GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 08 Jul 2020, 02:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 08 Jun 2020, 05:26
Hi yadavsaransh

Firstly, you’ve got a decent score there (especially in times like these). And looks like you’ve got a good entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial background and an experience with an early-stage startup always sets your application apart because of the diverse experiences you gather (however it would be great to know more about your experience for me to have a better understanding of your profile)
Looking at the current situation (the times we are living in), I would recommend you to go for S21 instead of J21.

In your application, HEC wants to see ambitious career aspirations and backgrounds. You’ll want to focus on how HEC’s international scope, deep academic rigor, program structure, and access to a worldwide network connects with your goals and aspirations.

What’s going to matter most is how you highlight the following in your application:
1. Global career vision
2. How HEC is unique in helping you achieve your goals
3. How you connect your narrative and career vision to HEC’s values

Hope my answer helped you :)

Cheers!

Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

yadavsaransh wrote:
Hello,

Looking for profile evaluation as well as suggestions on whether it's better to apply to J21 or S21. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Background and nationality: Indian male, 26
BBA from 2nd ranked college for the course in India

Undergrad Information: BBA, 3/4
Multiple collegiate sports medals as well as leadership positions

GMAT: 710

Work experience and leadership: 4.5 years, exclusively at early-stage startups. Lead teams in every company, initiated multiple markets and setup sales departments.

Community and others: 15 years of annual participation in a family-organized, public feast for farmers and underprivileged

Post-MBA goals: Working in Marketing and Sales for consumer products brand leveraging sustainability and tech. Eg- tesla, noah

Originally posted by MBAnBConsulting on 23 May 2020, 04:08.
Last edited by MBAnBConsulting on 08 Jun 2020, 05:26, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HBS '18, HEC '15
GPA: 3
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
CAT Tests
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2020, 04:59
Hello , I am an Indian male, 33 year of age. I shall be completing 10 years of experience in sales , worked for Indian, Danish, Japanese & swedish companies.
Adjudged best performer 2 times ( once in Denish & another time in Swedish MNC).
Gone through various roles in sales such as sales engineer, area sales manager, Key accounts manager & channel manager.
I do not have internal team reporting to me , but do have a team of more than 20 people report to me through various channel/distributors established by the company, where people of various age group from 20's to 50's report to me.
Along with my current role i also coordinate & work at national level for competetor intelligence team.
The manufacturing sector i work for has very horizontal structure, i have always reported to the country manager and their is no position in between.

As per extra curricular i have been a monitor in my school( longest tenure for performance ), contested for class representative but stood 2nd. I write for men's rights part time & work with organisation who fight for men's right. Undergoing french classes , business analyst course.

CGPA- 2.8
Request you to please evaluate , i intend to apply for S21.
SVP
SVP
D
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2020, 07:56
manojrana wrote:
Hello , I am an Indian male, 33 year of age. I shall be completing 10 years of experience in sales , worked for Indian, Danish, Japanese & swedish companies.
Adjudged best performer 2 times ( once in Denish & another time in Swedish MNC).
Gone through various roles in sales such as sales engineer, area sales manager, Key accounts manager & channel manager.
I do not have internal team reporting to me , but do have a team of more than 20 people report to me through various channel/distributors established by the company, where people of various age group from 20's to 50's report to me.
Along with my current role i also coordinate & work at national level for competetor intelligence team.
The manufacturing sector i work for has very horizontal structure, i have always reported to the country manager and their is no position in between.

As per extra curricular i have been a monitor in my school( longest tenure for performance ), contested for class representative but stood 2nd. I write for men's rights part time & work with organisation who fight for men's right. Undergoing french classes , business analyst course.

