Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:43 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ishar25 wrote:
hi guys

I need an opinion for my profile evaluation. I am 31 years old currently and approaching 32 next march, I am B.tech (civil engg.) graduate from an institute of national importance in India (NIT), with CGPI of 6.54/10.

I have 10 years of work experience purely in Supply chain management in FMCG sector, with progression from manager to founding team member, where I have made multiple achievements which led to growth of organizations. I am currently running own company, doing trade with UAE and Singapore.

I was once Angel Investor also, and currently active stock market investor mantaining my portfolio's return higher as compared to market indices. I volunteer in an NGO which works towards literacy of underprivileged kids. My Gmat is 670, given without preparation. Is my profile good for HEC with this GMAT or should I consider retake after preparation ?

Hi ishar25,

Thanks for sharing the details with us.

Good to see rich academic pedigree, steep career progression, and meaningful entrepreneurial experience. These can truly help you portray a compelling case.

Having said the above, you must work on improving your GMAT, especially, because you can improve with preparation. Besides, GMAT is an important component of your candidature and has its own weightage. A score in excess of 710 on the GMAT will give you a strong chance at bagging an interview call. A better score will also do justice to your overall case.

Hope this helps.

All the best!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
ishar25 wrote:
hi guys

I need an opinion for my profile evaluation. I am 31 years old currently and approaching 32 next march, I am B.tech (civil engg.) graduate from an institute of national importance in India (NIT), with CGPI of 6.54/10.

I have 10 years of work experience purely in Supply chain management in FMCG sector, with progression from manager to founding team member, where I have made multiple achievements which led to growth of organizations. I am currently running own company, doing trade with UAE and Singapore.

I was once Angel Investor also, and currently active stock market investor mantaining my portfolio's return higher as compared to market indices. I volunteer in an NGO which works towards literacy of underprivileged kids. My Gmat is 670, given without preparation. Is my profile good for HEC with this GMAT or should I consider retake after preparation ?

ishar25 - HEC MBA alum here.

What was the split of your GMAT score i.e. Q/V? A balanced score is better than a skewed one. HEC's last-stated average is around 690. While the GMAT is one aspect of the overall application, a higher score can help, particularly given the Indian applicant perspective. Since HEC has 2 batches (Sep & Jan), you can consider applying accordingly.

Your professional experience appears strong and offers good talking points for the application. While you haven't mentioned your post MBA goals, linking them to your experiences and how/ why an MBA and HEC can help would be crucial.

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out for a deeper chat through the link below.

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
ishar25 wrote:
hi guys

👋 Hey ishar25,

Here is a detailed profile evaluation for you!

Strengths 🌟:
➡️ Diverse Experience: 10 years in Supply Chain Management in FMCG with progression to founding team member adds substantial weight 🚀. Running your own company, dealing with international trade, portrays entrepreneurial spirit and leadership 🌐.
➡️ Investment Acumen: Being an angel investor and maintaining a high-performing stock portfolio demonstrates financial proficiency 💹.
➡️ Community Impact: Volunteering for child literacy implies a strong sense of social responsibility 🌱.
➡️ Institute of National Importance: Graduating from an NIT is prestigious 🎓.

Areas for Enhancement 🛠:
➡️ GMAT Score: A 670 might be slightly on the lower end for HEC Paris, especially considering no preparation.
➡️ CGPA: A 6.54/10 in Civil Engineering might need addressing. So state some of your certifications to showcase your academic prowess or take up some relevant ones from Udemy, coursera, or maybe edx.

Suggestions 📘:
➡️ Retake GMAT: A prepared retake can significantly improve your chances 📈. It will complement your rich, and diverse background. Aim for a 700+ score to offset your GPA.
➡️ Detail Achievements: Provide specific examples of achievements and growth contributions to organizations 📊. Your entrepreneurial journey, the impact of your volunteering, and your successful investments can be compelling narratives.

Target Schools 🎯:
➡️ Dream: HEC Paris, INSEAD, LBS
➡️ Competitive: IE, Warwick, Imperial
➡️ Safe: Manchester, Edinburgh, IESEG, Leeds

Given your profound experience and unique aspects, a finely-crafted application emphasizing your contributions and a higher GMAT can make a compelling case for top schools 🌟.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a FREE call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.

👉 Click Here to Set-Up a FREE Call 👈
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Profile Evaluation for HEC-Yale M2M Program

Background:

Nationality: Indian
Current Year: 4rd Year of B.Tech in Computer Science and Data Science, Honors in Computational Finance
University: Mumbai University

Academic Achievements:

Current GPA: 3.30
GRE Score: 311 (Planning to retake for improvement)

Research and Publications:

Applied for a patent in South Africa
Two research papers published in Scopus-indexed journals
Statistics project under a professor at UC Davis

Internship and Work Experience:

Research Intern at TCS-Research for 2 months
Two meaningful internships in Quantitative Finance at startups; 6 months each
Research Assistant in a personal capacity under a statistics professor in UC Davis

Extracurricular Activities:

Founded and led two Data Science committees in college- conducting hackathons, workshops, raising around 5000 dollars, teaching various domains to a group of 60 students.
Actively involved in research and innovation, including patent applications

I am seeking an evaluation of my profile to assess my chances of admission to the HEC-Yale M2M Program.

