Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.58
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi everyone! I'm planning to apply for the full time MBA programme (Jan 2021 intake) offered by HEC, Paris. Would request for a profile evaluation and what would be my potential chance of getting into HEC.

About me: 27 years old Indian male

Education: Graduation from University of Delhi, followed up with a Chartered Accountant (CA) license in 2016. High school background is from Sciences stream.

GMAT: 690 (Q45, V40) - Based on the mocks that I have given thus far. I plan to give my GMAT in February 2020 and i'm targeting a score between 700 and 720.

Work experience: 3 years of internship (as part of the Chartered Accountancy programme) with a top 10 professional services firm in North India followed up with 3 years of work-ex with a big4. During my stint with the big4, I was promoted after the first 2 years and received consistent appraisals.

Extracurricular activities: leadership roles during my stint at the big4 including being part of various steering committees, part of Table tennis team during high school, maintain a blog where i write on pressing issues

If you need any further information, please drop me a PM or reply to this post. I'll modify it with the additional info. Thanks! :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi ravigupta2912 ..
You need to provide further details such as:

1. professional achievements
2. social cause/ volunteering?
3. Why MBA? Why HEC?
4. What are your short term and long term goals?
5. What's your future plan?
6. International experience / languages?

ravigupta2912 wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm planning to apply for the full time MBA programme (Jan 2021 intake) offered by HEC, Paris. Would request for a profile evaluation and what would be my potential chance of getting into HEC.

Education: Graduation from University of Delhi, followed up with a Chartered Accountant (CA) license in 2016. High school background is from Sciences stream.

GMAT: 690 (Q45, V40) - Based on the mocks that I have given thus far. I plan to give my GMAT in February 2020 and i'm targeting a score between 700 and 720.

Work experience: 3 years of internship (as part of the Chartered Accountancy programme) with a top 10 professional services firm in North India followed up with 3 years of work-ex with a big4. During my stint with the big4, I was promoted after the first 2 years and received consistent appraisals.

Extracurricular activities: leadership roles during my stint at the big4 including being part of various steering committees, part of Table tennis team during high school, maintain a blog where i write on pressing issues

If you need any further information, please drop me a PM or reply to this post. I'll modify it with the additional info. Thanks! :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.58
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Leadership wrote:
Hi ravigupta2912 ..
You need to provide further details such as:

3. Why MBA? Why HEC?

ravigupta2912 wrote:

Been a top 2 rater consistently at the big4 for 3 years. Worked on several large projects which involved multiple stakeholders (network firms, multiple partners, client etc). Responsible for managing and being the single point of contact for clients. From year 2 onwards, I had a dedicated staff with direct line reporting to me.

Not much to speak of. But since I have time, I plan on participating some of the volunteering programmes organised by the big4 where I'm presently working. But for the purposes of profile evaluation, would request if this can be treated as negligible.

3. Why MBA? Why HEC?

I think these three questions have lots of common strains and it is better if I addressed them together. This isn't an application answer right now, so I'll speak of my raw motivations.

I want to pursue an MBA because I want to work and eventually rise up the ranks (significantly) in one of the big3.

I want to transition from operational consulting to management consulting and generate significant value for clients across industries. The desire to work in the consulting comes from my current stint at the big4 where I have enjoyed client interaction, the consistent quest to deliver quality to clients not only in terms of the technical matter but also in terms of aesthetics.

And I believe not only does an MBA open the door for opportunities for working with a big3 but also provides you with the necessary skill set, tools, connections and perspective for it.

HEC because it is one of the premier institutions in Europe from where such big3 consistently recruit. Also the diverse nature of class adds up to the "perspective" which very much is valuable as you graduate and step into the professional world.

English & other Indian languages.

I plan to learn Spanish after my GMAT. However, for now, I would request you to only consider English.

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi ravigupta2912 .
Thanks for replying. Few suggestions-
1. You need to prove on what basis you are top 2 performer. Quantify achievements. Mention the number of team
2. You have few months to do add if you want to. You can also mention extra-curricular.
3-5. Climbing ladder. Transition from op. to mgmt. consulting. Start connecting with current students who are in consulting treks. Connect with alumni who are holding the positions you are looking for. They will guide you with their experiences.
6. Why Spanish and not French? Do you plan to settle in Spanish speaking countries? Additional language (not only French) is a plus.

I would suggest you to target at least 710 or more. Write compelling stories. Take up a volunteer work (not to show but to seriously get some learning). I hope once you are done with your GMAT, we can discuss further. All the best.

ravigupta2912 wrote:

Been a top 2 rater consistently at the big4 for 3 years. Worked on several large projects which involved multiple stakeholders (network firms, multiple partners, client etc). Responsible for managing and being the single point of contact for clients. From year 2 onwards, I had a dedicated staff with direct line reporting to me.

Not much to speak of. But since I have time, I plan on participating some of the volunteering programmes organised by the big4 where I'm presently working. But for the purposes of profile evaluation, would request if this can be treated as negligible.