CGPA- 2.8

Hi Manojrana,
Are you applying without a GMAT score? If that is the case, your low CGPA will not help. Although I am wondering if you converted your %age marks to a 4 point scale. Bschoos dont require you to convert your marks, so don't do it, you may just land up reporting the wrong marks.
Your work experience is interesting and you must emphasize upto your leadership- whether you have a direct reporting line or not. Your ECAs at school dont count as they are very far back into the day. "Fighting for men's rights" could be an interesting piece in your profile, but at this point its hard for me to comment as I will need to know more.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Manager
Manager
S
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 08 Jun 2020, 05:25
Hi manojrana

First of all, You working for ‘men’s rights’ is something that really caught my eye. You should definitely bring that out in your essays.It could be one of the things that can set your application apart. I can see that you also have quite a good amount of international experience. As for ‘leading a team’, I wouldn’t bother so much about not having an internal team reporting to me, as long as I can portray other examples to highlight my leadership skills.

A couple of quick questions to assess your chances better:
1. Is that the CGPA you got or you used some converter to estimate your CGPA?
2. Have you taken GMAT or are you applying without one?
3. What’syour post-MBA goals?

HEC expects you to highlight the following in your application: :
1. Global career vision
2. How HEC is unique in helping you achieve your goals
3. How you connect your narrative and career vision to HEC’s values

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Schedule a free session
Linkedin

manojrana wrote:

CGPA- 2.8

Originally posted by MBAnBConsulting on 26 May 2020, 05:38.
Last edited by MBAnBConsulting on 08 Jun 2020, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 04:41
Hi,

Considering applying next year.

How good are my chances at a HEC Paris MBA?

Brazilian Male, 27
GMAT - 740 (44V, 48Q, 6 AWA, 8 IR)

Education: Denison University (Ohio, USA), BA - Economics and Philosophy double major
GPA: 3.46/4.00 (3.51 Econ in-major GPA, 3.47 Philosophy in-major GPA)

Work-Experience (6 years at the time of application):
Large Brazilian firm in the energy sector (2015-present)
Upon graduation, moved back to Brazil for family reasons, and went into trainee program in the agro-industrial business business branch of a large Brazilian energy company. Focused initially on the sugar cane supply planning and strategy.
For the first year, worked with strategic planning and selection of our cane-supply and land-lease contracts, focusing on market research and farm selection.
Second year, built tool that allowed for our buyers to instantly simulate long-term profits of signing a specific cane-supply or land-lease contract. This analysis tool is, to this day, a mandatory step when sigining any feedstock contract.
Third year, helped the company re-think its capex decision matrix, created and implemented tools to add clarity and set up governance to the decision-making process. Built business cases for large-scale, long-term irrigation projects worth tens of millions of dollars in investments. Approved and currently being rolled out.
Fourth year, switched to industrial planning and promoted to senior analyst. Start learning about industrial planning and focus initially on establishing better planning tools to maximize profits in our bioenergy business. Develop optimization tool that allows us to simulate different business scenarios, factoring in dozens of variables from around our business chain, and finding optimal profit scenarios.
Fifth year, now responsible for the long-term operational planning of our bioenergy, sugar and ethanol businesses. Constantly in contact with stakeholders up and down the business chain to ensure the feasibility and profitability of our commercial plans.
Internship (2013)
Internship semester abroad in London, doing macroeconomic research on BRICs for a large German market news firm.

Extracurriculars after college: Volunteer for local NGO offering professional mentoring and apprenticeships to 16- and 17-year olds. Around 20 hrs/year in activities, plus 20+ hours in fundraisers.

Extra-curriculars/employment in college: Off-campus study and internship semester. Economics tutoring. Portuguese TA. International student tutoring. Risk management chair at on-campus fraternity.

Post MBA aspirations:
Work in consulting firm abroad (US/Europe) upon graduation, eventually move back into planning in the energy or technology sectors.

Other schools: Duke, INSEAD, HEC, Oxford, ESADE, Bocconi

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 05:24
Hi brasilianboi

Firstly, congratulations on scoring 740 in GMAT. And HEC is a great choice of school if consulting is your post-mba goal. 27% of the class of 2019 went for consulting (as per the employment stats: https://www.hec.edu/en/mba-programs/mba ... statistics)

In addition to academic performance and solid GMAT scores, HEC wants to see ambitious career aspirations and backgrounds. HEC looks out for 'global career vision' in MBA applicants. I believe that your 'bioenergy' experience can be used as a good example to portray 'global career vision'.