Your insights and advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Background:

Current Year: 4rd Year of B.Tech in Computer Science and Data Science, Honors in Computational Finance

Academic Achievements:

Research Assistant in a personal capacity under a statistics professor in UC Davis

Founded and led two Data Science committees in college- conducting hackathons, workshops, raising around 5000 dollars, teaching various domains to a group of 60 students.

I am seeking an evaluation of my profile to assess my chances of admission to the HEC-Yale M2M Program.

Also, if there are any programs I should look into and would be a great fit, please let me know!

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello agreeable_swimmer,

I hope you are doing good. The HEC-Yale M2M program is a highly competitive program offered by HEC Paris and Yale School of Management. Speaking about your academics, B.Tech in Computer Science and Data Science with Honors in Computational Finance, demonstrates a strong foundation in relevant fields. While a GRE score of 311 is acceptable, it's on the lower side for competitive programs like HEC-Yale M2M. Retaking the GRE for improvement is a good idea, especially if you can aim for a score closer to the program's average or above. Your current GPA of 3.30 is decent.

Having applied for a patent and having two research papers published in Scopus-indexed journals is a significant achievement. This demonstrates your research aptitude and commitment to your field. Your internships in Quantitative Finance at startups and research internship at TCS-Research showcase your practical experience in the field, which is highly relevant.

Founding and leading two Data Science committees, conducting hackathons, and raising funds demonstrate leadership and initiative. This is an excellent addition to your profile. Ensure that your recommendation letters are strong and come from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional capabilities.

Statement of Purpose (SOP): Write a compelling SOP that clearly articulates your career goals, how the HEC-Yale M2M program aligns with them, and what unique perspectives and experiences you bring to the program.

As for other programs to consider, you might want to look into similar dual-degree or specialized master's programs in Quantitative Finance or Data Science at other top universities. Some of these programs may have slightly different admission criteria, which could work in your favor.

In conclusion, while your profile is strong in many aspects, improving your GRE score and GPA, along with crafting a compelling SOP and securing strong recommendation letters, will significantly enhance your chances of admission to the HEC-Yale M2M program or similar competitive programs. Good luck with your application process!

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week . We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Feel free to schedule a free profile evaluation call with us to discuss your profile better and give a fair evaluation of your chances of admission to top Business schools.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

agreeable_swimmer wrote:

Background:

Academic Achievements:

Also, if there are any programs I should look into and would be a great fit, please let me know!

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
agreeable_swimmer wrote:

Background:

Academic Achievements:

👋 Hey agreeable_swimmer,

I came across your profile evaluation query on the forum and thought I'd reach out to offer some assistance from my own experience.

So here is what I would suggest:

Academic Achievements:

The current GPA of 3.3 is good and can help you target some of the good schools out there. Mumbai University is a good brand name as well.

You've shown strong research capabilities with a patent application and two published papers in Scopus-indexed journals. Your project under a UC Davis professor enhances your profile, emphasising your research aptitude and collaboration skills.

Your internships, especially in quantitative finance, are highly relevant. TCS is recognized internationally, which lends further weight to your CV. Being a research assistant under a professor at UC Davis brings international exposure, which is a plus point.

Founding and leading data science committees, conducting hackathons, workshops, and fund-raising activities, are all incredible accomplishments that display leadership, initiative, and passion. They will undoubtedly strengthen your application.

Recommendations for Improvement:

📊 GRE Score: As mentioned, try to get your GRE score closer to or above 324. This could significantly strengthen your application given the competitive pool.

🌐 Networking: Connect with current students or alumni of the HEC-Yale M2M program. This will give you insights into the program and can help tailor your essays and applications better.

✍️ Application Essays: Make sure to highlight your unique experiences, quantify your achievements in research and innovation, and your passion for data science and finance. Mention why the M2M program specifically aligns with your future goals.

🤝 Recommendations: Secure strong recommendation letters from your professors and internship supervisors. Given your research experience, a recommendation from the UC Davis professor would be especially valuable.

Target Programs:

➡️ Dream: HEC-Yale M2M, Duke Fuqua MMS, LBS Masters in Financial Analysis
➡️ Competitive: ESSEC-Mannheim M2M, UCD Smurfit MSc in Business Analytics
➡️ Safe: ESMT Berlin MSc in Management, ESADE MSc in Business Analytics

Overall, your profile is quite competitive for the HEC-Yale M2M program. With a few enhancements, particularly in your GRE score and application materials, you'll be in a good position to secure a spot.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a FREE call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.

Or DM for help!

👉 Click Here to Schedule a FREE Call 👈
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
agreeable_swimmer wrote:

Background:

Academic Achievements:

Hello agreeable_swimmer,

Thanks for writing in.

Profile-wise you have a lot working for you provided you can weave it all together in a set of well-written essays. Of course, you have not quite spoken about your career goals.

Having said the above, you should work on improving your test score; an improved score coupled with a strong application that adequately captures your strengths will give you a good chance.

All the best!
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619713 [0]
Given Kudos: 81613
Send PM
Expert Reply
HEC Paris Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.