3. Why MBA? Why HEC?

I think these three questions have lots of common strains and it is better if I addressed them together. This isn't an application answer right now, so I'll speak of my raw motivations.

I want to pursue an MBA because I want to work and eventually rise up the ranks (significantly) in one of the big3.

I want to transition from operational consulting to management consulting and generate significant value for clients across industries. The desire to work in the consulting comes from my current stint at the big4 where I have enjoyed client interaction, the consistent quest to deliver quality to clients not only in terms of the technical matter but also in terms of aesthetics.

And I believe not only does an MBA open the door for opportunities for working with a big3 but also provides you with the necessary skill set, tools, connections and perspective for it.

HEC because it is one of the premier institutions in Europe from where such big3 consistently recruit. Also the diverse nature of class adds up to the "perspective" which very much is valuable as you graduate and step into the professional world.

English & other Indian languages.

I plan to learn Spanish after my GMAT. However, for now, I would request you to only consider English.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Hi,

Here is my profile

About me: 27 years old, male, Indian

Education: Bachelor in Engineering Mechanical, CGPA 7.96/10, university is quite renown in India

Target programs: MBA

GMAT: 700 Q49, V36

Industry Experience:
1.Current- Assistant Manager at Maruti Suzuki (Automotive); subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan.
sep 2017- Current.
Model development and Lab management.
Constant interaction with Japanese counterparts.
Awarded 2 consecutive quarterly awards for my work in this Financial Year
Leading a team of 3 for lab management and coordinating with all department members for revenue budget

2. Manager at Reliance Industries Limited (Petrochemical & Refinery)
Jul '15 - Sep'17
Mechanical Maintenance and shutdown related activities
Led a team of 4 technicians & 4 contractual employees

Extracurricular activities: Volunteer work during college at an NGO CRY. Recieved 3rd position in paper presentation at University. Organized college fests.

Languagues: 3 in total (but no french)

Hobbies: Travelling and trekking; watching movies & Reading books

Do you think getting admission and maybe a scholarship is realistic, given my lack of international exposure?

Post MBA I want to be a consultant in energy sector. Is it possible to make that switch and if so how should I approach my application

Thanks in advance!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi subhsngh ..
Your gpa is good and gmat score is just above the average score of the class. Work Experience with big companies/group is plus point, however, you need to clearly define achievements. For ex. when you said 2 awards for your work - it is must to explain the work. Quantify some elements in your professional exp. Extra-curricular is fine. Languages are good. Switching function, industry and geography are the most common reasons for MBA. I am sure you can switch to energy sector. that. Some suggestions to think on:

1. Renown university name?
2. Try to increase your score to 720-730 (if you can) for better chances of scholarships
3. Which intake are you thinking to apply in?
4. Quantify the elements, introspect.
5. Why HEC?
6. Why you work as a consultant? Why Energy sector?
7. Where do you want to settle after MBA?

You need to be prepared for above questions and make a compelling story.
subhsngh wrote:
Hi,

Here is my profile

About me: 27 years old, male, Indian

Education: Bachelor in Engineering Mechanical, CGPA 7.96/10, university is quite renown in India

Target programs: MBA

GMAT: 700 Q49, V36

Industry Experience:
1.Current- Assistant Manager at Maruti Suzuki (Automotive); subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan.
sep 2017- Current.
Model development and Lab management.
Constant interaction with Japanese counterparts.
Awarded 2 consecutive quarterly awards for my work in this Financial Year
Leading a team of 3 for lab management and coordinating with all department members for revenue budget

2. Manager at Reliance Industries Limited (Petrochemical & Refinery)
Jul '15 - Sep'17
Mechanical Maintenance and shutdown related activities
Led a team of 4 technicians & 4 contractual employees

Extracurricular activities: Volunteer work during college at an NGO CRY. Recieved 3rd position in paper presentation at University. Organized college fests.

Languagues: 3 in total (but no french)

Hobbies: Travelling and trekking; watching movies & Reading books

Do you think getting admission and maybe a scholarship is realistic, given my lack of international exposure?

Post MBA I want to be a consultant in energy sector. Is it possible to make that switch and if so how should I approach my application

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello folks! I want to know what are my chances of getting an admit from HEC Paris. I am a female from India and have a GMAT score of 720 but my academic records are not great with a CGPA of 7.38 out of 10 in my bachelor's(b.tech in Computer science and engineering) from a state university in India. I have 5 years of work experience in IT working as a software engineer at Infosys and Lbrands. No international work experience.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Anushmita, your GMAT is solid for that school and the undergrad bit won't hold you back IF you have some compelling example of teamwork/leadership/problem solving, where they feel your work experience will contribute significantly to your colleagues. I hope you are applying for January batch; your odds are a lot better there.
anushmita707 wrote:
Hello folks! I want to know what are my chances of getting an admit from HEC Paris. I am a female from India and have a GMAT score of 720 but my academic records are not great with a CGPA of 7.38 out of 10 in my bachelor's(b.tech in Computer science and engineering) from a state university in India. I have 5 years of work experience in IT working as a software engineer at Infosys and Lbrands. No international work experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thanks a ton for your review! I was curious how does jan intake increase my chances instead of sept if they send out more admits in sept? Thanks in advance for clarification!