With your profile and GMAT score, I see a fair chance for you to make it to HEC.
While writing your application, make sure you focus on how HEC’s international scope, deep academic rigor, program structure, and access to a worldwide network connects with your goals and aspirations.

As for other schools you mentioned, I feel you've got a fair chance in SAID (Oxford) as well.
Let me know if you'd like to get into a detailed discussion for other schools you are looking at. I am happy to make time to evaluate your profile for all of them.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session
Linkedin

brasilianboi wrote:
Hi,

Considering applying next year.

How good are my chances at a HEC Paris MBA?

Brazilian Male, 27
GMAT - 740 (44V, 48Q, 6 AWA, 8 IR)

Education: Denison University (Ohio, USA), BA - Economics and Philosophy double major
GPA: 3.46/4.00 (3.51 Econ in-major GPA, 3.47 Philosophy in-major GPA)

Work-Experience (6 years at the time of application):
Large Brazilian firm in the energy sector (2015-present)
Upon graduation, moved back to Brazil for family reasons, and went into trainee program in the agro-industrial business business branch of a large Brazilian energy company. Focused initially on the sugar cane supply planning and strategy.
For the first year, worked with strategic planning and selection of our cane-supply and land-lease contracts, focusing on market research and farm selection.
Second year, built tool that allowed for our buyers to instantly simulate long-term profits of signing a specific cane-supply or land-lease contract. This analysis tool is, to this day, a mandatory step when sigining any feedstock contract.
Third year, helped the company re-think its capex decision matrix, created and implemented tools to add clarity and set up governance to the decision-making process. Built business cases for large-scale, long-term irrigation projects worth tens of millions of dollars in investments. Approved and currently being rolled out.
Fourth year, switched to industrial planning and promoted to senior analyst. Start learning about industrial planning and focus initially on establishing better planning tools to maximize profits in our bioenergy business. Develop optimization tool that allows us to simulate different business scenarios, factoring in dozens of variables from around our business chain, and finding optimal profit scenarios.
Fifth year, now responsible for the long-term operational planning of our bioenergy, sugar and ethanol businesses. Constantly in contact with stakeholders up and down the business chain to ensure the feasibility and profitability of our commercial plans.
Internship (2013)
Internship semester abroad in London, doing macroeconomic research on BRICs for a large German market news firm.

Extracurriculars after college: Volunteer for local NGO offering professional mentoring and apprenticeships to 16- and 17-year olds. Around 20 hrs/year in activities, plus 20+ hours in fundraisers.

Extra-curriculars/employment in college: Off-campus study and internship semester. Economics tutoring. Portuguese TA. International student tutoring. Risk management chair at on-campus fraternity.

Post MBA aspirations:
Work in consulting firm abroad (US/Europe) upon graduation, eventually move back into planning in the energy or technology sectors.

Other schools: Duke, INSEAD, HEC, Oxford, ESADE, Bocconi

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HEC
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 09:39
MBA Info

Why I want an MBA:

Want to make my way into environmental / sustainability consulting. I've been working in an industry that is traditionally difficult to become carbon neutral, but our organisation is now completely CO2 negative and want to expand those transitions across industries.

Why I want one now:

Looking to transition out of my current industry, I like what I do but am not a fan of the industry itself.

Target schools:

Reach Schools: HEC Paris, IESE

Target Schools: RSM (Rotterdam), Rotman (Toronto), Ivy (Western)

Background

Work experience:

3.5 years upon matriculation, all at same company - $100M beverage company, distributed internationally (if you're from California you'll 100% know this brand!). Worked as a regional operations manager for a year, managing a team of 16 supply/sales representatives across Canada and Hawaii.

