table Tennis, Snooker, Volleyball, Basketball in college as well as in my whole career. Have captained and represented teams in various events that have taken place.

GMAT: 720 (Q50, V38, IR2, AWA 5) -> I received IR 8 in my last 2 attempts. So planning to leverage that in the additional component of the essay (Would that be a good plan? Would college consider it?)

Schools: LBS, INSEAD, Judge, HEC, Said, IESE --> in that order

Goal of MBA:
Plan A- To get a good grasp on Entrepreneurship and go on and become a serial entrepreneur.
Plan B- To get a good consulting job for an Automotive client

Why MBA: Having worked for 9 years in corporate industry and an year in my own start-up, I feel I have a knack for Entrepreneurship though there are various gaps in my knowledge to reach my goals such as the various strategies that can be applied to a problem set, how to grasp hold of customers, Negotation skills etc. I believe an MBA could help me fill these gaps and make me a better entrepreneur who can look at a problem from various angles.

Why in Eu :- First off, European schools have a diversity of >90% international students. One of the most important selection criteria for me. Secondly, given my age, I feel a short program (1-1.5 yrs) is best for my needs. Having worked in various roles, I have a feel for the hard-work that the intense course of 1 year needs. Moreover, having worked in US and India, I find European work culture the best. My wife has been working here for quite sometime as well. So all in all Eu suits best for me.

LORs:-
Have a primary LOR from my manager during my time in the US.
Looking to get one more LOR from my very recent manager.

Let me know if any other information is needed.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

I am an Indian male applicant with a GMAT score of 700.
Work Experience: 2 years as an IT consultant, 1 year as a marketing manager in my family business.
Class X: 9.4
Class XII: 87%
Electrical & Electronics Engineering: 7.87

My co-curricular is also pretty strong as I've been playing guitar since 15 years and currently have 2 singles & an album released on all digital platforms with my band.

I would really request someone to evaluate my profile and advise me accordingly. I applied to HEC this year in May for Sept'20 intake but got rejected. Should I go for early deadlines for Sep'21 or should I wait?

Any help would be great. Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
Send PM
Expert Reply
jjojo wrote:
Hi,
I'm an Indian Female with 5+ years of work ex in tech startups.
I work on research and strategy and lead my own team and also have some experience in product management.
Post MBA - I would like to continue in the tech space and eventually be a product leader.

I'm a Mathematics graduate from a top college in Delhi University. Scored a 60% overall.
GMAT - 660 (Q47/V35)
Language certification: Spanish A2

Schools/programs I'm looking at - IE tech MBA, Cambridge, Oxford, IESE, INSEAD, HEC Paris

jjojo hi,
Shimri from ARINGO here

It sounds like you have a very strong educational background and good (and interesting, and different) work experience. Various startups, managing your own team => all sound great!
I am missing some info (hobbies, volunteering, international experience...) but... the biggest issue is your GMAT.

All in all, sounds like you have a solid profile yet a mediocre GMAT and with a strong application, you can definitely make it into at least one of the schools you mentioned! Your highest chances are at the IE Tech MBA (good chances + great fit to your profile), the other schools are all a bit of a stretch due to GMAT, but I have seen it done and like I said, I might be missing some info..

Happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps if you send me your CV and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

GOOD LUCK!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  30