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi Anushmita, your GMAT is solid for that school and the undergrad bit won't hold you back IF you have some compelling example of teamwork/leadership/problem solving, where they feel your work experience will contribute significantly to your colleagues. I hope you are applying for January batch; your odds are a lot better there.
anushmita707 wrote:

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Indians need to apply early because those seats get filled fast. Earlier the better. anushmita707

anushmita707 wrote:
Thanks a ton for your review! I was curious how does jan intake increase my chances instead of sept if they send out more admits in sept? Thanks in advance for clarification!

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
anushmita707 wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Hi..could you tell how small is the cohort for Jan vis-a-vis a Sept intake?

Thanks in advance.

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Indians need to apply early because those seats get filled fast. Earlier the better. anushmita707

anushmita707 wrote:

Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi bschoolhunter ..
The ratio of Jan to Sep intake is approximately 1 to 2.

bschoolhunter wrote:
Hi..could you tell how small is the cohort for Jan vis-a-vis a Sept intake?

Thanks in advance.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Dear all,
We have created a separate Gmatclub group chat for HEC. You can use this CHAT for quick suggestions, and help each other. Click HERE
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I'm planning to apply for the MIM program.

My profile is as follows :-
I am from India.
Average Academics:
10 - 71.45 ( Grade A )
10+2 - 66 ( Grade A )
U.G. [Under Graduation] (Bachelors of Commerce) - 63% Grade 'A'
(Top 20 Indian Universities) Graduated in May, 2018.

Extra Curricular :-

I have won many debate competitions
2 - National Level Competitions
3 years in a row during my U.G. in my institute

I have also won a couple Business Quiz Competitions as well as various other Business Competitions. Also have won the College of the year twice in a business competition for my institute.
I have also participated and won in a couple state level Soccer tournaments.
I was a part of the Events organizing committee during my Graduation.

Work Experience :-
I have been working for the past 10 months in the field of Accounting.
I have also participated in many other social and business competitions.

Please give me your views about what would be a good GMAT score for getting an Interview call as well as Conversion.

Also suggest what can I do to improve my profile for having better chances of conversion.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi Abdullah09 ..
Your academics are average and what is the name of this 'Top 20 Indian Universities'? Your extra curricular looks strong but you need to get at least 720 to have a chance. HEC's MIM is renowned and popular. You would be competing with people who have strong profiles and GMAT 750.

You need to work on getting a high GMAT score and craft a compelling story.

Abdullah09 wrote:

My profile is as follows :-
I am from India.
Average Academics:
10 - 71.45 ( Grade A )
10+2 - 66 ( Grade A )
(Top 20 Indian Universities) Graduated in May, 2018.

Extra Curricular :-

I have also won a couple Business Quiz Competitions as well as various other Business Competitions. Also have won the College of the year twice in a business competition for my institute.
I have also participated and won in a couple state level Soccer tournaments.

Work Experience :-

Please give me your views about what would be a good GMAT score for getting an Interview call as well as Conversion.

Also suggest what can I do to improve my profile for having better chances of conversion.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
The name of my U.G. University is Savitribai Phule Pune University. Also, would it help if in addition to my current profile I work for a year, learn a foreign language until level B2/ or do some additional course and then apply in 2021?

Leadership wrote:
Hi Abdullah09 ..
Your academics are average and what is the name of this 'Top 20 Indian Universities'? Your extracurricular looks strong but you need to get at least 720 to have a chance. HEC's MIM is renowned and popular. You would be competing with people who have strong profiles and GMAT 750.

You need to work on getting a high GMAT score and craft a compelling story.

Abdullah09 wrote:

My profile is as follows:-
I am from India.
Average Academics:
10 - 71.45 ( Grade A )
10+2 - 66 ( Grade A )
(Top 20 Indian Universities) I graduated in May 2018.

Extra-Curricular:-

I have also won a couple of Business Quiz Competitions as well as various other Business Competitions. I also have won the College of the year twice in a business competition for my institute.
I have also participated and won in a couple of state-level Soccer tournaments.

Work Experience:-

Please give me your views about what would be a good GMAT score for getting an interview call as well as Conversion.

Also, suggest what can I do to improve my profile for having better chances of conversion.

Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi Abdullah09 ..
You can do what you are thinking but remember GMAT score should be the main priority. Apply to 2-3 other schools if things don't go your way.
Abdullah09 wrote:
The name of my U.G. University is Savitribai Phule Pune University. Also, would it help if in addition to my current profile I work for a year, learn a foreign language until level B2/ or do some additional course and then apply in 2021?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  30