Moved to Montreal to work on our Eastern Canada portfolio and focused on our growth. Due to COVID, I've transitioned to managing our distributor network, supply chain / logistics across Canada, and large-format business development (wearing many hats!).

Extra curriculars and other experience:

Was a varsity athlete for my university, all four years for our rugby team and represented my country at the National level (U-20). Had a couple contracts to go play semi-pro in either France or Australia after graduation, but ended up being diagnosed with cancer and having a tumour the size of a golf-ball located in my spine. Had emergency surgery in the middle of my final semester, still finished with a 4.0 that year. However then spent the next 2 years rehabbing my body so I could walk, run, etc and have recently got back into playing (pre-COVID!). Also do some youth coaching on the side, and am a competitive runner. Also fluent in French.

Undergrad school/major:

Cumulative GPA < 3. Hated my program (Astrophysics), and really didn't know how to properly study while balancing varsity athletics. Really struggled during my first 1.5 years, but turned my **** around after switching programs (business program with history minor), finished with a 3.88 in my final 2.5 years.

Race/nationality: White.

Sex: Male.

Stats

GMAT Score: 670 (Q42 V 40)

Looking to go either J21 or S21 - whichever start date I have a better chance at.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
D
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2020, 18:07
Hi Russthemann ..
I believe you have a good profile and chances to get into your targeted schools. HEC and IESE are considered top tier in Europe but RSM is on the lower tier. However, RSM focuses more on sustainability that might makes you incline towards it. I would suggest to research more on HEC and IESE through alumni network. What should you do to make your post MBA goal feasible from there schools because they have better reputation and strong alumni.

IESE rounds are over. You should target S21 batch for which applications starts in Sep/Oct.
J21 intake is going on for HEC and RSM. The next deadline is in August. You need to hurry up as an International student post admit.

I do not know much about Canadian schools, so cannot comment on them. I know Rotman and Ivey are best :)

Russthemann wrote:
MBA Info

Why I want an MBA:

Want to make my way into environmental / sustainability consulting. I've been working in an industry that is traditionally difficult to become carbon neutral, but our organisation is now completely CO2 negative and want to expand those transitions across industries.

Why I want one now:

Looking to transition out of my current industry, I like what I do but am not a fan of the industry itself.

Target schools:

Reach Schools: HEC Paris, IESE

Target Schools: RSM (Rotterdam), Rotman (Toronto), Ivy (Western)

Background

Work experience:

3.5 years upon matriculation, all at same company - $100M beverage company, distributed internationally (if you're from California you'll 100% know this brand!). Worked as a regional operations manager for a year, managing a team of 16 supply/sales representatives across Canada and Hawaii.

Moved to Montreal to work on our Eastern Canada portfolio and focused on our growth. Due to COVID, I've transitioned to managing our distributor network, supply chain / logistics across Canada, and large-format business development (wearing many hats!).

Extra curriculars and other experience:

Was a varsity athlete for my university, all four years for our rugby team and represented my country at the National level (U-20). Had a couple contracts to go play semi-pro in either France or Australia after graduation, but ended up being diagnosed with cancer and having a tumour the size of a golf-ball located in my spine. Had emergency surgery in the middle of my final semester, still finished with a 4.0 that year. However then spent the next 2 years rehabbing my body so I could walk, run, etc and have recently got back into playing (pre-COVID!). Also do some youth coaching on the side, and am a competitive runner. Also fluent in French.

Undergrad school/major:

Cumulative GPA < 3. Hated my program (Astrophysics), and really didn't know how to properly study while balancing varsity athletics. Really struggled during my first 1.5 years, but turned my **** around after switching programs (business program with history minor), finished with a 3.88 in my final 2.5 years.

Race/nationality: White.

Sex: Male.

Stats

GMAT Score: 670 (Q42 V 40)

Looking to go either J21 or S21 - whichever start date I have a better chance at.

Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 11 Jun 2020, 18:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   [ 288 posts ] 

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership